Daily reminder that if you can hit 1/2/3/4, you are stronger than like 95% of all humans who have ever lived

Daily reminder that if you can hit 1/2/3/4, you are stronger than like 95% of all humans who have ever lived

Not telling you to rest on your laurels or stop improving; just don't be so hard on yourselves famalam

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0v6dvhqGVcI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is 1234

more than u can lift

lmao

I've done 2/3/4/5 at 200 and I'm not even strong senpai.

yeah, nah

cool

Seriously wtf is 1/2/3/4?

I'm gonna spoonfeed the scrubs just because I feel like it.

It refers to the number of plates (on each side of the bar) you lift on the big 4: OHP/bench/squats/deadlifts respectively.

I belive it to be 1pl8 ohp, 2pl8 bench, 3pl8 sqwat, 4pl8 diddlylift

be mad

youtube.com/watch?v=0v6dvhqGVcI

Thanks for helping a noob

I hit 1 plate ohp earlier this week and I'm 20 pounds from 2 pl8 bench. Squat is 275 and deadlift is 345:/ I'm 150 lbs on a heavy day though so I'm not too worried about it.

Sure thing bruv, u finna make it...

>Dem moobs
>dat hair
>dem straps
Didnt know this was a "roast me" thread...

Good lift not contesting that but you're heavier than 200, dunno why you would lie online.

why only one plate on the OHP? that's dyel tier, anyone can do that

IIRC, I was 215 when I hit that and a bit lighter when I did 225 for 1 finally.

Strict OHP 1pl8 i.e 60 kg is not some superhuman feat but it's not dyel mode either.

this is proof as to why 1/2/3/4 doesn't matter for shit if you don't look decent

it's not about the autistic measurements of the weight you move around, it's the stats on how far lifting has gotten you outside of the gym, be it easy pussy, more respect, or generally any avenue that you feel you need lifting for

lift whatever the fuck you want to lift as long as you look good, just don't feel bad if some literal who on a persian carpet inspection forum says otherwise because chances are they're fat or DYEL or a shitposter or all three

Pretty good man jelly of that OHP you made seem easy. When are you gonna stop your cut if you haven't already?

ATTENTION:::::

So, is 1/2/3/4 a one rep max or what?

Yeah I'm at 1/2/3/4 and I'd much rather look like me than him.

Are these for one rep?
I can do 1pl8 ohp x 1 but nowhere near 2/3/4 on the others

Not the 2pl8 ohp guy but it's good to push people harder.
You get a lot of skinny guys on fit that think just because they have abs they should settle for 1/2/3/4 in 2 years or more goals.
Also the guy just needs to cut and control diet to improve his looks which is way easier than lifting heavy ass weights meanwhile you sound bit salty.

one rep max if you're a bitch, i think it should be x5

Technically it's for 1RM however it's honestly not that hard to achieve for 1RM (You might be lagging in 1 lift perhaps but usually 3 out of 4 can be reached in 6 months).
It's only at 1/2/3/4 for reps that your body starts to actually look like you lift a bit.

does it count if you're only at 1/2/3/4 with a belt?

t. 1.2pl8* guy

A belt only helps you use your abs more it's not the same as a bench shirt or tight knee wraps where they actually store force to help you lift bigger.
So yes it counts.

1 pl8 ohp
2 pl8 bench
3 pl8 squat
4 pl8 dead

t. salty

While it's not a really noteworthy at all OHP, it's definitely not DYEL tier. Doing a single proper clean one is pretty decent, it's a lift a lot of people struggle with too. I've been training for years and I can only do 1pl8 ohp for 3 on a good day.

>tfw rarely train OHP
>tfw 1/1.75/3/4

I don't think the vast majority of people can do a 4 plate deadlift in under a year of training at least.

>I've been training for years and I can only do 1pl8 ohp for 3 on a good day.
You must have bad shoulders (Injury) or something 1pl8 ohp for 3 in 1 year is decent but for years you should have at least reached 80 kg for 3 or even 1 if not more.
Obviously depends on if you are a twink less than 180 lbs, or permacutting fatty.

t. twitch streamer

I hit 1 plate OHP but not a single one of the other requirements.

I second that, it took me about 6 months for 1rm to go there.

Shoo shoo weakling.

Depends on the person honestly have a lanklet guy in my gym been lifting for a year and a bit and he just hit 195 kg for triple the other day with decent form (very slight rounding)
Meanwhile his bench is in the 85kg-90 range and squat is only 100-110 kg range. Never seen him do OHP.

Im about 6'0 181 or so atm, my heaviest being 195. I think it's shoulder injury though desu. My rotator cuff in my right shoulder has been pretty shitty for quite some time. When I was training for a 1 arm chinup years ago I messed my rotator cuff pretty bad with all the constant stress from 1 arm negatives, muscle ups and wide grip pullups. So it's likely that. I remember bringing a bud to the gym and while he had shorter arms he had a easy time with OHP whereas I didn't.

I use a lacross ball in my inner shoulder, but I dont know what else I can do to correct the pain and clicking I get. It's annoying because my back is still pretty strong. I was able to do a 115lb weighted chinup for 2 having not done them heavy in nearly 2 years and still pendlay row like 205 comfortably for 6 reps. But my pushing lifts are really help back by my shoulders.

I'm already at 285 after 2.5 months. Just hit 1pl8 bench, OHP stuck at 95lbs, squat is 2.5 pl8 but my form is bad so I think I'm going to drop down so I can get lower.

Yea, I never focused on deadlift for a long time of my lifting, I started out really just doing the bro shit and never pushed my squat or dead or ate properly. Doing deadlift since last summer, i've gotten up to 365x5 whereas I struggled with 315 for 5 less than a year ago. But my squat is still stuck at less than 2 plate. I think I have a hip imbalance. Might start incorporating hip thrusts and take some time off deadlifting and see what happens. Havent decided yet.

I think some people are just build for some lifts differently. As I said here, 2 plate squat is really hard for me. But my deadlift form and lift is...decent enough for my weight and my upper back has always been really strong. But I despise squatting and am just bad at it.

Head through the window not even once.

Might as well be a chest press, I bet your neck hurts and you wonder why faggot. Maybe for gazing up at the sun? How autistic can one person be to post this video online and be proud of it.

Near 2, near 3, 5.4, 6.15

Was gonna say this as well, if the bar doesn't hit parallel with your ears it's not a proper OHP. The video was essentially an incline chest press with a focus on delts.

Wow thats it that is actual bitch weight.

can we get a glossary for all these terms?

Ever since I've started browsing Veeky Forums all I see is gibberish.

>Wow thats it that is actual bitch weight.
says the guy who cant do any of the 4 just a memer

this isnt true he neglected eating and cutting properly when it mattered and now all he has is strength and no muscular size gains to show for his work, you can get stronger without getting bigger.