That guy that benches sub 2pl8 after 1 year of lifting

>that guy that benches sub 2pl8 after 1 year of lifting

>that guy who isn't even at 2/3/4/5 after lifting for 6 months

might as well quit right now if you haven't even managed this

I'm glad I quit when I hit 1plate after 6 months, then.

I started SS with 10plate

The gallon of milk is supposed to go in cups you fucking degenerate.

There are two types of people. There are those who will climb the ladder towards success, then there are others who are stuck on the ladder and try and pull others down to their level. Guess which one you are?

>inb4 week dyel. My working bench is 110kg for sets.

>that guy who lifts for strength

>that guy who is still human

Is 2pl8 135lb?

No, 225lbs.

>that guy that still benches

>tfw at 205
>tfw wrists are aching from a squat fail
today was the end of the the cycle and I'm supposed to be getting a new bench max but wrists hurt too much fampai

>tfw you are that guy
>tfw you're lifting for 2 years

JUST
U
S
T

>hit 2pl8 7 months in
>120kg, 8months
>11 months and still 120kg, can do 4x5 120kg and 1x5 125kg
Stalling brehs how do I go beyond this shit?

>can squat 185kg for a triple
>can dead 200kg for a triple
>can only bench 92.5kg for a double
send help

>that guy who cut like a retard whole first year, then regained weight during summer and followed it by small bulk
>his bench is about 1,5 plate after two years, just learned about proper form with leg drive

am I retarded

>that guy that does 3 meme exercises and leaves

don't feel bad. I just started yesterday and can literally only do the bar for reps.

;_;

2 Plates seems unthinkable. wtf.

When I first started going to the gym I did SL and would take up the squat rack to do ohp, squats and even deadlifts and then leave.

eat more you fat fuck

That's really homo cliche saying.

>that guy who can almost bench 2pl8 without lifting just from doing puss ups because hes a fat guy
>tfw that guy is me

This was me when I started. Went to a commercial gym with a buddy and he told me to widen my grip then suddenly lmao 2 plates ezpz.

>that guy who benches 4pl8 after a year.

i dont know senpai, i did the bulk because Veeky Forums told me i had no muscles. i reached 75 kg bench in 6 months and now have been cutting for 3 months where the numbers just all stay the same.

the 1/2/3/4 goal in a year is only feasible if you are either skeleton mode or literally only lift for numbers and get fat as fuck.

Holy Rippletits

It's not achievable in a year, at least not natty. It's a meme

Theoretically fatties might have a shot due to their shorter ROM with all that fat. But it's not that impressive when it's less than your bodyweight.

what program should i follow after i finish my 10-15kg cut?

i will probably have been lifting close to a year by then with not so great numbers. do i switch from greyskll to texas or ppl ?

I think benching your own body weight in the first year is decent enough achievement without becoming a fat fuck

youre either on gear, obese as fuck or have the worlds most elite genetics, which one is it?

The lifts are not comparable either, i hit 1 plate OHP strict press for reps within about 10 months, 2 plate bench took me a year and a half

poor user got btfo

Are you me?
3 years in, benching 2 plate for 5x5 because of´Í cut at the start down to 6-8% bf. now, at the end of my 2.5 year slow bulk I have gained 20 kg of mass while going up to around 15% bf.

Started about a month ago and I'm benching 115 lbs x 8. The bar is like 45 pounds, what is wrong with you?

>that guy who only comes in to squat and acts surprised when people think he's dyel

Whoops, meant this as a reply to

>Still probably has a bigger chest than you.
>All genetics niqqa

I only care about strength used in real life. I can do shit like front lever, human flag, dragon flags, pull ups, dips etc. Don't really care about strength when benching as I use dumbells and make sure I always get a good workout and always progressing, that is what counts. You keep upping the weight at your own pace and eventually you'll get a good chest, that's just how it works.

that is just not true mate maybe but of course it is very hard if you have not done any sports when you were younger

just hit 135x3 incline

hold me brahs

I've been lifting for 6 months and still bench sub-40

what the FUCK do I do?

sub 40kg?

Stick with it and eat well.

Retard question but what's 1/2/3/4/5 exactly?

Saying that everybody can achieve 2pl8 bench after year of training is like saying that even an african guy with 60 IQ can achieve PhD in physics in western countries if he just learns enough.

135lb/225/315/405/495 (usually rounded to 500) of weights respectively.
they correspond to the number of plates on each side of the bar, so 1=135, 2=225, etc.
1/2/3/4 is a standard of 'fit' lifts, where you have 1/2/3/4 for ohp/benchpress/squat/deadlift
tl;dr 1/2/3/4 = ohp 135, bench 225, squat 315, dead 405

1pl8 ohp
2pl8 bench
3pl8 squat
4pl8 diddly
5pl8 reverse overhead deadsquat

Most people can achieve 2pl8 for 1rm after a year if dedicated and focus on strength programs rather than waste time with ppl or brosplits.

> functional strength.
Gee guess you missed the strength part of that sentence.

For 1RM it's aboslutely achievable in 1 year and this is coming from an ex-fatty that had to cut for the first 6 months of liftan.

60 kg OHP
100 kg Bench
140 kg squat
180 kg DL

What's wrong with PPL? I'm pretty noob so advice is appreciated.

You're not gonna advance at a good pace and just slow down your progress imo.
e.g a PPL guy in best of situations will add weight to the bar twice in a week (most of the time it's gonna be once a week) Meanwhile an SS or SL guy will add weight to the bar 3 times a week.

E.g from just myself been lifting for 17 months now first 6 were cutting on SS reached just below 1/2/3/4 for 1rm and then moved on to TM and started bulking and by the end of the year was at 1/2/3/4 (now at 70 kg x 5 ohp 112 3x2 bench 170 3x2 squat and 182 1x3 Deadlift )
Nothing made my chest explode better than actually being able to bench more weight with correct form.

If there are any PPL bros that made as quick of an advancement please post routine and prove me wrong.

Thank you

>Start lifting on a cut to maintain muscle for sport
>Hit 1pl8 1RM one month in

A-am I doing good bros?

Have an experienced bencher look at your form.

>tfw can only do 2 plate for 7
>3 years of lifting

>doing the meme lift for upper chest.
Do it with a reverse grip.

>that guy that doesn't check the catalog and makes another "that guy" thread

>tfw lifting for almost 8 months and still stalling on lmao1pl8 bench 8 reps

There's no fucking way I'll be able to hit 2pl8 in a year. I'll be lucky if I manage 1RM 2pl8 in 1,5 year.

B-but at least my diddy is improving, r-right?

Buuuuulllshit.

I first started lifting in January, benching 125x5

Already hit 195x5 and am about to attempt 200x5 later today.

Did you not read the book "starting strength"?

>doing sets of 8 with babyweight.

Don't train for volume. Volume is setsxrepsxweight if the weight is zero, sets and reps don't matter.

Start working with lower rep ranges to build strength.

Currently on bulk, though, so I want to go for as much volume as I can. Gonna start cutting by the end of may, and only then will I start training for more strength I guess.

I bench 1.5pl8 for 5 after a year lifting, but i'm 125lbs/56kg so I don't think it's so bad.

Doing 5/3/1 though because I really fucking want 2pl8 bench

>tfw in a few months is gonna be a year lifting for me
>tfw at halfway to 2 pl8s
Am I gonna make it, Veeky Forums?

That isn't how it works.

More volume = more sets for you.

Don't do high reps of you push baby weight.

Never ever.

You can't train for volume

Volume is sets x reps x weight.

Your weight is at zero.

No matter how many reps you do, you are multiplying the results with zero.

Do some linear progression for a few months, and you wil get much more growth.

If you want to be a fagtard, at least do two sets of 3-5 rep, progressing in weight each time. And then you can follow that up with 2 sets of 8-10

But I promise you, high rep only applies when you can rep 2pl8

Most people don't start at 125. Most people don't bulk through summer. Most people are already cutting. Most people start bulking in August. Also, your linear gains are about to stop. Get ready for the real struggle.

>that guy who weighs 350lbs who brags about benching 2pl8

kek, you should be benching 185 for 5 1 month in by now lmao

so 50kg
thats really shit

>bulk
Literally cutting then recomping.

I was obese fatfuck, cut down from 250 to 180(mostly before I started lifting), but still making hella gains while cutting

>that guy so weak he thinks you can't easily be lean and bench 2pl8

I bet you think candito is on roids

>that guys who struts around barely lifting then running home to post about what others are doing in the gym

you're a superstar

Lmao at weak lanklets

Starting stats
Bench: 135 1x5
Squat: 135 5x5
Dead: 225 1x5
Ohp: 95 1x5

Current stats (7.5 months in)
Squat 295 3x5
Bench 205 3x5
Dead 355 1x5
Ohp 135 1x3

I hit 1/2/3/4 for singles pretty easily but my goal is to hit them for 5 and then hopefully sets of 5

5'9 166 lbs

Just curious: what "improvements" are you making with your diddly?

it took me 2 years and i fucked around a lot, had done no sports for about 6 years prior to lifting, and i regularly couldn't go near a gym for a month or longer, plus my diet was shit

with a good diet someone who is committed could absolutely get 1/2/3/4 within a year, for reps never mind for 1RM

Currently at 130x5, so If I were to believe online calculators my 1RM should be around 150 kg.
Not impressive, I know, but compared to that bench it's pretty decent.

Oh you're fat? See

>post stats on Veeky Forums
>get accused of e-statting

Feels good, m80s

I'm kind of with you, user.

Twiglet over here, 5'11 177lbs. I can do about 95lbs 3x8-12 without dying. If I increase that by 10 pounds all of a sudden my arms don't work.

I see dudes doing 225lbs for 4x5 and I'm just like "how will I ever get to that point".

I've been having better results just trying a heavier weight to start out with then deloading before I get crushed to death. Most important thing is to not just say fuck it and actually finish your sets.

>TFW fat fucks don't know how easy they have it when it comes to lifting 2pl8s

YOU ALREADY HAVE THE MASS, YOU FAT SHITS, all you have to do is control your eating. Going from skeleton to fit is way harder.

>that kike that sees a duplicate thread then bumps it anyway

SAGE

what the fuck is a reverse overhead deadsquat

>that guy who loads 3pl8 on the deadlift bar, occupies it for an hour, then leaves without removing his plates
yes I'm mad

>is on a fitness board
>doesn't even do reverse overhead deadsquats
Shiggy

im not ashamed of my newfaggery!

>tfw I stopped doing bench because couldn't hit 1pl8
>just did DB press with 60s
>eventually stop doing those and use the various bench machines
>girls touch my chest
>normies mire and call me muscular
>big guys no longer laugh at me struggling to bench babby weight

fuck your bench press

>Tfw can't bench lmao1plate after a year of lifting
>confused
>go to doctor
>get diagnosed with low test

Apparently I have the test levels of a 60 year old man.

not that guy but even candito admitted his genetics are easily top 1% when it comes to strength at least

>that guy who sages a thread but posts an image

>1 year of lifting
>OHP 1pl8 for 3 reps
>Squat 3pl8 1RM
>Diddy almost 4pl8, do sets of 8-10 with 3pl8
>Bench 1.5 pl8
Why even live

I can bench my bw three times

>tfw 75kg

a lot of people, myself included, make this mistake when they first start out. Going for "abs".

>lifting 4 months, but had to take a few weeks off near the middle due to back injury

>squat 3x5 185lb
>ohp 3x5 130lb
>deadlift 3x5 255lb
>bench 3x5 155lb

No matter what I try I can't get bench up further - I can maybe manage 4 reps of 160, but then my arms just sort of collapse. I know my squat is shit, but I hurt my back, and I really don't want to load it too much.

>that guy who cares about raw numbers because he's an ugly, fat fuck

your OHP is high

>tfw caught between wanting abs and wanting to get stronger

Reee

Except for my Deadlift which is kind of delayed due to bad form, I have pretty similar stats.
Also 5'9 here.
Any tips?

>tfw I bench 85 lbs after 6 months of lifting

My left arm doesn't seem to want to fucking help. My right arm does the work. What do?

Balance the weights so you have 2.5lbs more on the left side