>cook it up and put in a container
>store in freezer
>heat up and eat

Will i get sick from this?

those dates are for sale/freeze by

what do you mean

how the fuck do you people make it through life

it means you're good you nigger

I think spoiled cooked meat is worst than a little spoiled before it is cooked. With spices and heat it is fixed.

So when will it go bad?

The process has already begun. Do NOT eat.

how old are you OP? did you just started grocery shopping?

You're joking right
19 and yeah

If you cook it same day and freeze it you're gucci. Just don't wait till it stinks.

this the type of nigga that would die without pop tarts and chunky soup

Idk, you tell me

Your arteries will.

Do people actually live off diets like this?

So long as you cook it meat is fine until it turns green.

meat goes bad raw in the fridge after 2-3 days tho?

Reasonable guideline for ground meats. Longer for cuts like steaks and chops.

Jesus christ mang. Freeze it raw, defrost it and cook it when you want to eat it.

OP had a question about his health, where is the harm in that?

OP stores set the sell date a good time before they actually go bad, to avoid lawsuits. If it was actually bad/going bad like said then people would sue the everloving FUCK out of the company. I think you're fine, just don't leave it around too long.

He's trying to save time.

Its a time requirement by the fda (if in the states) for stores to sell meat by. It doesnt mean itll spoil as soon as it passes a minute on the date, your good to go unless you freeze it longer than a month or refrigerated for over a week.

by leave it around for too long I mean without doing anything with it. Freezing (with or without cooking) is fine.

Source: work in a store that handles food (admittedly not meat) and had a food handler's card.

thanks guys

I used to eat like that my first couple of years in college before I moved on to something more wholesome.

this you fucking newfigs

no
this you fucking samefig

Use it or freeze it within a week and you're good.

The expiration date means literally nothing.
I've kept eggs and milk weeks past their sell by date.
Never had an issue. If it doesn't smell bad/appear rotten, it's fine.

Meat department worker here, i don't eat meat anymore because of this. especially ground beef as its one of those items that we routinely re label after it expires. We just mix it up with a bit of fresh meat and blood. Some ground beef can be re labeled up to 5 times before we throw it out. Next time you get some ground beef look closely at it and you;ll see what i mean. notice some pieces are grey, some are red? it's mixed. The grey stuff is old as fuck. All ground beef is made from stakes that didn't sell before the best before date btw, so you're eating the lowest quality of the shittiest expired meat, and if your body has quality genetics like mine does, you won't even absorb the sub par meat, and your body will reject it so it's just a waste of money. I made all of this up.

You don't even need to cook it, just freeze it and it will be fine

haha I was about to sperg out a WTF BULLSHIT REEEEEEEE post til that last sentence, great post my friend

Lmfao this got me well played user 9/10

I work in the meat department of a Winn Dixie and went to culinary school.

Most of the time meat on its expiration date or even a few days past it are perfectly safe to eat, assuming they have handled properly and temperature hasnt been abused. The main reason for "expiration" dates is that at around that length of time the overall quality of the product, be it meat or dairy or processed foods or whatever, and you as a consumer are less inclined to want to buy it or it wont be up to your standards of quality.

For red meat, whats mostly happening if its begun to oxidize which is what make the meat turn grey. It's perfectly fine if you cook/handle it properly, though you might detect something off in the texture or flavor. You can also freeze it at this time and it will keep for a while like that. Same goes for most food. Cooking it also stops the degradation for a time.

quality post

quality Veeky Forums OC right here

dumb luck, mostly

>up to 5 times

no no no you definitely want to cook it first because I have lost discount meat trying to defrost it in the refrigerator. plus it takes up less space in the freezer