What does Veeky Forums think about intermittent fasting? Is it a good way to build muscle without getting fat?

What does Veeky Forums think about intermittent fasting? Is it a good way to build muscle without getting fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/
livescience.com/48888-intermittent-fasting-benefits-weight-loss.html
scientificamerican.com/article/how-intermittent-fasting-might-help-you-live-longer-healthier-life/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0104423013000213
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is it a good way to build muscle without getting fat?
dude, just lift and eat above your tdee by 250-500.

Currently doing IF KETO with yohimbine in the morning. makes u lose fat and pack muscle. its fucking great

I've been on IF for nearly two months, after a long and successful bulk (7.5 kg's). My weight has stayed the same, but BF% went down. I prefer IF after a bulk over a cut.

Also, I'm more productive in the morning (my feeding window is 12:00 to 20:00).

IF is just a way to deal with hunger, you get really hungry for short periods of the day rather than kinda hungry over longer periods with normal meal timings. If you prefer it this way go for it.

> window
> eight fucking hours
> an entire work shift

I just want to get ripped without packing on fat

are u fucking stupid or what?

thats the standard IF window kinda.

Standard IF window is one fucking meal

do u fukin believe in iF imprving insulin snstvty m8?

No that's the warrior diet

At what time do you workout when IF?

listen to me now, newfriend.
you can do that. You can gain muscle without getting fat. There's 2 ways
a) lift. maintain your weight but lift alot and alot. it will take a long long time to notice gains.
b) take steroids.

Only 2 ways for you to get ripped without gaining bodyfat. However, there is another way which most of Veeky Forums uses for a good reason. It's called bulk/cut.
Eat at 250-500 calorie surplus and lift, lift, lift. You will gain a lot of muscle and some fat.
After you've bulked enough, start cutting. 250-500 calorie deficit, you will lose a lot of fat and you will lose some muscle.

read the sticky for more

How fucking hard is it to understand you eat 250-500 surplus when you "bulk" and 250-500 deficit when you cut.

There is nothing more to it really. You guys are beginners, not IFBB pro's. It doesn't fucking MATTER what else you do unless you follow that most fucking simple guideline EVER I just gave you.

It honestly doesn't make a difference. You are babby lifter, all you need is to train for +3 years and stay consistent and you will look good.

dont you, NIGGER?!

authoritynutrition.com/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/

livescience.com/48888-intermittent-fasting-benefits-weight-loss.html

scientificamerican.com/article/how-intermittent-fasting-might-help-you-live-longer-healthier-life/

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0104423013000213

Early evening. My last meal of the day is my post workout meal

IF rules. 2000kcal+ meals do too. Lost 14kg in 4 months while also adding some muscle. Fatfag to ottermode. Will continue IF as it's easy to cook once a day, and eat all that healthy shit in massive amounts.

If is godamn great

Most important thing is being in a caloric surplus.

THEN....

Add an 8 hour eating window

Add carb cycling

Add carb backloading

You will be lean year round yet still be gaining muscle and minimal fat

>reading the supporting articles
>studies found no difference between IF and ADF
>unclear whether or not IF improves insulin resistance/sensitivity in human subjects
>Compared IF to a normal(aka shitty diet)
>Use overweight/obese human individuals as test subjects where of course you'd see an improvement from a tracked and healthy diet
>Observe the effects of IF on diabetic/prediabetic rats rather than healthy rats
>Found (huge surprise) that eating immediately before bed isn't very good for you
>livescience articles just reference other livescience articles
>literally all just a rewording that temporary fasting can be beneficial, which we all already knew
>this sciencedirect/elsevier artcle looks promising
>looking at subjects with excessive amounts of adipose tissue rather than healthy subjects
>"The studies discussed in this paper have mostly been conducted in very small populations, on healthy individuals, and for short periods, which limits the strength of the results achieved. Further investigations are required to determine the frequency and/or duration of IF required to exert a positive effect on metabolism and cardiovascular outcomes."
>look at the "type I diabetic nephropathy in rats" article again
>IF reduces expression of p53 and caspase3
>p53
>a tumor suppression protein
>caspace3
>a protein used to stimulate apoptosis in unhealthy and potentially cancerous cells
>IF may cause your body to lower defences against cancer

Lrn2 research methodology. All these tell us is that temporary fasting(which IF could be) is beneficial for everyone and that improving diet in unhealthily fat people is good. Not exactly new info, doesn't matter at all for normal weight people following a healthy diet and exercise regimen.

nigger im not reading all that nerd crap.
IF works and people know it works. fuck off

Alright nigger stay uneducated.

Vaccines cause autism and people know it causes autism. Fuck off.

this is a thread about IF. if u dont got anything positive to say, fuck off u fat little bitch

A)I'm not fat
B)All I'm saying is it is no more beneficial than other forms of fasting
C)We don't know if it really helps healthy, active normal weight people
D)You should open a theatre what with all the projecting you're doing

there is lots of good science behind IF.
look it up urself if ur interested.

Fuck I'm being trolled on. Thought I was too experienced but you got me f.a.m.

Great post m8, I didnt know about IF decreasing p53. People are fucking stupid.