Does getting fit really help with depression or is it just some stupid meme made up by normalfaggots?

Does getting fit really help with depression or is it just some stupid meme made up by normalfaggots?

Other urls found in this thread:

ergo-log.com/intensive-weight-training-helps-fight-depression.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think seperating yourself from the "normalfaggots" is one of the things causing your depression ya dingus

getting fit is dumb

look at arnold

you think he's smart?

hes dumb and autistic ;)

Mileage varies. It certainly didn't make me feel better despite measurable and visual progress.

Truly accepting myself while still seeking the kind of improvement I really desired helped with my depression. Still not totally over it but I feel alright

I've only been lifting for a month, trying to cut 20 lbs. It's put me in a strange mental state. I feel much less depressed, but now I really really hate my body a lot more.

running/ cardio releases serotonin and dopamine

After a nice long run I feel fucking amazing. Like being drunk and high

it fades after a little while, but runners high is definitely a thing

Yes, depression is an addictive cycle of self pity and self hatred. Regular exercise releases happy hormones, which can break that cycle or at least give you a healthier addiction.

A good diet will also promote brain function and reduce mood swings

I was diagnosed Bipolar II about two years ago. Fitness is an essential part of my mood stabilization. YMMV, but I honestly don't think I could deal half as well if I didn't gym regularly. Part of it is the routine but part of it is the work.

'Happy hormones' is a meme and you should stop spreading it around retard.

Exercise is just good for the body. It doesn't fix anything mentally, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

>dopamine is just a meme
I fucking hate this place

Dunno about depression, but it doesn't help my anxiety much - it's good as an escape though.

>What is brain chemistry

Dopamine is a "happy hormone".
It's a neurotransmitter, don't chat shit mate.

ergo-log.com/intensive-weight-training-helps-fight-depression.html

yeah not just a meme

I've never ever read "happy hormones" anywhere. How is it a meme?

The dude you replied to obviously meant neurotransmitters, you fucking mongoloid.

>you don't need no damn big pharma poison scams dude! all you need is to go out running a few times a week, it's naturally anti-depressing, you will feel so good!

It works differently on everybody. Stop browsing /r9k/ is a good start as well, so you don't look down on anyone that is contempt with life as a normalfag. When I was depressed I barely had any energy to do anything. I just laid in my bed entire days doing nothing, feeling like nothing. Lifting helped me feel more awake and energetic to do shit. Having that energy made it possible for me to be happy through other means.

>drive home from lifting
>feel feels on the way home
its a meme, it might even make it worse

You won't feel the same. If you stick with it and have the proper diet you'll feel alright, moreso once you begin to see progress. You may even notice a bit of confidence here and there. Don't think that it'll cure your autism though because it won't..and sooner or later you'll be dealing with an even bigger enemy: Body dysmorphia.

Fuck off weeb

well exercise releases endorphins so yea of course it would help

It may help you at the start, but your depression will soon be back.

It hasn't helped me at least, "muh social anxiety" is just as bad, if not worse.

>and sooner or later you'll be dealing with an even bigger enemy: Body dysmorphia.

Plus hanging out at Veeky Forums makes that even worse, especially if you're not socializing properly with normal people, considering how harsh everyone is on here. You'll end up feeling even more shit about your physique than when you started, even though in reality you look a million times better.