Does anyone know of an efficient running routine...

Does anyone know of an efficient running routine? I've struggled with asthma for a while and hope to conquer long distance runs

Other urls found in this thread:

coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Left foot, Right foot
repeat to failure

>
>Left foot, Right foot
>repeat to failure
11/10 thanks partner

Run SLOW and I mean grandma tier slow but do it as far as you possibly can, like seriously grind them miles senpai. 3 times a week. you will see real results from doing this

I can run an 8 minute pace for 3 miles, but I just devolve into a shuffle after that

honestly this, put one foot infront of the other

do it again

eventually youll do it well

Thanks I appreciate the advice, I'll just start running more

you seem nice, check out couch to 5km program, thats what most people use, i didnt use it as i just did and repeated it once a week until i didnt feel like dying.

Download a running app, i use the nike one because it was the first i saw, i dont know if there is better out there, it shows speed distance time and a map of where i ran.

Get some running shorts, running shoes and a t shirt. I personally use an armband and wireless earphone but at this point this is probably driving up the price of this whole hobby to far for you so just run with phone in pocket and earphones, its what i did when i started until i broke the shits.

Google good running form, read daniels running formula if youre bored i guess.

Have fun and keep at it, i find day dreaming makes running really fun, not to sound autistic but its fun to imagine yourself in silly scenarios running from something or for something, i like to picture a stadium around me as i run the relay at the olympics on my last 200m, sounds gay as fuck but shit like that will make runs more fun.

have fun ya pooftah

Piggybacking on this thread, sorry OP.

I've been running regularly for around four months now and I do ~7km 4-5 times a week at a 10km (6 mil)/hr pace, but any time I try to add more miles I get completely exhausted (feels like I'm running through mud) and end up with a major performance set back. This has been going on for almost two months.

What the fugg do I do? My form's pretty good, I'm young, I eat a lot of quality carbs, reasonable amount of sleep.

Only bad thing is a lot of stress from university.

I appreciate it

>Only bad thing is a lot of stress from university.

>exam time approaches
>run less and less
>skip the gym
>study all day all night
>drink red bull and forget to eat
>emerge with good marks and having set myself back 3months worth of gains

rinse repeat every 6 months

Add a slow long run to your routine
Like 6mph pace but go as far as you can
Once a week

Run somewhere interesting to failure, make note of where you failed, run to the next furthest landmark when you go for another run. For example: I ran to the stone gate last time, this time I'll make it to the haystacks.

why does nobody sprint here? it's all jogging, jogging, jogging. it's like you guys enjoy being bored.

Running trails is very theraputic
Sprinting is autism

another good app for logging runs and what not is Strava, although all the good ones probably do the same thing anyway.

Also yea do c25k op and then progress to b210k (Bridge to 10k)

sprinting is far better for burning flab.

maybe try slowing down until you get more accustomed to the longer distances

I use strava for cycling and Nike for running. Have gone too far with Nike to turn back now, unless they have an export runs feature it looks I'm on this platform for life.

All the same shit in the end

With asthma you need to make sure your breathing is controlled. Don't know exactly how so you should google it. They recommend swimming for asthmatics because of the controlled breathing it involves, I got asthma really bad as a kid but in the pool I was always fine so it's all about controlled slow breathing

It's all good user

My routine is 50-60 minutes, 2 times a week. Works well for me.

coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

fuck bros I'm stuck on week 3 and can't do week 4. What should I do?

I can only run for 15 minutes at 8 mph hang in there asthmbro it will be better I hope

>can't do week four
What do you mean you can't do it?

Well by "can't" I can get through three minutes decently, but whenever I got for another three minutes or longer I can barley breathe at the next 3 minute mark.

I normally run around 5.2-5.5mph. I'm super out of shape but I honestly enjoy cardio.

Then jog slower. Jog as slowly as you need to

How slow then? When should I increase?

Just do what you can. If you get to a day where you can't finish it, next time do that day again possibly slower. It's like with lifting weights. If you fail a weight, the next time you try it again. If you fail a few times in a row, decrease the weight (speed in this case) and try again

meant for

My routine is to do 10 minutes of rowing machine before running to augment my heart rate. Then I walk (3.3-3.7 mph) for 5 minutes. Then I start running at 5.5 mph and increase 0.5 mph every 5 minutes or so until failure.
Don't listen to people that say you should run slower and longer, that's not how you build endurance. You have to try running at a fast pace (>8mph) as long as you can to become a real runner. Then long slow run will be easy pie.

>been running 3 months or so now
>finally can run well enough to start enjoying it
Running is addictive as fuck once you get past the hellish first 2 months
Feels good man

okay, thanks senpai. I appreicate the advice.