Sup Veeky Forums. Ive been doing the SS but ice hit a problem...

Sup Veeky Forums. Ive been doing the SS but ice hit a problem, I can't do cleans because my gym is so small I'll probably knock someone out. And I can't do OHP because
>small gym
>one squat rack
>fucks up my shoulders
Are there any exercises I can do to replace these? Free weight or machine.
Pic unrelated

You can easily fuck cleans off, just do weighted chins or something.

You straight up have to do OHP tho, sorry bro.

How do weighted chins work the same muscles as cleans?
And there's gotta be a substitute for OHP, it really fucking hurts my shoulder, I don't wanna do permanent damage

Lel SS and the fucking cleans. Don't do them, there's a reason no bodybuilder on earth does them.

Just do ohp in the squat rack, it's fine. Just don't take hours. How does it fuck your shoulders?

I keep hearing people making fun of the SS, but it's in the sticky? What's wrong with it?
>how does it fuck your shoulders
Feels like my bone is grinding, and there's the occasional crack, hurts for a few hours after my workout (the bone not the muscle)

>How do weighted chins work the same muscles as cleans?

Who cares, you want dem lats and biceps right?

>And there's gotta be a substitute for OHP
Sure, dumbell OHP.

>you want them lats and biceps right?
Yeah but i want the shoulders too.

>I keep hearing people making fun of the SS

For what it is, it's good. It's designed to get athletes strong fast. It's unbalanced because of the lower body focus and it has power cleans, which is fine for football players but isn't the best for looking good. The concept of progressive overload with heavy compounds is great and is used in any good program. But you don't need to squat 3x a week and do power cleans to look better which is what most people want.

That sounds like an issue you should get checked out. Pressing shoulder movements are important, the only thing that even closely resembles ohp is dumbbell shoulder press which would give you the same problem.

SS is fine in some ways, I don't really like that it's geared towards complete noobs who have never done exercise in their lives and expecting them to be able to do exercises like cleans on their own. People usually recommend adding accessories to SS and not doing cleans because most people want to look good and not just increase weight on 3 lifts.

Where can I find a good routine for aesthetics then?

Just do SS and add some accessory exercises here and there

Thanks, any suggestions?

Phraks greyskull is good. So is Sean's stripped 5x5. Depending on how much work you're willing to put in, I'd add DB incline bench, facepulls, hammer curls, and Bulgarian lunges.

I'll look into those, thanks a million lad

I have switched to this from SS and I like it so far. It is very similar to Phraks but has added dumbbell moves

Just try some stuff out once you've done your main lifts.

See what you like best, eventually you'll get a feel for it and pick what you like, so get acquainted with all the equipment. Throw some curls in one day, some tricep extensions, flys, side raises, lunges, just look at people and give it all a go, not all on the same day though obviously. there are people who just go straight SS for months on end and don't touch anything else, that's boring as fuck imo.

Also Phraks for you. I hate the fucking barbell rows desu but I am not strong enough for the proper chin ups yet

Gentleman, thanks
I'll give it a go, thanks aswell

>I am not strong enough for the proper chin ups yet

These are the people giving you advice on Veeky Forums.

OP, honestly it doesn't matter too much what beginner routine you do. I do agree that power cleans are unnecessary and that you should add in some accessory work that you enjoy, but as long as you're squatting, deadlifting, benching, OHPing, and doing some sort of pulling movement (rows/pullups/etc) you will be fine for the first couple of months.

Just pick a novice routine (preferably fullbody 3x a week) that has all these and stick with it for at least 2-3 months to see how you like it.

What kind of muscle groups should I work/avoid working on the same day?

Well if you're doing full body 3x week, feel free to work basically all your muscle groups every workout. Just don't overdo it too much. If you spend 20-30 minutes blasting your arms after some heavy benching, you might not be recovered in time for your next workout. Start with a basic routine and slowly add in accessories on things you want to work on that look like fun. If you felt like it didn't affect your recovery for the next work out, you could add a little more next time.

In my experience most novice routines if you run them as is, you will stall on the upper body presses first, so it's good to add in things like closegrip bench, dips, tricep extensions, lateral raises, flyes (again, obviously don't add all of these at once). You can go a very long way with your lower body just squatting and deadlifting.

Great, thanks man I appreciate it

Yeah, no problem. You really should get your shoulder checked out though and see what's causing you that pain. OHP is GOAT shoulder exercise.

>power cleans are unnecessary
this fucking thread baka

Power cleans are great for training explosive power in sports like football, but for general strength training or just trying to build muscle, power cleans are not necessary by any means.

>muh meme lift
>Le rip said so

Try dumbbell ohp. Barbell ohp gives me pain but db doesn't.

Also fuck power cleans. Do SL instead

>5x5
>squat everyday
>no pull/chinups

'no'

Just do some sort of lighter deadlift with more reps. Cleans aren't shit.

Add accessories for biceps triceps chest and do each once a week at the end of the workout

For accessories I really like leg raises and russian twists. They work your abs and obliques really nicely, which are vital to aesthetics. I also do tricep raises, hammer curls, and pullups. Then again I'm doing SL 5x5 which is slightly different.

What advice did I give I only shared a popular beginner routine to help OP fuck you

You didn't say anything wrong, but maybe you should stick with it at least long enough to be able to do the 3x5 chin ups in that routine before giving beginners advice.