Why are Australians addicted to sugar?

Why are Australians addicted to sugar?

Other urls found in this thread:

skynews.com.au/news/national/2016/04/27/australia-s-high-sugar-consumption-alarming.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cause Australians are gay.

FUCK ALL YOU ROO FUCKERS

Ausfag here, for the average joe on the street who has 0 idea about nutrition it's literally impossible to avoid ingesting high amounts of sugar

>"healthy" fruit drinks with 50g of sugar in a serving
>bread that's laced with high amounts of sugar
>eating anything that's not vegetables or meat is pretty much asking for diabetes and dental decay

People look at me like I'm crazy when I don't have sugar in my coffee

1)I don't need a teaspoon of sugar to make coffee drinkable, I actually like the bitterness
2)an extra teaspoon of sugar a day really adds up

because everything has sugar in it.

I keep track of the sugar I have during the day and try not to go over 6 teaspoons. 1 sugar in my coffee and a little bit on my weetbix.

why do australians shitpost so much?

It's in alot of food here :)

Fuck you you filthy convict. Your mum's an abbo.

skynews.com.au/news/national/2016/04/27/australia-s-high-sugar-consumption-alarming.html

this

pretty much all food in non perishable eisle at woolies/coles has sugar in it. Even baked beans has about 3 teaspoons a can which doesnt seem like much but over the day it ads up after eating other foods.

Only the ones with no discipline m8

Same reason Americans are addicted to HFCS, we grow a shitload of sugar cane so refined sugar is cheap as fuck.

> little bit of sugar on my weetbix.

Do you also worship Satan?

brown sugar as a treat on my weetbix only weekends. that was my absolute favourite thing! kinda fucks with my day if i do it now though

Good coffee doesn't even taste bitter.

Generally, you anglos have absolutely shit coffee.

yeah fuck ay i used to go hard on the weetbix n sugar, fuckin 8 weetbix how many do you do ya poof?

I know this too well, I used to have 2 teaspoons of sugar for every cup and I go through 4-6 cups a day on average.

No sperg, it all depends on the bean, the roast and the grind as well as a multitude of other factors, its not that basic.
Also, people have different tastes on what is bitter or enjoyable, don't be that twat.

You're retarded, aren't you? What did I just fucking say. Anglos have really shitty coffee.

Most aussies are pseudo-Veeky Forums.

That is, they do what they think is healthy without actually researching any of it. Lot's of juices, cleanses, subway etc.

When I first started out I thought I would get fit by eating more avocados and drinking juice instead of water, most Australians think pretty similar.

thats gay as fuck mate

Greeks and Italians bought their coffee culture over here when they mass immigrated. We drink what they drink except for that thick sludge some Greeks have

Aussie coffee culture isn't really anglo. Its courtesy of the massive post-war immigration of Greeks and Italians (on top of the ones already here).

Also have fucking top quality PNG stuff.

shut up matt.

Nigger what. I haven't checked the stats recently but Australia was ranked the second/first nation in the obesity race.

What about Chris Hemsworth?

blame our media

it's pants on head fucking retarded

It goes back to when the stupid "low fat!" fad of the 80s hit. They found that food tasted like shit when you took out all the delicious, healthy fat so they had to pump sugar into everything to make it taste good. Then we had a generation of 'dual income family' kids who grew up on shitty pre-packaged food filled with sugar, so now things need to be loaded with sugar in order to sell. I grew up in a house where we cooked everything from scratch, and things like pre-made pasta sauce, soup and frozen meals taste like sugary, salty shit to me.

>calling others retarded yet cant read
pray tell cocksmith, what illiterate nation do you hail from?

Yeah. They are all on bullshit diets and fads.

Lot's of fat girls in designer gym wear walking around with a boost juice in hand. Obese girl at work mixes protein powder with one of her meals to lose weight.

I heard a fat girl at a curry place last night talking about how she was vegan

>mfw

Yeah media has put a really bad spin on what is healthy in australia. It is a mess.

Walk into the supermarket and try shop healthy as a normie, you will make a million mistakes.

One of my favourite is "light" options for things like cheese, if you read the back of the packet, it's actually "light flavour".

ONLY 4 WEETBIX? GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG, 10 WEETBIX PER SCOOP C'MON

Pretty much this.

Additionally our food industry is poorly regulated and we have a lack of education around good health.

Also fat fucks are able to free ride on the public health system. Including gastric banding, why would they eat healthy if they can get it fixed for free.

I used to eat 12 weetbix every morning when I was 9

I wasn't even fat either I did like every sport and ran around all day

I haven't had them in fucking ages. I think the first thing I'm going to do after keto when I'm at 10% bf is have some celebratory weetbix

>aussie mum science
>it's okay to eat this user, it's got fruit on it!

My mum was the opposite. I didn't have my first lolly until I was 8. the only time I had anything sweet was my birthday cake

Same but because I was poor. Birthday cake was an "icecream cake", tub of icecream turned upside down and a smiley face drawn on in malteasers.

Thats rough bro

i usually get mine black aswell
just hate it when some shit cunt burns the shit out of it and it tastes sour

Lmao I thought I was the only one. And then for lunch at school mum would cut a week bit in half and smear some jam in it.

All the saliva in the world wouldn't help you get that nasty sand biscuit down.

>aussies

>malteasers

catch a load of this posh fuck

Lucky my Dad was a fisherman, so we had dat der snapper, prawn and scallop protein.

Funny enough, the land my parents brought for the family home 35 years ago exploded in value, so in the end they became millionaires lol.

>catch a load of this posh fuck
I'm actually posh wanker now lol. Only chocolate I'll really eat is haigh's from Adelaide.

That shit is so cash. But fucking expensive. Bought mum a box for a special occasion and she didn't realise they weren't roses or some shit, handed em out to the ladies at St vinnies.

Use a vanilla or chocolate protein shake as your milk when you have weetbix

1. Extra protons
2. No sugar
3. Fucking delicious

Im worse mate, I know the difference between good an shit food, yet lately I have eating shit tier peanut M&M's....

>Not using Up&go over weetbix
Fucking kiwi detected.

what a weak cunt. Personal best is 18.

My gf's Mum brought be a massive bag of it, like 2kg or so and I accidentally left them in a hotel fridge.

>vanilla or chocolate protein shake
>No sugar

not many people know anything about nutrition in Australia, it's hilarious the shit you come across
a friends "low carb" diet included a can of coke and donuts
it's gotten past the point of caring since they won't stick to the diets anyway

Pretty much this

If he's using a decent powder, the only significant amount of sugar is gonna be from the milk (maybe a gram or two if its WPC, less for WPI). And there ain't no sane man who eats his weetbix dry.

there'll be sugar, it'll be called something else though

Are Subway sandwiches healthy?

depending on the bread and what you put in it,

8 TEASPOONS CMON

Fuck yeah, as a South Aussie, its about the only thing we're actually proud of down here.

it's actually pretty baller how getting Veeky Forums here fucking jumps you up the social circles

there's hardly any competition and whenever there is one it's usually one of the pro-heavy lifters you see in supp stores anyway

>that feel when no longer feel intimidation from skeleton abbo's that roam the city

Being a big cunt has its drawbacks user, especially if you're into the nightlife.

>group of drunk cunts see you walking down the street
>try to start shit with you
>they have no issue with sucker punching or stabbing you

they're always manlets too

Yeah, it pisses me off that sewer rats walk around being shitters to the night goers

>first world "country"
>cunts still acting like it's the fucking wild and jumping the big guys in rape groups

should be gassed desu

> have a cup of coffee/tea without milk or sugar
> "wow user you're eating healthy today ;)"

>cleanses
>juices
You couldn't be more spot on. My sister amd her bf's friends are all about that gay shit. Then my dad get's on the boat because of my sis and goes on the juice train and soon gives it up.

>tfw you can see your dad getting fatter each year, but he won't listen to your advice because he lazy as fark (still not as lazy as an abo tho)