Average level of education in America has dropped so much normies give you looks if you use French or Latin words in...

>average level of education in America has dropped so much normies give you looks if you use French or Latin words in everyday communication

Does anyone else experience this? I’m not a pseud but I can’t even say something like prima facie or Modus Vivendi without getting blank looks

>dropped
at what point in american history was it common for normies to use french or latin words

Nah m8 you're just autistic

>Sans
>Pre and post
>Ante
>Veni Vidi Vici
>Rendezvous

>normie detected
Since about 1300 at least.

In the 19th and earlies 20th, specially french. A quarter of the english language its latin or french derived anyway.

Yeah, I feel your pain. One time I used a word in my shift log and one of the admins complained that she didn't know what it meant. I just thought "bitch you're reading it on a computer, open a browser tab and Google that shit already."

It doesn't bother me that people don't know particular words or phrases or concepts. What bothers me is that these people would rather wallow in their ignorance than look something up, even when we live in a time when it has never been easier to do so.

the education system in america is unequivocally broken, maybe forever. if you give a shit at all about your kids and are not rich you NEED to home school. i can remeber when i was in school and there was always about five or ten kids in each class that couldn't read! imagine graduating high school and you cant fucking read! very common. SAD

Pretty much through the entirety of the Victorian Era, hell it used to be common for wealthy Southerners to be able to fully speak Latin and French. Use of French and Latin phrases in American English was still pretty damn common all the way up until very recently, and most people still know a handful even if they're not used in daily speech.

now that im older i know teachers personally and 90% party on a weekday and phone it in the next morning. why do you think we used to watch so much bill nye when we were kids? the teacher had a hangover!

>american history
>1300
wut

that was the first Burgundian colony in america

Spanish has replaced the secondary language of choice in most high schools because it's just more practical the farther south and west you go.

Education is definitely broken though. That's what happens when you bring standards down to the stupidest.

Latin was required from elementary school through Uni up until the 1960s

Blame the lack of reading.
You can learn to write well and expand your vocabulary simply by reading a lot. All these fucking SAT English guides and writing style books are a waste of time and money.

Since English people arrived here.
French has always influenced English. Latin has always been used in legal contexts (amicus curiae, prima facie, pro bono, etc) and in Catholic liturgy before the 1960s or so.

This. People just browse le epic dank Reddit memes on le Facebook, watch shitty TV, and play vidya rather than reading because they're told they can learn what they need from SAT manuals.

But user, we have to make all these shitskims feel good!
It's more important to make DeQuanz, Fernando and Muhammad feel good about themselves than actually educating people.

These two hot mormon teenagers were trying to do the whole "hey, blah jesus blah" and then they asked me for my perspective on God. I told them I was "ambivalent" on the subject. They asked me what "ambivalent" meant. And then they thought I was some smart guy or something and one of the chicks gave me her number...

So fucking tempting. But I won't go through mormon bullshit just for a piece of teen puss.

quality bait, my friend.

>tfw monolingual

So basically they’re appealing to average Americans?

I don't expect your average person on the street to pick up on any language you don't hear on reality television, but I work in a book store. I'm constantly surprised by how many common Latin and French terms -- or even less common English terms -- draw blank stares from my coworkers. I mean, if you're actually literate, you'd figure people would pick up most of this shit.

Meanwhile, one of my coworkers is constantly shouting "Cyкa" on the sales floor and I'm the only one who calls him out on it.

Americans are retarded animals who know so little of the world they elect gameshow hosts to represent them on the world stage and still have personal firearms not outlawed despite having a massacre every other day. They are a collapsing empire snd the only value they add anymore is the endless hilarious footage of more of their retarded populace getting gunnded down, ran over, killed in natural disasters, and other hilarious shit

>using pretentious French words when English ones are just as clear and far more widely understood

But it gives your words a certain... je ne sais quoi.

dumb woman didnt know what a double entendre or what an innuendo was, despite being like 25

this desu

You can redirect your hatred towards Jews who socially engineered the cattle to be that way.

The exact ideas or perapective of a phrase or word often change when translated despite having the same dictionary definition. Plus, many words and phrases are adopted into the english speaking lexicon because they better describe a specific or new concept.
Eg, umami is a better description than meat flavor

Sonny you better give that teenager a proper fucking! If you don't your going going to regret that when your older. Ask anyone that's old and they'll tell you their number one life regret is not fucking all that easy young pussy when they had the chance