youtube.com/watch?v=-R5g05Sf5_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>full circle
full retard

upvoted!

>be ancap
>spend all day on Veeky Forums looking at memes
>become an anti-revisionist Stalinist

Well, at least you chose the only non-shit Christian denomination to LARP within, judging by your pic, so there is that.

>be atheist
>study history and see how dumb or duplicitous religious people are
>stay atheist

>become an atheist after years of cynicism and depression
>study the Crusades
>return to the Church and gain a desire to invade the Holy Land

>be Christian
>study history and see how murderous and repressive atheists are
>stay Christian

>enjoy the comforts of the 21st century
>read history from the safety of my modern home
>"oh WOW the churches were so BIG back then! How could they build such big and shiny churches unless they truly were G*d's kingdom!"
>ignore the rivers of peasant blood that was spilled for the aggrandizement of churches and monarchs
>fail to realize that peasants couldn't leave monuments or write manuscripts to testify to how godawful their society was

>be filth
>become a fake-christian dog
like corpses to maggots

>be atheist most of my life
>practice meditation
>reach gnosis
>experience union with God
>seek answers in religions
>step by step, miraclous event after miraclous event, small thing after small thing the only possibility is gnosticism
>and by this I mean that I explored religions and was exposed to the most curious phenomena in them that led me to gnosticism
>be completely and absolutely sure
>holy shit shitlord, you're a sectarian
>or
>holy shit shitlord, you could be wrong, I have my faith
>and my favourite
>you hallucinated it all, derpa derp, there is nothing and fedoras are good accesories of clothing

Happened to me too. Im going to start RCIA as soon as I can but I love hearing people go to Orthodoxy too.

Good luck with your new faith user!

On a serious note, I don't see how people studying history can be religious. You study their formation and should realize none of then have any real legitimacy from a theological standpoint. I'm all for having a religion to carry on traditions and culture, but I don't get how anybody can claim one as more legitimate than another.

This just screams I want to larp being Byzantine to me.

I think it's mostly people who were indoctrinated in early childhood and thus literally unable to break out of it.

Alternatively, it can be just the same raw appeal of any religion - it gives you sense of being part of a community, answers hard questions for you so you don't have to think about them, offers comfort with an idea of happy afterlife and karma points. There is a reason religion is still around and will be around for a long time -it's one hella of a drug

>The Romans can still celebrate the festival of Saturnalia, the birthday of Mithras, and the birthday of Christ on December the 25th

because whenever you like it or not christianity was always huge part of western culture and studying history can make you appreciate positive staff that came with it a bit more despite the negative stuff being a thing too

Didn't get to pre-christian history yet?

/thread

>keep hearing how leftists say that christianity is bad
>study my country history
>realize that christianization actually ended blood feuds and culture of tribal mentality, provided stability and prevented us from being decimated like baltic prussians

>was
Why not just let it remain in history?

Who decimated those baltic prussians?

So what did Christianity provide that wasn't already present in western culture that improved it so much?

>be /pol/tard
>constantly switching between radical ideologies
>end up coming to Veeky Forums
>realize that modern mixed-economic democracies and republics are truly the best system
>get really pissed off that the most boring system is the best

Guess who did world wars.

>my world views change as I switch boards on 4chin

Typical poltard

Who, unironically, cares about the worthless lives of the peasantry?

found the dane

>be atheist
>study history
>stay atheist
>study philosophy
>still a fucking atheist

Sorry man, I just haven't seen a convincing reason to believe in God.

>Who, unironically, cares about the worthless lives of the peasantry?

People who run the churches are peasants in the eyes of the gods. As are any "monarchs" who claim the Jews' "god" has any authority, power, or reality.

youtube.com/watch?v=8A0ZIc6-0Pg

>be atheist for some years
>study history
>start worshipping Zeus again

This is what you sound like.

>start worshipping Zeus again
>This is what you sound like.

That's a rational person if you value your soul.

youtube.com/watch?v=BIENFWTAKnw

No yeah your iron age Palestinian myths are literally true. Those are the thoughts of a rational person.

>No yeah your iron age Palestinian myths are literally true.

Yes, every single human being on Earth used to believe the entity which causes the lightning is a sentient, superhuman being.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAC3buoKDvs

I'm not watching your videos, use your words. It's an PIE god that got passed down.

fpbp

>I'm not watching your videos, use your words. It's an PIE god that got passed down.

Then you're not worth talking to really but the long and short of it is: God exists, God is living, God is intergalactic, God has prophets, God is outside of 3-space, God hates monotheists, God feels no obligation to serve mankind any more than mortals feel an obligation to serve bacteria - if they choose to worship a false god like the Jewish one, then that cause God no harm - only mortals.

youtube.com/watch?v=-R5g05Sf5_o