Pls. exercises to jump higher

Pls. exercises to jump higher.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Google The Vertical Jump Development Bible.

Power cleans

have you tried jumping

All good suggestions in this thread. Add squatting and tons of plyometric exercises.

Rippetoe says you can't increase your vertical jump by much, it's genetics.
youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020

creatine

he said to jump higher not bald faster

Oh my bad. Protein powder.

Didn't you ask this yesterday? Did you not listen to people telling you to start plyometric exercises, squats, and deadlifts?

I wasn't on Veeky Forums yesterday...

Well fuck if rippetoe says so...

Ball player here.
It's bullshit.

Crossfit

Jumping back squats
Box jumps
Heavy squats (to develop strength which you can then use to develop explosivity)
Power cleans
He says you can train your box jump which is a vertical leap.

It is your standing vertical which is mostly genetic.

Even then, plyo can help convert strength into explosive strength.

I forget the source, but some prominent coach was talking about strength training and explosivity, and basically, the reason the bar doesn't fly out of your hands when you do bench or whatever, is because you muscles work against each other to "put the brakes on", so to speak.

So as your tricep is contracting, your bicep engages to slow down the movement of your triceps.

Same shit happens when you squat, so if you developed lots of strength, but haven't developed your explosivity (basically training your muscles not to work against each other - just plyo and ballistics work, essentially) you can actually see an increase n your standing vertical.

But even that is uncommon.

Plyometrics.

Squats, cleans, actually practice jumping.

No, he says you can increase it, just not make infinite progress with it. You'll have a genetic ceiling.

Squat.

Work the glutes, achilles tendon and sprint to get better fast twitch muscles.

overhead squat
Hip Thrusts

Well memed sir

Practice jumping and squat more.