I'd like it if every restaurant were required by law to make their food's nutritional information available...

I'd like it if every restaurant were required by law to make their food's nutritional information available, instead of just the big chains. Would such a thing be feasible, though? Could it happen in my lifetime?

How rich and/or poor are you that you don't prepare your own food for all but special occasions?

>chefs weighing out every fucking ingredient every fucking time
>calculating shit no one but 5% of customers are even fucking interested in

Turbo-autism at its finest. There is a reason only fast food chains that virtually sell the same fucking item every time write that shit on a list. Just eat out on special occasions or get a personal cook you lazy piece of shit. Did I mention your autism?

>personal cook
lol

fuck the haters i know this feel. Special occasions don't exist if you're fighting to achieve your goals 24/7 and it would help to have some leeway to at least eat out and achieve your goals at the same time. I went to denny's after looking up the calories online and when i got there my heart fucking sank when i saw the calories of certain items on the menu go from 450-1070 or some shit. Yeah autism this, fedora that. I don't give a fuck nigga.

>personal cook

>call someone out on their autism for something that only 5% of customers are intereted in
>give a response that less than 1% of humans can afford
We are reaching autism levels never thought of before Veeky Forums.

It's about situations when you eat out with your friends or colleagues and don't wan't to be that autist who don't eat because he's counting his calories

Chefs don't carefully weigh and measure ingredients to help weirdoes like us, they do it because that's the best way to make consistently good food.*

*Especially applies to baking, but also applicable to cooking.

>*Especially applies to baking, but also applicable to cooking.
There's a difference?

kek

>Special occasions don't exist if you're fighting to achieve your goals 24/7

>restsurants dont make standardised consistent portions
That is how they literally count food costs you idiot.
Every single dish of one type should be exactly the same

are you too autistic to ask?

>hard working guy saves up money for 10 years in hopes he can one day open a business
>finally achieves his goal; opens a small sandwich shop
>sells sandwiches for $7 each, barely clearing $500/day
>after paying his store rent, employee salaries, food costs, and general upkeep, he barely turns a profit, but it's worth it to be his own boss
>ridiculous law is passed requiring posted nutrition facts for all food items sold
>owner needs to pay $20,000 to a food lab for testing, or risk being fined

Great idea, OP. Retards like you are ruining America.

Roughly the same, I mean a 24 Oz steak will be anywhere from 23-25 oz. Then let's say they put on sauce the amount is gonna truly vary as they aren't gonna the exact same amount in the spoon everytime. Or let's say they put butter on it, the pat isn't going to be exactly cut the same. Sure you glean get some things down but it'd be a pain I the assignment for a restaurant to do everything.

Source i've worked in kitchens for 3 years during college. Some are better adapted to it like a sushi place but the more diner types would be a bitch

I still wonder why there is no fastfood place that serves "bodybuilding food". Would be pretty nice to just go there once in a while and be able to get something with really good macros.

Are you kidding me? I ask every time I go out to eat.

>owner needs to pay $20,000 to a food lab for testing, or risk being fined
Or he could just measure it himself. It's not that difficult.

>Or he could just measure it himself

Ah, the foundation of every good law, letting the potential culprit decide whether he's guilty.

Bars monitor themselves for underage drinkers, and occasionally get screened by officials. They could do the same with restaurants in relation to nutritional information. It doesn't require insane amounts of regulations and money.

You need to be 18 or older to post here

Also, there's no need for lab testing when you know what you're putting into the food. Just add it up. How fucking hard could it be

>Bars monitor themselves for underage drinkers, and occasionally get screened by officials

Yes, because in this case, "getting screened by officials" means a cop walking in and asking people to see their ID.

In the restaurant example above, screening would involve confiscating food and taking it to a laboratory to be analyzed, normally within days as most restaurant meals will have something in them that spoils quickly.

>In the restaurant example above, screening would involve confiscating food and taking it to a laboratory to be analyzed, normally within days as most restaurant meals will have something in them that spoils quickly.
Actually the food safety department check for hygiene routines regularly and measuring nutritional content of the different dishes could easily be included in their check ups.