Childhood is idealising life. Adulthood is realising inanimate matter is better

Childhood is idealising life. Adulthood is realising inanimate matter is better

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panpsychism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

history?

humanities?

A contrast between vitalism and materialism?

i literally cannot argue with this

I already wished to be inanimate as a child.

Well it was either here or Veeky Forums but since I was talking philosophically this seemed better

Let’s face it, this board was doomed from the start

Comfy holiday image here.

oh look, more millennials brooding about their fall from the Eden of childhood.

Has there ever been a generation that so celebrated ignorance, impotence and irresponsibility so long as they gave rise to numbness?

baby boomers, early Christians,

>not creating life from inanimate matter

>realizing inanimate matter is better

Says you. A rock told me it wanted to change and be happy, but it was powerless to the material forces that act upon it. Pic related. It wished for the ability to decide that rock life was better, but it never could.

And you're telling me, implying that you are animate matter, that you have chosen for your own existence to be worse than a rock? What a neat world you have animated for yourself.

And when you realize you are just an organism reacting to the same physical forces that act upon rocks, you are...? Animate, or inanimate?

No I didn't like childhood either it's just a meme

Um rocks don't suffer or have needs or wants...

you obviously didn't read his BDSM short-story that poses as as science fiction then

And some anons don't have the capacity for symbolism. Life is a strange beast.

Why compare yourself to something you are not, and then decide this as the basis for if your life is 'better' or 'worse'. It's as fucking insane as thinking rocks suffer or have wants. No shit.

Do the Epistles tell us that the early Christians were irresponsible? Does the adoption of Greek philosophical ideas and the heavily intellectual disagreements of early Christology and Canon tell us that the early Christians were ignorant? Does the spread of Christianity across the Mediterranean in the first four centuries culminating in the conversion of Constantine suggest the early Christians were impotent?

I know there's a big difference between pre-Paul and post-Paul, between pre-Nicaea and post-Nicaea, but I don't think those three i-words ever described Christianity in its earliest centuries simultaneously.

Do Baby Boomers celebrate irresponsibility?

Everything has needs and wants, and everything's will can be shaped with the right tools

whyboner

Or a chair, a tshirt, some Velcro ties, a tap and a watering can.

>Childhood is idealising life.
>Adolescence is realising inanimate matter is better.
>Adulthood is admitting faith in God is the best path

Pick the wrong thing to waterboard and it'll be bending your will into watering it for the rest of your life.

I bet you spend your free time chiseling out your perfect waifu.

Yeah but he got his happy ending.

Don't be so sure.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panpsychism

>Do baby boomers celebrate irresponsibility
Some do, the "haha we changed the world with rock n roll :D" portion does.
The other portion celebrates willful ignorance.