What kind of body can I expect from swimming only? No lifting or anything. Just swimming

What kind of body can I expect from swimming only? No lifting or anything. Just swimming.

A body that gets you pussy.

Is that ottermode? Skinny? I need pictures to aim for and compare to my CBT.

You will end up looking like a marine mammal.

Bear mode of the sea-mode.

Going from no physical activity whatsoever to swimming 2-3 times week, I noticed broader shoulders but that's about it. Didn't really lose weight either because I would come home so hungry I would eat a ton. I wasn't following a program or anything so I probably didn't do it properly, but it's not comparable to the noob gains you get from lifting.

Well I'm being careful with my diet. So currently I guess I'm on a "cut" to get rid of the last bot of fat that seems to stubbornly stick to my stomach.

But I swim about 40-50 lengths (one length is 25m) in sets of 10, with about 1-2 minute break in between.

I could probably do it in a bigger grouping if I just did breaststroke, but I'm trying my best to put front crawl in there to mix it up, which really wipes me out ATM.

swimmers go to the gym just like every other athlete does
so don't expect great results

This is what I want to know. What does only swimming achieve, without any gym going.

You will get poormans ottermode (pic related) at most if you're an amateur swimmer, are natty and watch your diet.

You will get proper ottermode (A LITTLE more mass than pic related) if you swim on a more professional/competitive level.

You want to get an ascended ottermode body, which combined lifting/swimming to around 70/30 ratio (more emphasis on lifting).

>t.4 years swimming/7 years lifting

Don't expect to get much just from swimming casually, normalfags will thing you're "toned" and "lean", should an ascended ottermode guy walk past you, you will look a like a dicklet DYEL manlet.

I'm interested in this too. I have a pull up bar at home and was wondering what I too can expect from just swimming and doing chin ups and hanging leg raises for abs

Witnessed

Swimming won't give you any gains, it's an endurance sport. The "swimmer body" is made in the gym.

Will it make you look lean and firm at least? As in surely you wouldn't end up skinny fat by only swimming while cutting?

quads of truth

In short, this is what swimming only routines have to offer

If you lose bodyfat, you will look more ripped. Swimming is just a tool to achieve that.

'No'

Pls respond fishbrahs

Maybe a wide back and strong legs (if you swim well)

Explain

He's just shitposting

If you train at a competitive level, you might get a reasonable otter mode going on. Otherwise, supplement with gym workouts in order to see major improvements

I'm not the most knowledgeable user regarding this so.. how would you define competitive level? Swimming with excellent technique 3-4 times a week etc I assume

At a skill level where you would be effective in competitive squads. 3 times a week would definitely not be enough.

I see. I might just swim 4x a week and supplement with pull up bar exercises to compensate then

What if one mastered butterfly stroke and made this their main one whenever swimming? Still the same results? Ive read in places that it's the toughest on the muscles

when I was swimming in high school, to be at a competitive level to swim at state events, you had to train 7-10 times a week

Damn. How long per session? Also what did you do in each one?

like 1.5-2 hours.

It was years ago, but we like swam or did other excercises according to what the coach said. They would write down what to do and times on a white board.

Idk man I swim all the time, I swam 25Km this week. Yet I still look skinnyfat not even dyel.
Maybe it's genetics

Pics of current body?

Do you track cals or anything?

here's an old pic but I haven't changed that much

Former fatty trying to cut so yeah, but I'm not consistent at all so here's that

When I was swimming we were doing 2 a days, before and after school, dry land on Fridays and Saturday mornings. Most of us would also have a block of weightlifting during the day.

It takes a lot more than just swimming back and forth a few times.

That's fine for a start, but you won't see much from that level of workout. Cut down the rest time to 30 seconds in between. Add some diversity as well to make sure you don't burn out.

My typical quick workout.

1x500 warmup
5x200 alternating speed -30 seconds rest
5x100 sprint 1 minute rest
200 warm down

I'm just getting back into swimming and seeing good weight loss and a substantial drop in resting heart rate

This is false.

Citation: swimming for 12 years

Swimming is goat. When you become a fat fuck who cant run half a mile, you can still swim laps like nothing just b/c technique.

The fat just melts off.

Your physique will be built regardless from weight training. Mix the two and youll look very good. Everyone says my shoulders are xbox huge.

I can settle for that kind of body. After getting into regular swimming last couple of weeks, I'm disappointed the fact that my pecs seems to just be non existent and my podgy stomach remains.

Wait, I misread that. 25km! That's insane! I'm proud of the fact that I'm managing 1km in a particular swim session. How the fuck are you managing 25?!?!

What stroke for this?

That's a monumental amount of swimming. Dwarfs the amount I am able to do entirely!

Pic of current body then. Prove it.

Are legs 'taken care of' with swimming? They won't end up super skinny if you just do pull ups alonside swimming and nothing else right?

Good stamina and I recover pretty fast so I can swim pretty much every day.
Did that in 5 sessions for a total of less than 8 hours so not that fast.
Some people managed to swim like 60Km in a day so that's nothing compared to that.

Do you lift or do any calisthenics or pure swimming? Not bad if pure bro

Oh, OK. I have a job, so can't dedicate that much time to swimming. Would be awesome to be able to do some sort of swimathon someday. But I'll keep having as good a workout I can in my typical 45 minutes.

I used to swim competitive for a club for 5-8 years.

Workout was...

Monday to Saturday every day, with Tue and Thursday having 6am swim and 6pm swim... So 8 times a week. The practise was usually about 1-1.5 hours with a 30 min dry land, weight lifting, stairs, wall sits, planks, etc.

I currently go to gym about 4/week and swim 1-2 times a week. I find it takes away soreness from my body.. I usually swim for about 45 mins after workout.. about 2-2.5km in that time ( I do different sets like leg and pull sets and drills for technique so it's not continuous)

Shit, I fucking suck at swimming. On a really good day, I can manage 1km.

A wet body

I did it competitively for years and my technique is probably top 0.1% of population if not higher.. but this is only because of how much I trained and was coached. It's a lot of the reasons I can comfortably do longer distances at faster speeds. I stopped swimming about 4 years ago competitively and started losing my ab definition, so started lifting a few months ago. It's surprising how easily the gains are coming to me, in all the right places after having done sports my early life, very thankful to parents.

But back to the question. Just swimming will help you lose weight. All professional swimmers use weights and "dry land" training to supplement mass. The only really thin swimmers are the ones who do really long races.. Like events that are 800/1500m . Im a sprinter my best events were always 50/100/200m ones

I tried to but I can't recover if I do both, especially the shoulders, so I had to drop lifting

I don't swim that much all the time tho, just got a lot of free time at the moment. Swimming hard for 45min is enough to progress though.

Just a question for any swimbros.

I'm swimming usually for 2 hours non-stop, breast stroke with dolphin kick, wearing fins.
How many kcals do i burn per hour? Pace is around 70% of my max. I estimate around 600kcals/hour.

Diet is 90% of how you look.

Fill the 10% with the style of training, but 90% of your results come from diet.

Most of Veeky Forums would fucking drown if they swam more than 1 km.

Swimming makes you very strong, especially your legs become beast like if you swim properly(use them swimming boards) . But you won't be RIPPED like a track and field athlete. Supplement it with running and weights if you wanna look amazing

It depends so much on technique that I don't even know myself. Only way to know for sure is counting calories.

They call it ottermode for a reason, retard

What kind of body does swimming get you...
OH I DONT KNOW HAVE YOU EVER LOOK AT THE OLYMPICS SWIMMING RACES. THEY ARE SWIMMERS THEY HAVE THE BODY YOU GET FROM SWIMMING

YOU ARE WELCOME

Yeah, cause running is going to get you Usain's body right ?

they definitely will, especially depending on your technique. I'm a distance swimmer who gets lazy, so I'll stop kicking properly after a while. Wall push offs/flip turns help but you'll still have shrimpy legs if you're not squatting or anything

decent high school swimmers can pull off a 10k in one practice if they're being pushed really hard. these long swims aren't done all at once, but its still impressive.

Dude honestly I've swam for awhile and the way to burn calories is the exact opposite of that. I'd say 200-300 per hour.

The only sport I did was swimming and this is exactly what happened. I can escape a bad basketball situation though

I expected the Asian to be darker? doesn't he swim?
Or is he always in a indoor pool?

Swimming is great cardio because you rely on your upper body strength and some lower. I lift and swim this is an old pic of me.
>dont fall for traps though
You need to lift, eat well, and get plenty of sleep, but swimming is a huge fat burner and will give you nice triceps and traps.
Try to do about 2k a day for normies.

Yeah.. if you dont eat propperly you idiot.

Pic related is what you can aim for if you only do cardio. My advice is to make a swim+lift combo, at least lift once or twice a week.

>tfw didnt swim all year round
>only swam 5 times a week
>still placed near top of state
God genetics and sheer willpower boys.

Sure, but look at the guys behind him. Your genetics have to be great if you want to look like he does just by swimming.