Any ex fatties here? did you have leftover skin after losing weight...

any ex fatties here? did you have leftover skin after losing weight? i dropped from 225 lbs to 175 and so far don't have any, but i'm looking to shed another 25. i haven't been weight lifting yet, i was told i should start by getting weight down first. my biggest fear would be having horrible leftover skin because everything that i worked for would all be for nothing unless i pay thousands of dollars for surgery. if i do end up getting leftover skin, will weight lifting hide it due to increased muscles?

It should be free for ex fatties to donate skin to burn victims.

Young skin is naturally more elastic and good at adapting. If you're young (like mid-twenties), it's much harder to become a skin parachute.
If you have flabby arms you can lift to hide it, but stomach skin is harder and slower to fill out, and probably won't look normal ever again anyway. Just find a nice tempo so you don't lose too fast and work out. You'll make it.

i'm 19 so hopefully that's the case

If you drop the weight you won't look fat or like you have leftover skin in clothes.

You should be good. I'm 25 and have had to do this twice, and my skin is recouping pretty well the lower my fat % goes.

you should do lifting, it does help with weight loss, and may help with skin elasticity. Larger muscles will help fill out loose skin, yes; at a high of 225 and being in your mid20s, you shouldn't have much issue at all, even without taking extra care to get big muscles. Muscles can't fill up all the skin for fatties large/old enough to have loose skin without roiding though, generally.

Also, I guarantee you you'll get more social gains being skinny with loose skin than fat. Loose skin isn't something people even need to know about before your clothes come off, so unless you're looking to pick up random club sluts, it's not really going to change anything very much at all.

Went from 115kg to 69kg in 8 months, not really any loose skin outside of a tiny bit at the armpit area that has stretched out completely after 1 month at the gym. I guess the whole loose skin issue is fairly genetic (unless you're extremely obese, in which case it's unavoidable).

This is my fear and my punishment for ever being a fatass. I've dropped 61 pounds in five months and have 40 more to go. Loose skin feels inevitable. I'm 6'1" though. Is that an advantage?

Maybe losing 100 pounds wouldn't produce a skin suit on my gut but it might. Is plastic surgery an option?

5'2, 152lbs girl at my heaviest
I lost 26lbs and still wanted to lose more
Any possibles of me getting that?

I was 5'7 280 and went down to 150 and bulked back up to 180. I have almost none except for a tiny little flap under my abs.

But yeah fully body plastic surgery is an option. It's prolly gonna run you like 10-15grand though

no, this happens when you're dropping like 90+

Just based on your stats alone, you probably won't have any issues with loose skin. If there is any, it will be a very tiny amount that will easily stretch out over time if you lift weights.

Its all genetics. I went from 245 to 185 and I am looking to drop 10-15 more. I have a little bit around my stomach but I don't think it will be critical levels.

I've got that shit from dieting down to 215lbs from 320ish (pic is from 220 a few weeks ago). I'm crossing my fingers mightily that getting to a low enough bodyfat % will empty out that pouch and let the skin regain some tautness, but I'll almost certainly have some loose skin by the end of this. I've been morbidly obese since 6th grade though (26 now), so it could've been worse.

Yeah, a decent amount from going 325lb->175lb. Even after a decade, it's still there. Mostly in the lower tummy, so I can cover it with a bathing suit for beach season.

Whatever, battle scars of my victory over obesity. Excess skin is 10x better than being a fatass.

>Excess skin is 10x better than being a fatass.

I actually did not even know that loose skin was a Thing before I started losing weight; now that I'm starting to get it, I'm hyper-aware of it on other people. I don't think normal people notice it much unless you look like the flying squirrel guy who does youtube vids.

I'm not trying to put you down, or anything, man, but don't bet on that. Start putting money in a piggy bank for some cosmetic surgery.

I didn't but I wasn't extremely obese to begin with.

went from 5'3, 165 to 115 lbs

I also lost the weight at a decent pace, not too fast

No one asked that.

You're not "getting it". You still have plenty of fat in that skin, so of course it's not going to go away, just become floppier.

You don't really know if you have loose skin or not until you're under %10~%12bf as a male or %20~ as a female; anything more than that and you should focus on losing the last of your fat, not worrying about your skin.

Pinch the skin on the back of your hand. If you actually have loose skin, it will be at least that thin; more like you're pinching sheets of paper than cookie dough. Anything thicker is fat, not just skin

No thats not what you get for being a fatass, thats what you get for being an impatient fatass. More then a pound a week is unhealthy, kills gains and leaves loose skin.

>leaves loose skin

That's rubbish, brah. Loose skin is dependent upon skin elasticity and how damaged your skin is. The former is mostly bounded by your age and your genetics, while the latter is dependent on how well you took care of your skin, just how obese you were, and how long you've been obese.

I lost 200lbs and the skin thing is pretty bad in certain situations. But that's after coming down from 389lbs.

Many factors contribute to the skin thing.

>Genetics
>Age
>How big you got
>How long you were that big
>How old you were when you started to cut down
>Lifting?
>How fast you lost it
>Moisturizing?
>Nutrition - vitamins, minerals, etc

Going from 225 to 150 isn't that big a deal unless you're short enough to where 225 is morbidly obese. Most likely won't be an issue unless you dropped weight very fast, and then even that will be temporary.

Still fat/ex planet here. I'd be willing to bet money I'll have lose skin when I'm done. I was 450lbs to start at 6'4", 19 years old. I'm 24 now, 290s. No loose skin to speak of really right now, but it also helps I carry 99% of my weight in my gut.

I've already swallowed the bullet that I'll be shelling out thousands for surgery. Price to pay for my past mistakes.

I'm not going to say "hurr muh battlescars, so brave" about my stretch marks or skin either. They're constant reminders of a life I never want to go back to and I'm looking to bury my teen years/early 20s as deep down as possible so maybe when I'm 26+ years old, it'll all seem like a bad dream.

You'll forget it eventually once people start mirin user. You'll probably always have body dysmorphia, but if you can turn that into your favor and use it to never stop lifting it's not that bad.