Does anyone else cringe at the majority of gym culture?

Does anyone else cringe at the majority of gym culture?

>beast mode
>stronger people are harder to kill
>dominate humbly
>pain is temporary
>#hashtagging motivational quotes
>swoldier

+ a myriad of other cringeworthy shit

Do people actually think they are hardcore because they have the luxury of being able to workout in a comfortable air conditioned gym?

Congratulations, you exercised for an hour

How is that "beast mode," how are can you compare yourself to a soldier going to battle in your middle class suburban gym?

So many faggots cringing on youtube and instagram

Why do people with like 10k instagram followers or 20k youtube subscribers think they're entitled to be some sort of life coach because they can curl three times a week?

I would agree with you for the most part.
I know this sounds fedora-tier but the will to improve yourself should come from within, not from sources of external validation.
Also, anyone who wears some kind of slogan shirt that effectively boils down to "yes I work out haha" is fucking cringe tier

It only bothers me when people take it too seriously. If you have no other interests/skills then of course you're gonna think that picking shit up is the pinnacle of human achievement.

i'm 90% sure the text was photoshopped onto that tanktop

You're right, the text doesn't follow the folds at all.

Yeah, I kind of grimace from a distance without getting myself involved and do my thing

well you just described most of dedicated gym goers

BUT BREH YOU GOTTA BECOME THE LION BECAUSE THE PAIN IS DIFFICULTY OF DEADLIFTS

THE IRON IS HEAVY, BUT YOU CAN'T LIFT IT WITHOUT THE WEIGHT

THE MIND CAN ALWAYS PUSH THE BODY HARDER THAN THE BODY THINKS IT CAN BECAUSE YOU HAVE ONLY ONE BRAIN AND THE MIND LIVES THERE

>those knuckle dragging mongs who think they're characters in DBZ and scream and pant like apes

pretty much. especially in regards to lifting which is fucking easy compared to real fitness (and i say this as someone who primarily lifts)

Super cringe. Lifting is like brushing your teeth. It's for looks and health.
I saw this Dana lin Bailey new years eve deadlift party on youtube and it made me consider suicide.

Gym "culture" is very cringey indeed. Working out is good and healthy for you, but some people just have to make a show out of it for whatever reasons.

>stronger people are harder to kill

This one is sort of right... I know that strength training wont give you great fighting skills, but just check any MMA or street fighting forum. People with actual experience know how many years of practice and experience it takes to take down someone bigger than you in a bar fight. It's a paradox, whenever we discuss it on Veeky Forums its always >muh skills, strength doesnt matter, while people who train fighting will always tell you to never mess with somebody bigger and stronger than you, because in most cases he will fuck you up.

precisely this
You need a lot of skill to compensate for lack of strength/size. So anytime you're about to fight someone bigger, you need a lot of skill just to beat them given they have no skill and even more so in case they also have some skill.
And the whole "harder to kill" doesn't only apply to intentional killing by another human, but also any sort of accident. Being bigger will always raise your chances of survival when being physically harmed.

Because it helps many people feel like they are fulfilling their lives/actually doing something with it. And don't tell me for a second that having your dear friends blow up or get shot in the head right next to you. Only a retard would do that.

>caring what others think about your narcissism
>not wanting to rub it in on others that you're objectively better for not being a weak fat undedicated fuck

Totally agree, it is laughable and pathetic.

OP may be onto something. There's a shitload of cringe worthy stuff on fitness "culture", maybe even more than there is on videogames and they have regular cringe threads on /v/.

So, cringe thread? Cringe thread!

>people that wear "bodybuilding.com" t shirts but look DYEL or worse
>people that wear Nike shirts that say something like "witness me" or "I run this"
>people that wear the type of tank tops huge body builders wear with the sleeves cut so thin it's basically a spaghetti strap at this point

Hate this

It is. It's probably from one of those 'design your own shirt' websites were you pick the image and shirt.

How is lifting not real fitness?

Agree with all this, but sometimes I like to lift in a tank to admire my own damn self.
Most the time my 24/7 gym is empty when I lift anyways.
Attention seekers in the gym or in the social 'fad' of fitness are fuckin cringe

I think he means those kind of thank tops that like expose your entire back and usually leave your nipples hanging out. Those are different than regular tanks and can pretty much only be pulled off by actual Big Guys ™

Oh, stringers?
Yeah, I am years and %s away from ever being able to look like anything but a retard in that.

Yeah stringers. I also probably need at least another year before I can wear one but yeah, I like lifting in a normal tank now. They've scored me a few compliments the last couple of weeks actually

>Being bigger will always raise your chances of survival when being physically harmed.
>survival talk
It's 2016 and you don't live in fucking Somalia for fuck's sake

lifting can be supplementary to fitness sure but 80% of the time its for aesthetics or purely to get better at lifting, and its easy compared to cardio/stamina training. neither bodybuilders or powerlifters or weightlifters are really very fit generally.

Gym culture is obviously stupid

honestly, if your focus isn't cardio, you probably aren't a worthwhile person to begin with

So? That isn't an argument and doesn't disprove size = better.

I'm more annoyed by the person who goes to the gym for the maximum a year, shows up with their under armour shirt, Nike shorts, brand new shoes, Fitbit does some bullshit exercise routine they found on Facebook with 4 different ab exercises then they post on social media like they are some fucking fitness guru sharing every motivational post they see and posting bullshit about how hard work pays off and how improved their life is and what an animal they are.

A year later they are back to their old life and all the expensive shit they bought is tossed in the closet, seems to be 75% of the people who start working out just drop it at some point but act just like OP is saying, I understand the people with big followings on steroids who are moving monstrous amounts of weight pushing the motivation and beast thing as it makes them money but I'm just confused besides that, are people that thirsty for validation ? Do other people think "oh wow look at billy he works out now look at all this stuff he's posting what an inspiration" why are you telling people about a hobby you've been doing for 2 months ?

How about this - being bigger means you waste tons of resources to stay big (money and time) that could be used in far more efficient way.

I just rip the sleeves off shirts that I get for free from work or boxes of beer and shit. I wear the same greasy shorts I've been wearing from high school. I'm not spending my hard earned shekels on Under armour spandex or name brand stringers just so I can appear like a trendy goy.

>happy merchant.jpg

Cardio is for women.

I wear stringers and I'm dyel. I'm also home gym master race. I just think they are comfortable. Plus I got a bunch of bodybuilding.com shirts for free.

Soldiers barely do anything anymore, If theres a problem they call in an airstrike. Except for islamists, they still run around with ak`s and get blown to bits for their troubles.

I agree to am extent. I was lifting for 3 years the first time I posted something fitness related on cuckbook and still got shit for it.

>"Lol don't need to tell everybody you work out user"
>"Lol dont need to take a picture of everything you eat fatty"
>user youre an asshole, wow

They ruined it for everyone else.

I have a theory that the more fitness gear and clothes a person buys the sooner they are going to quit going to the gym.

Sounds like they're all bitter and jealous. Congrats user I think you made it.

This is true.
Fitbit? Not gonna make it.
Weight belt? Good to go.

I have purchased belt, straps, and some adipowers. Aside from the obvious clothes which consists of a fitting tee and some shorts, there is nothing else needed

Yeah, you buy the necessary equipment as you become more experienced and actually need the stuff. The people that drop hundreds on cool looking watches and shoes and pants are doing it just for the look.

Housewives and middleaged people are the fucking worst.
Friends mother has purchased and lost 3 fitbits and thinks they need it to track water intake.

"Fitness culture" is just normalfaggotry to the extreme

I just don't see why gym rats and roid monkeys glorify it? There's literally no point unless you're a model, or some kind of fitness personality. I train to stay healthy and in fighting condition, but don't go and jerk off to it on jewbook. Their "beast mode" shit is hilarious considering you could throw them in the Cage with a DYEL who'd absolutely dismantle them.

>and in fighting condition

You might as well just have typed "I am in poverty" lmao

>and in fighting condition

You're doing the exact same thing as everybody else, humble bragging about being a fighter.

We're all wired to compete for other's attention, deal with it. I'm doing the same bullshit here by responding with an idiotic "taking the high road" attitude.

Try living in Australia that fucking zyzz cunt lifestyle will never finish

In poverty because I don't want my shit rekt?

i guess you're right m8, I suppose I'm not anyone to decide what's deemed worthy when it comes to how you utilize your body.

>bodybuilders and powerlifters can't beat up a trained fighter

No fucking shit.

>hey guys I'm really good at tennis!!
>oh yeah faggot, well I do MMA and I could KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!

Why are you all like this?

In poverty because you have to worry about getting your "shit rekt", yes, either that or you're an Ameriburger

In the context of "beast mode" it's hilarious because A LOT of guys like that are uppity shit-stirring cunts who think they're hot shit because of "muh aesthetics". Did I strike a nerve? Not trying to de-rail into a typical MMA vs Veeky Forums shit-post off.
>why are you all like this
There's a mentality you have when you train martial arts, but most serious fighters aren't complete cunts IRL

Working out and becoming more fit/confident is fine, but making it "the thing you're best at" is fucking sad. Go find a hobby that you're passionate about and get good at that. Working out shouldn't take over your life

>"LOL poverty because you stay in shape for the sport you compete it"
>"look mom I'm trolling on 4chins again"
Yes I have to worry about getting my shit rekt if I'm not in shape...just like EVERY other athlete who competes competitively. Fuckin wew lads, done here.

>did I strike a nerve?

Not at all, just seemed like a really strong attempt at a derail. I'm glad to know that not all of you are cunts, because it sure seems like most of the ones I met are.

All of my hobbies are something I strive to be the best at. Why is that a bad thing?

>tfw just work out to feel better about myself and because eating well makes me feel good
>it's all about comfort and aesthetics
>one of my best childhood friends makes it his entire life
>he's one of those Instagram/Facebook manwhores
>is 5' something and weighs 90kg
>looks like a blocky midget, his face seems deformed
>has a tiny patch of hair on his head and a patchy muslim beard (he's white)
>walks around in cut off tanktops, baggy shorts and combat boots
>looks fucking ridiculous
>tries to act super macho and tough but is extremely insecure when anyone hits on his 6/10 gf

Don't fucking be like this, guys.

"Work hard in silence

Let hard work make all the noise"

- retards on fb who don't squat

Totally agree. And I think that attitude is turning people away from fitness.

I wish people knew that staying in shape and building some muscle isn't some all or nothing extremely hard to achieve thing. You can make great progress putting in a small amount of time . You don't have go hard to the max all the time

> You shouldn't try hard
That's not what these cringers are saying. Instead, they're saying trying hard and being motivated is something deeply internal and a part of your character. Having to loudly scream at others about what you're doing and they should do it too is proof you don't believe in your own character and require social support to get what you want even from yourself.

>THE MIND CAN ALWAYS PUSH THE BODY HARDER THAN THE BODY THINKS IT CAN
what? the mind is the one that thinks, not the body

Home run m8.

This is exactly the reason why fitness is so looked down upon as a whole.

Crossfit, Curlbros, Memeshirts, Instagram faggotry, attention whores, DYELs with protein shakes...it's all downhill from here, fitness culture is the most cringeworthy thing.
Break necks kill egos
Getting swole
If I see people with that shit on I just smile and laugh to myself, I once saw a cardio manlet with a t shirt that said: Spartans either return with or on their shields. As if to say that he is in any way or shape a modern successor to the ancient apartheid regime.

I also never understood where this "No pain no gain" shit came from, if you lift an it hurts you're either a complete DYEL and have DOMS or you're a fucking retard killing your joints and tendons, lifting should be taxing not painful

gym culture is objectively for stupid people

Found the low-test DYEL.

THE DESCENT INTO PAIN IS ACTUALLY THE CLIMB TO THE TOP OF THE START OF THE LONG ROAD OF FORGING YOUR OWN BEATEN PATH BECAUSE THE ENDLESS JOURNEY IS THE END OF YOUR OLD WAYS AND THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW YOU

I actually kind of like it. Not because I participate in it, no, but because it gets the genral masses into the mindset that being healthy and strong is what popular and beautiful people do. If they believe that, then they too will strive to be healthy and strong. The mindset and putrid culture actually creates more beautiful, hardworking people in the long run and drives down costs of healthcare across the board.

If one, insignificant evil creates a net positive for the whole of society, so be it.

gym owner is old nig, walk in, whole gym blasts motivational preacher type of speech, mind boggling

sounds like you're the retard here man, it doesn't always have to be taken literally

I lift to pull better cosplay. Suck it normies

Yes. I see a dude walking around in my gym with a shirt that reads "Alpha as Fuck" and then he's bouncer at night. Super alpha checking IDs, dude. I also think Broscience contributes to this. Dom is using satire, yet people genuinely say the shit he says and buy his shirts.
>harder to kill
You're talking about a bar fight between drunk dickheads. If size = survival, the Romans would've never conquered the Gauls or Germans and Navy SEALs would all be hulking mammoths instead of manlets.
When was the last time you were in a firefight?

the iron addict shit is cringe

i wish i couldve started a fitness meme and be making hella money off it right now :(

>I just rip the sleeves off shirts that I get for free from work or boxes of beer
>boxes of beer

okay fatass

>I also never understood where this "No pain no gain" shit came from

it came from this faggot, the original gym culture meme-r

I think it doesn't mean actually being in pain but more of a less literal way. Like you need to sacrifice things to make it. Like when you're out there partying and horsing around some one is working hard, someone out there is winning. Just remember that

this

Fucking hell this.

One case in point, Bradley Martyn.

I used to really enjoy watching his videos, all he posted were workout routines, powerlifting stuff and just general fuck around fun shit like squatting with a girl on either side of the barbell. Plus he had a funny personality so it made it more entertaining.

Now since he's becoming very popular he's made like 5 videos of this motivational talk bullshit.

Dude, you lift weights. That is a privilege. Just calm the fuck down and talk about weightlifting, not about "life"

brad is getting elliot hulse syndrome

and being friends with that broscience dom mazzetti character faggot only loses him points

The discipline and confidence he gets to make videos like that and his general success is from lifting weights

>implying youre actually rubbing it in their faces
>implying they give a shit that some spookster is wearing a tank top with a meme quote on it

>100 likes

Like you said, it's 2016. We have resources to spare on hobbies. If that hobby makes us harder to kill that's not a downside.

>current year
Jesus, it feels like /pol/ in here.

>Being bigger will always raise your chances of survival when being physically harmed.
being bigger will make you a bigger target for knives/bullets/whatever is thrown at you.so you're wrong.

>I started lifting to pull off a pyrimid head costume

>gym muscles help in a fight
Trust me you're must better doing bodyweight and cardio if that's your concern.

>swoldier
holy fuck are you serious

is it harder to penetrate 1 inch of muscle or 3 inch of muscle

>bro science Dom mazzetti character faggot
What's wrong with Mike? He always seems pretty humble and down to earth when he's out of character.

Not friends with that guy, but I like Dom. What I don't like is the culture people take where they say what he says seriously. They buy the shirts and try to be like his character, not understanding what satire is.

*not that guy

i have his reps for jesus tank. i just think its funny

So is my dick, and increased cardiovascular endurance makes my dick work better.

Fuck

dom is funny as fuck brahs

>It's 2016 and you don't live in fucking Somalia for fuck's sake
I live in Sweden, so same-same.

All these faggots and this new wave of instagram fags polluting the gym really make me embarrassed to even admit i lift

youve got stupid sluts who dont do shit but wear yoga pants, prance around the gym after doing 95lb squats talking about never skip leg day, youve got little faggots who dont even have a 2/3/4 b/s/d posting stupid lifting memes up on instagram REEEEEEE i fucking hate it all

i wish i just had my own basement gym so i wouldnt ever have to see these fucking people again, fucked up thing is 3-4 years ago these fags werent in the gym but now it seems like theyve flooded every fucking gym in america

If you look like you lift in your street clothes you don't need to advertise it.

The whole fitness industry is a meme

It's so cringy hearing people talk about gym stuff outside the gym, especially dyel or fat land whales, I swear It annoys me so much.

The whole fitness industry is a meme

It's so cringy hearing people talk about gym stuff outside the gym, especially dyel or fat land whales, I swear It annoys me so much.

Which is why i try to keep my fit life to myself, i hate giving advice and all that, so annoying, like there is nothing special in being fit, it's like having a job or going to school, fitness should just be a part of every ones everyday life's not some hobby

it would be if people werent so willing to throw money at it

im wondering how i can exlpoit it for money myself right now. im thinking of competing in amateur bbing to get myself known. the standard where i am (asia) is pretty low.

>think big get big
No

You EAT BIG GET BIG C'MON