Is a glass a day of this sweet elixir we call Coca-Cola that bad? Why?

Is a glass a day of this sweet elixir we call Coca-Cola that bad? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1890993/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, stop trying to find justification for your shit habit. It is literally beetus inducing poison.

Shameless self-bump.

That's like an extra lb of fat every month all else being equal

I'm not trying to justify shit, I just wanted to know why.

What about Pepsi Max?

The problem is most people cant consume just one glass of soda a day, I know if I drink one cup ill end up drinking 4

with that being said at most have one cup a week

just drink zero or light

That's zero calories, right? It is fine as long as you brush your teeth

I'm not sure if being Max, or Zero, or Diet makes any difference.

Is that going to help?

It is like 5cals a pint

Close enough

>5 calories vs 200
>not making a difference

I cannot see behind the heavy veil of ignorance.

The artificial sweeteners haven't been around long enough to say whatever potential negative health effects there are. Honestly, just drink water or fruit juice.

If you really want a fizzy drink, drink something like izzie or carbonated tarragon beverages.

Those two are basically kind of like mineral water with fruit juice, from what I gather. The tarragon one has amazingly low calories when compared to all other soda. It doesn't take godly but at least it's a healthier way to feed the addiction.

Also beware, some of the tarragon ones have artificial sweeteners. Stay away from artificial sweeteners unless you want a higher risk of cancer.

Please post a peer reviewed study published in a competent medical journal which supports the notion that 330 ml of full sugar soda daily has any effect on diabetes incidence.

Guess what nigger, you fucking can't, because there are none. You're a fucking idiot, stop posting Dr. Oz tier 'medical advice' on the board. You're a dumb useless faggot and I hope you drown. Lying faggot.

translation: lrn2 moderation

>Stay away from artificial sweeteners unless you want a higher risk of cancer.

Hi mom

Yes, basically. The fact is no one who looks like pic related gets type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is a disease of the obese. If you're not fat, you don't have the insulin resistance that brings on type 2. It doesn't fucking matter if you eat bags of gummy bears and drink soda all day, that's not significantly different nutritionally than eating fresh fruit. There is less fiber but hfcs is extremely similar to sucrose and fruits have fructose in abundance anyway.

Basically, read the sticky, IIFYM really works, don't be a retard.

I had an ex-gf whose weight hovered around 100 lbs and she was prediabetic. That's probably an extreme case though because she ate less than 1000 calories a day and I'd say more than half of that came from M&Ms

theoretically if it fits within your calorie allowance, no. But it's devoid of real nutritional value and the acidity is no good for teeth.
I drink soda, but rarely. When I do, I make sure to water it down. It's just too sweet for my taste.

type 2 or type 1? apparently my dad, perfectly healthy and fit dude, went out of state and came back with type 1 out of the blue. and apparently a bunch of people he was with developed it as well. i don't remember where i was told he went, but he died before i was born because of it sooo

If you hit your caloric goal for the day (assuming you are maintaining or cutting), then add an extra glass of coca-cola.. Then yes it is bad. You're now above your goal. And none of those calories were particularly useful.

Sugar isn't bad by default. The problem is that with the calories in a glass of coca-cola, you get nothing of real value... If you ate the same amount of sugar-calories worth of apple, it would be less "bad" because you're getting vitamins and fiber.

But at the end of the day. If you want to drink it and can fit it into your caloric goal. Then go ahead. Sometimes the moral boost of drinking something you really enjoy is worth the 'pointless calories'.

Personally, I get bored of eating and drinking the same things constantly on a cut. Making sure I get the numbers exactly right. Making sure I get the most out of those numbers.. So sometimes I just calculate a can of coca-cola or something similar into it. Usually post workout.

Nothing feels better than finishing a tough workout on a cut, then buying a can of ice cold coca-cola from the vending machine and chugging it down like a champ while your bump and vascularity are on full display. Knowing people are watching wondering what the fuck you are doing. Knowing the rest of the rats are going to be scurrying away in a hurry to mix a protein shake within their optimum post workout feeding window of 3 minutes 28 seconds.

Did that 2 days ago and it felt fucking great. Gave me a feeling of normality. Took me back to the feeling of being a kid and not giving a shit about the things I am now obsessed with.

TL:DR drink it if it makes you happy. Just be smart about it and calculate your calories carefully.

How do not-obese young kids get it? How do some fit people get it? How do not-obese old people get it?

You can get diabetes from sugar, stress or even being more predisposed genetically.

>fruit juice

stop giving bad advice

OP, milk, water, tea and black coffee are all you should drink

Contrary to what the mentally ill, obsessive cretins on this site will tell you, one can of soda per day will not kill you.

Probably better off to avoid it, but I have a Dr. Pepper (patrician cola) once in a while, and I squat more than you. So there you go.

That's type 1 diabetes, bro. Except for old people - that's generally due to years and years of abuse.

Type 2, I think. I don't think you can be type 1 prediabetic. When she was diagnosed, she ate less m&ms, but didn't adjust how much of everything else she ate to compensate for her already-malnourished diet. You can imagine this caused a whole lot of other health problems.

That's type 1 diabetes which is an autoimmune disease. Type 2 is the acquired variety, and it only happens to fat fucks.

>You can get diabetes from sugar, stress or even being more predisposed genetically.

This is completely false. Shut the fuck up about medical topics if you don't know shit and can't even be bothered to skim a Wikipedia article you lazy ignorant cunt.

Pre diabetes just means elevated blood sugar on a finger stick test. It's not a disease and is completely reversible with diet and exercise.

EAT YOUR FUCKING BROCCOLI

I drink diet soda and I lost 130lbs in a year. Just find the kind of diet soda you like and stick to it but make sure to drink plenty of water too.

Type 2 DM is due primarily to lifestyle factors and genetics.[30] A number of lifestyle factors are known to be important to the development of type 2 DM, including obesity (defined by a body mass index of greater than 30), lack of physical activity, poor diet, stress, and urbanization.[12]
>stress

Dietary factors also influence the risk of developing type 2 DM. Consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks in excess is associated with an increased risk.[31][32]
>sugar

You mention Wikipedia but YOU yourself didn't even bother to check it out, humongous cocksucking faggot.

Show me one person who is in shape but got type 2 diabetes from 'stress' or 'poor diet'. Literally post one single patient on this entire planet who has that. I fucking dare you.

As I said before, type 2 is a disease for fatties. Fit people do not get type 2 due to stress or diet. You are 100% wrong because you're medically illiterate and don't understand what you're reading. Dumb faggots like you really piss me off. You have zero education and want to come spout off your retard theories on medical shit you have zero comprehension of. It's dangerous to others and embarrassing for you. Stop posting.

No but seriously now. How can you call someone ignorant when you are actually even more ignorant? And if you deny the statements I just showed you with no proof, unless you show a scientific research paper written by you on the causes of diabetes you are an actual down syndrom tard.

user YOU SURE RUSTLED MY JIMMIES. I'D FUCKING BASH YOUR FACE IN M8 I SWEAR IT M8!

for real tho samefag here can anyone explain this?

Ok user, you convinced me. All the articles that state stress, genetics and other factors among the possible causes are wrong and you, with your endless amount of documentation and proof you presented that I so obliviously disregard like an ignorant, are right.

I can call you ignorant because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Speaking about Type 2 independent of BMI is fucking stupid. The association is too strong to ignore. You're an absolute fool if you argue otherwise.

Let's see how far laziness and sarcasm get you in life. My guess is not far. Stay ignorant you dumb fuck faggot. Why don't you spend 5 minutes reading next time instead of making stupid fucking posts full of nothing but your vapid useless opinions.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1890993/

However, not all overweight or obese patients had these metabolic diseases and not all with these conditions were overweight or obese.

Right from your article. Fuck you.

Those are the geriatrics you retard. But definitely avoid a can of soda a day or you'll get type 2, because tons of athletes get it from stress and one can of soda. Tons! Just don't ask me to name any because I can't because they don't exist. You're totally right and not a lying dip shit at all.

Geriatrics means the branch of medicine related to old people, what the fuck are you even trying to say? It doesn't even make sense. And if you meant that those are the old people that are the exception, I think it would have been mentioned in the paper.

>lying

I just cited your source. Ok user, you are an autistic troll. I got it. The only reason I kept arguing was in case you had some actual proof because I was curious if I was wrong, but it seems that I wasn't and as such people wouldn't fall for your bullshit and indulge in sugar thinking it's not a risk. I'm done now. Fuck off. Bye.

fatty mcfatterson detected

your dad lies

Guess what we call patients who are old. 'gerry', short for geriatric patients. Taking incidence rates for disease in a geriatric population and applying them to young athletes is obviously a retarded move, but one you've chosen to make. I congratulate you on your arrogance. Some day you may learn that the elderly have different diseases than the rest of us, but evidently that day is not today.
I'm glad to hear that you're avoiding sugar. Consuming sugar can cause diabetes in athletes, for example in the following people, which I will now list in their entirety :

Yes well as you can see this is a very serious problem, by all of the zero people it has affected.

it's only bad if you drink it without Captain Morgan

They've been around for like 40 years

A cup of coke a day isn't THAT bad as long as the rest of your diet is right and you exercise.

My grandma is thin and fit as fuck. Did a life of hard labor, still goes out dancing and gardens every day. She got type 2 DM at like 70 y/o. It's a not only fat people, though being fat is a huge risk factor.

*it's only good if you drink it WITH captain morgan

Yes, fat or old as hell. No one on this board is going to get type 2 unless they're obese.

Your original claim didn't include old people. You're moving goal posts.

Max was initially marketed as Pepsi energy drink. It had guarana and some other energy drink ingredients in it. I think they've since taken that stuff out, and it's now just marketed as a diet drink in an attempt to compete with Coke Zero.

For those of you who don't know, Coke Zero is the "Classic Coke" formula with a sugar substitute, where Diet Coke is the "New Coke" formula with the same sugar substitute. This is why a lot of people say that Coke Zero tastes closer to Coke than Diet Coke.

No it's not bad.

It's calories, calories are good unless you're trying to lose weight.

You're all a bunch of fucking faggots

*it's only not good if you don't not drink it without captain morgan

And my grandpa smoked a hundred cigarettes a day until he died at 114 in a car accident.

This isn't a thesis defense. I wasn't being exhaustive, and I sincerely don't give a fuck about your red herring games.

If you really think that young athletes are at serious risk of developing type 2 diabetes due to stress or consumption of simple sugars, I can't stop you. The fact that this has never happened to a single human being in the history of the world is perhaps a reason not to believe it, but of course you're free to continue ignoring that information.