Redpill me on planetfitness, Veeky Forums. Why shouldnt i join? Its only 10$ a month, 24 hours...

Redpill me on planetfitness, Veeky Forums. Why shouldnt i join? Its only 10$ a month, 24 hours, and they have free food (skellu here)

You will literally get in trouble for lifting weights. Can work fine if you're a newbie, before you get to real weights.

>You will literally get in trouble for lifting weights.

What do you mean by this?

No fucking barbell

No deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, squat, rows

You basically might as well not lift, because if you go to PF, then you don't even

If you grunt or drop the dumbells/weights a alarm will go off and that's it

And everything's purple. Not a good purple either. A very girly purple. A cartoon penis glans purple.

They have no barbells, only smith.
You ever tried to dl or bench a smith? Shits wack

Just get it OP. All these fucking try hards think you need all those meme exercises to look good. You can achieve the same amount of aesthetics and strength doing smiths and keeping your diet in check.

Do they have dumbells?

If they catch you trying too hard they make you cross dress & the girls at the gym peg you till you do cumsies in you chastity cage.

i went to PF for my first year of lifting, never once heard the alarm go off. I dropped weights all the time there, its pretty much just used for retards that go there just to cause a ruckus.

If this doesn't convince you tha PF is shit for anyone that lifts, then you are hopeless. PF is a cardio and wimp gym.

Smith Machines?
>I think you mean Delt and Shoulder and ROM destroyers

This. You can at least do split squats dumbbell ohp, one leg deads

>no super setting

So do they have someone who makes sure that patrons only do one exercise at a time? Or is there a minimum length of time that must be spent between sets?

I'm genuinely curious now

If you're completely new to lifting then PF is a good start, as soon as you lift for more than 3-6 months, you should have at least some basic understanding of what to do and then you can join an actual real Gym

nigga fuck people who superset, it's basically that asshole who claims 2-3 benches/machines at the same time when the gym is fucking packed already

im sure they dont give a fuck if you have 2 sets of dumb bells and one bench, but i see cats with like 15 random dbs sitting around them

free pizza and bagles tho

Not OP, but I actually did attempt SS using the Smith machine when I first started lifting. It didn't seem bad at the time, it was cheap and better than nothing.

...til I joined a real gym and had to teach myself the lifts again, and almost fell on my ass first time I tried to barbell squat.

It could be feasible in a pinch, definitely not ideal t.b.h f.a.m

I did this but with ohp and deadlift with a barbell instead of going to a real gym and it was the biggest waste of 1.5 years of training ever, go and find the most hardcore gym in your city and join up there to learn. Being put around people who have been in the game for ages will help you so much more

and they dont charge extra for this?
>sign me up

What's the problem with this? You're complaining that a gym that is designed to cater to beginners doesn't cater to bodybuilders. Join a real gym and let the fatties go to PF. No point laughing at PF when they're the ones making millions off fatsos

are there power-lifting gyms that don't allow you to lift less than 1 plate?
>sorry, we don't cater to weak people here you fucking loser!

there should be. same for the crossfit faggots

come the fuck on OP

this is literally a mcdonalds playground for adults, is THIS WHO U WANT TO BE

I would get it if it was really close by and a better gym was way far.

Mostly because no barbells, no squat rack and the dumbbells only go to 60lbs. :/ I'd max out on a lot of machines really fast but bro free pizza every first Monday of the month.

ITT: no life faggots complaining about causal gyms made for casual people

Is this /v/?

It really depends on the pf near you as they are franchises. I went to the one by me in between semesters and before I had enough cash for home gym master race. Honestly it wasn't that bad:
-never heard the link alarm
- only one barbell but I would snatch that shit up asap and do my thing.
Most everyone there was old as fuck and liked to watch my form lol
The cable set up wasn't bad desu senpai- pretty legit for ten bucks imo. Plus side was I got to watch the fatties waddle in on pizza day; I swear there would be 10 fatties every time that literally only had memberships for that one day a month