Why do macros matter while cutting...

Why do macros matter while cutting? I understand if you want to maintain muscle your protein should be properly accounted for. but for the average person that wants to be Veeky Forums, not a gainer/bodybuilder, does it matter?

cals are cals m8 :v

This post makes me want to quit life holy shit.

Yes, the average person who wants to remain and stay as average, should not to care what they're shoving into their mouth.

If you want to even get "fit" as you stated someone like that would want to, they would take some initiative towards shaping their diet to meet their goals.

Simply eating random shit, stuffing your face, etc. With no care in the world what your ingesting, is simply wasted time and effort to get to that goal.

That's why macros and micros are important to the people here. The most cost effective way to get your goal as fast and efficiently as possible.

How does it feel that you have to autistically count 'macros and micros' while I eat pizza and still pull more girls than you

2000kcal of cheesecake isn't the same as 2000kcal a 40/40/20 macro split as far as getting in shape goes. Like...are you retarded?

See here's the thing, that's complete bullshit. A calorie is a calorie. Macro and micronutrients are what really matters. You can develop a totally shredded body by living off junk food.

>implying I want girls

No, I like men. Enjoy your mood swings and alimony.

Then that guy gets diabetes 5 years later

>calorie is a calorie
>macros and micros are what matter
oh ok

>Enjoy your mood swings and alimony.
Ayyyyyyy you got me there.

Nah you're retarded. In the example given the cake would be 2k of primarily carbs and fat while the other example would be like 200/200/44 roughly, dipshit.

stupid noob question

x/x/x is... fat/carb/protein, or what?

X/X/X is usually to be read as Protein/Carbs/Fats

what are you a faggot?

Don't listen to them OP, your body can convert protons --> carbs and carbs --> protein when in a caloric deficit. I would honestly just limit fats to as low as possible and make sure you count cals right and you can make it brah

>2020-4
>not activating your preoteins

not gonna make it

>he's gay

so, no. got it.

They matter because a diet rich in protein and with moderate fat will help you stay satiated much easier than a high carb high fat diet. Protein is the most filling macronutrient there is, and so you will have a much easier time keeping to your diet and preventing cravings than somebody who tries to remain in a calorie deficite while eating junk food.

That's the reason. Nothing more and nothing less. All that talk about "clean foods" and "dirty foods" is just bro science bullshit. You could indeed get jacked only eating cheese cake, but it's not a very advisable or practical way in reality.

Hmm
I had 1500 Calories today
and 100000g of sodium
This seems alright to me.

Genetically healty people dont have to worry abour diabetes before they are 40/50 years old

Thats a lot of sodium

This guy gets it. Also a calorie of protein doesn't equal a calorie of fat when digested per se. Since fats can be oxidized and stored easily, you're getting almost all of that 9 kcal per gram. Protein on the other hand is harder to digest so you are really getting 3 calories per that gram

>Source: Thermic effect of food. Yes it's a wiki article.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_dynamic_action

Macros don't matter on a cut bro.

>sodium
>a macro

>Since fats can be oxidized and stored easily, you're getting almost all of that 9 kcal per gram. Protein on the other hand is harder to digest

Although this is true, should it matter? ultimately you wont be storing the fat if you're at a deficit correct? Or is this more, due to a presence of insulin- being a fat storing hormone?

Counting macros is a retarded meme because not everyone has the same maintenance since God created some of us to be superior to the rest. I'm willing to bet you that two twins doing the exact same workout with one eating at 1500 and the there at 1501 will both turn out the same

I guess if you look at calories in, calories out but my point is you'll burn more cals eating 2k of steak than 2k calories of cheesecake because the protein will burn more calories strictly speaking without hormonal Balance being factored in.

Tl;dr: you can eat more steak

HOOO OHHH NOW YOUVE DONE IT
COME AT ME BRO FIGHT ME NOW FAGGOT