That time when Atheists spent several trying to replace AD with CE

>That time when Atheists spent several trying to replace AD with CE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_calendar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Christian Era
The brainlets didn't even properly think it through.

Aye, twas a long, arduous several...

>n-no it's common era don't you see? It might use the exact same literal dates as the Church, but we don't have to say Christ any more!
Why are atheists so fucking fragile?

We already removed your movement from power and now seek to wipe it from history

>inb4 fedora.webp

Jehovah doesn't exist mane

I don't understand why they did that, it's not like recognizing that religion influenced nearly everything for centuries makes you some kind of zealot

I think both are stupid and arbitrary, but I think that BCE/CE is a lot more aesthetically pleasing then BC/AD and prefer using it while writing.

>thinks "Common Era" is more aesthetic then "Anno Domini"

the state of atheism

>three letters/two letters
>using same letters twice

looks shit

it worked though

Stupid thread, the idea was never to REPLACE the BC/AD system with BCE/CE (for most people, anyway, and yes you can find exceptions.) The idea was to provide an ALTERNATIVE that's not explicitly religious, and the attempt was successful. BCE/CE are widely recognized, plenty of publications prefer to use them, plenty others will never change, and mostly everybody's fine with that.

Reminder it was the Jews pushing for it.

>The idea was to provide an ALTERNATIVE that's not explicitly religious
>in a religion-based calendar

ITT retards not realizing the point of CE dates was to remove the ambiguity that comes from Christ having been born four years "before Christ".

That was absolutely not the point of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_calendar

>not using the superior Holocene calender created by Cesare Emiliani

It's like you guys want to ignore thousands of years of human history before the legendary desert religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) popped up.

>professor knocked 1% off my final thesis for using BC/AD instead of BCE/CE
>pushed below the threshold for the PhD scholarship I was applying for
>appeal the decision
>appeal is rejected
>pay 40 eurobux to submit it for a remark
>comes back the same
>currently working 2 jobs just to pay off my existing debt
>got an internship at a museum next year
>could've walked straight into a curatorship if I had my PhD
>look up the professor years later
>she's one of the higher ups in Atheism Ireland
>spends basically all of her free time protesting outside of churches
They should really screen these people.

they think it means before christ/after death
just what i'd expect from atheist brainlets

Ouch. no reason for me to assume that this story is false. That sucks homie.

>Human Era proponents claim that it makes for easier geological, archaeological, dendrochronological and historical dating, as well as that it bases its epoch on an event more universally relevant than the birth of Jesus.
>more relevant than the birth of Jesus
Yes, who cares about the literal Son of God himself. Fuck that guy, some ancient pile of block is much more relevant.
What did they mean by this?

should have been cut-throat and looked for dirt on him or fabricated some of your own.

prod the prods with the prod

You're in ireland, curbstomp that bitch and get a movie made about you and how you were such a nice guy.

It was started by Jewish, Muslim, and other non-Christian scholars that were butthurt over the whole Jesus thing, then later became a New Atheist thing for a while.

>random english words more aesthetic than LATIN
brainlet

This seems to be creeping into use in British history documentaries

>The term "Common Era" can be found in English as early as 1708,[7] and became more widely used in the mid-19th century by Jewish academics.

>being this triggered

Fuck off neokike

SPENT SEVERAL WHAT? I'm figuratively dying to know.

We should all use Ab Urbe Condita.

Is that that one massive Brit pedo?

There were two ways about it: first is to replace it with CE, second is to kill Latin, so now it's just two letters that aren't even used.

Holy fuck if this is real.

If that 1% was the difference between getting accepted into a PhD program, your thesis was probably shit anyway. Stop blaming other people for your problems.