Veeky Forums, I really really like beer. I only drink a bottle on my rest evenings...

Veeky Forums, I really really like beer. I only drink a bottle on my rest evenings, but I'd like to know if it would be a problem if I started drinking a bottle even on my gym nights.

Do you drink beer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pXOGS9cilKM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I drink beer every day. As long as you're not on a cut or getting drunk, it's perfectly fine.

Drinks everyday but never gets drunk.
Are you 70 years old?
I drink 5 or so once a week

I love beer probably just as much as you do.
Same here, only drink on rest nights.
From what I've read/heard alcohol hinders your muscles from repairing themselves after a workout.
Effectively killing your gains, rendering your workout of the day lesser.
Again, not entirely sure about this, but ain't taking my chances with the gains goblin.

No I just like beer and don't like the feeling of being drunk.

those beers look tasty

That's what I've heard, but I want to know if it's actually true or not, because I'm really craving a tasty beer.

They're my favorite.

the way your body metabolizes alcohol basicall puts metabolism of other macros and synthesis of new muscle on hold until the alcohol is metabolized.
Your body takes, I've heard either 1 hour per ounce of alcohol or 1.25 hour per ounce of alcohol.

I still drink beer because I'm a giant slut for it, but between the simple carbs and generally detrimental effects of alcohol, it's probably best to save for a rest day. possibly worth fitting in on a cut for a carb refeed.
Wine and liquors are slightly less detrimental options.

I unironically think beer tastes like fucking shit and I dont understand how billions of people enjoy drinking it
Ive drank "good" beer too
If Im already trashed I might drink a light one but I just dont get the appeal

Beer comes in a huge spectrum, user. Maybe you've had 'good' beer, but it was just a sort you don't like. I love weissbier and witbier, hefeweizen is the shit, but I won't touch most IPAs with a ten foot pole. That bitter hopped-up taste just does nothing for me.

no

i drink liquor

drink liquor.

that's okay. nobody's holding you at gunpoint; you're not obliged to like it.
don't force yourself and don't let other people force you

Who else 45+ beers a week here?

I can only drink stout beer. Regular beer tastes like piss but I'd drink a Guinness every day if it wouldn't kill my gains.

Once upon a time, it made me skinny fat. Still recovering...

i agree that stouts are the best beers but unless it's like bud or hamms or some shit lighter beer hardly tastes like piss

I enjoy beer
Only drink on Fridays and Saturdays and very in frequently drink to get drunk.
I enjoy the tipsy buzzed feeling but hate getting more drunk than that and get terrible hangovers even off a couple of beers

Wheat beers > any dark beer > session beers that are easy to drink > beer I missed out > green "hoppy" butter beers

I drink once every couple of weeks. Most of what I like is expensive and I refuse to drink mass-produced rotgut like Molson or Labatts. I've recently started brewing my own.

It depends on what you drink and a little bit on how much water you've had since alcohol is a diuretic and can cause dehydration. I once drank a single Vietnamese beer (I was at a Vietnamese restaurant and always try the beer from the country where the food comes from) and got a nasty headache from that before getting home in spite of having a lot of water the rest of the time. On the other hand, I've had heroic amounts of German beer in one sitting a few times with little water between drinks and would not get hung over from that. Germany has very strict purity laws that prevent the kind of impurities that can cause a hangover. I've heard similar stories about French beer, since they don't care about the quality of their beer as much as their wine.

It depends on what your goals are. Will it slow down your progress? Yes absolutely. By how much? Depends on the rest of your regime. Do I drink beer? Yes, but only when I'm having a drinking night which I do every couple of months.

If you want to min/max your gains you should cut it out. Otherwise it's not a big deal, one beer a night is a reasonable vice.

>2016
>Still succumbing to the lure of the liquid jew

You genuinely taking the PISS right now m9?

Einstök er best!

>mfw I'm brewing a hefe and a double hop slam

Life's bretty gud famalam

>double hop slam
But hop slam is already a double, user.

>double hopslam

Jelly desu.

does everything in this world have to be a rip off?

They're not even the same style from what I can barely tell. Similar labels happen. There's a lot of beer in the world bro.

Yeah, I know. Only the porters 'match'. But I doubt this is a coincidence.

>Beer comes in a huge spectrum, user. Maybe you've had 'good' beer, but it was just a sort you don't like.

this tbqh

plus there's generally a period of getting attuned to the flavour and learning to drink it as a young adult, while your tastebuds generally also develop

although this guy has shitty taste, IPAs are fantastic, weissbier is boring famalam

youtube.com/watch?v=pXOGS9cilKM

its because when you drink beer for the first time(s) you are developing a palate. what happens is you find something you like/love and drink that. then you venture beyond that spectrum slightly in a certain direction. you may like what you try more, you may like it less, but whatever makes that beer's profile different that the others you come to appreciate. and you can move on from there. so then as you continue on in that pattern you end up finding out for example you like certain kinds of beers over others and more specifically in that category certain profiles over others. its not fair to say "i dont like IPAs" when you havent experienced all IPAs. when you come to appreciate the flavor you will find yourself actually enjoying things you never thought you even liked before.

its pretentious hipster bullshit i know but its how it works. and this applies to all food and beverage. not just beer. but im an alcoholic so maybe i just like everything (i do)

>weissbier
>boring
Nope. I like ipas, but they do really kill people's taste buds. Reading reviews from people who disregard the style of beer entirely and just complain about the lack of hops is frustrating.

true. its because that hoppiness just clicks with some people on an addictive level. it makes IPAs incredibly refreshing. admittedly i am one of those people. but i also can enjoy other styles without unfair comparisons

I drink minimum 12 beers everyday and now that the warm weather is coming back I'll be drinking at least 15 a day

i used to be this.
how do you deal with the depression?

I do it because there's nothing else to do and my gf prefers me to be drunk

60+ here

that's weird of her. you can't pick up a hobby and save yourself 10 dollar a day? or better use it?

ps i used to buy kegs for myself in college in the winter and keep them on my back porch to stay cold

It costs me 25$ a day, I live in canada and 12 tallboys is 25$

a few beers a day wont do anything.

fuck. that.

read the sticky. it lowers T. plus you have to metabolize alcohol over everything else because its poison.

This

Its when you get shit faced everyday that it fucks with your gains

I binge drink from Friday after work until like the middle of Sunday afternoon. It seems to me like it's messing with my body but it may just be I'm getting older.

Same brah every weekend is a drunk fest

>beer

I wish beer still got me drunk. I've been drinking everyday for 8 years and now drink a liter of vodka or whiskey everyday

Yeah an ipa or regular pale ale in the summer is damn good, but I also really like those traditional german summer beers. Wheats, Helles, berliner weiss

>not getting the cheapest highest potency beer you can get

Please source these metabolism claims

It's obvious

Beer is a fucking meme, there is a reason all religious texts ban it for the most part.
Tell me what are the fucking benefits?
>you get fat
>bloated
>bad for your liver
>tastes like shit unless you some "sophisticated" loser that forced himself to "like" certain beers because your male peers/older male role models in your life told you that beer is good

Why do you think nobody likes beer at first? Its literal poison that you trick yourself into liking

>B-but the social gains!
If you need beer or alchohol to be outgoing then you're never going to fucking make it

>beer is a meme

tips fedora

you must be fun at parties

Thats an interesting use of a condom...

If I'm looking to get drunk I'll buy a handle of costco vodka

Beers better because vodka makes me blackout

Calm down Duff Mckagan

Are you 12?

Fug, last two years I've been drinking 3 times a week, 10-15 pints each time. I'm talking British pints, 570 ml or so. MAde me fat as FUUUCK, balooned to 130kg. I've been getting back on the wagon recently, but its a struggle.

Alcoholism sucks dick.

is op íslenskur ?

Been doing that every day for years

>I really really like beer
No, you don't. Otherwise you would just drink alcohol-free beer. You like alcohol, maybe are even addicted to it. And it's bad.

Beer is alcohol you stupid fuck, who would ever drink alcohol free beer? The whole point of drinking beer is to get drunk