I want to learn the most effective fighting style so that I can hold my own, but I don't want any fucking concussions...

I want to learn the most effective fighting style so that I can hold my own, but I don't want any fucking concussions. Suggestions?

stay inside

Learn mma, knowing how to throw a solid punch is all you really need.

boxing and wrestling/BJJ

I don't really know about MMA, but don't MMA fighters usually each have their own main fighting styles?

I know boxing is concussion central. Gloves mean that the head is gonna take way more of a pounding until the hand gives.

Be a good person and amiable to all you meet.

You wear a helmet and generally people only throw light but fast taps when sparring. I've never had a concussion from a sparring session.

If you're afraid of the possibility of concussions you should look into cardio. The only way to learn how to fight is to spar.

But I want to join my hero academia :(

BJJ

>Most effective style for grappling and being on the ground
>95% of street fights go to the ground
>You won't learn any striking, but you'll understand which positions from which you could
>Feel composed because much of your lessons involve live sparring

You may not be good at real fights unless you learn Gracie Combatives. I wouldn't try prepping for a street fight where people seldom fight fair (knives, friends, guns, etc).

Ground and pound my man.

buy a gun. martial arts are for pussies, just like all arts and crafts.

I've heard the ancient style of shooting someone works pretty well to deter attackers.

>Going to the ground in a street fight

% of street fights go to the ground
Oh, really? Precisely 95%? Show statistics, faggot.

Wrestling. Virtually all MMA fighters agree that wrestling is the first skill to learn if you're getting into fighting.

Have a car
Travel to places with your car
If you want to take a walk do it during day or if at night avoid poor neighbors and non surveillance regions.
Don't be a douchebag, don't provoke people, don't respond to provocations ( hard to ever be provoked if you do what I mentioned above )
If you live in USA get a gun.

Pipebomb. Nothing beats a well placed pipebomb

> don't respond to provocations

This generation...

>don't respond to provocations
beta trash

In my state (oregon) if you get into a fight and beat the dudes ass you could possibly get 11 years.

But if you shoot someone in self defense you're good.

Strap up my nigga. I unironically carry a hi-point 9mm everywhere i go.

hurr I don't understand hyperbole and 100% of percentages on the internet have to be true

Chill out guys, I don't live in Chiraq, and I'm not trying to become a terrorist.

I just want to learn some basic (effective) fighting skills as a guy. What if you're with your girl at a party and a guy slaps her ass and quite literally says "You gonna stop me bro?"

You're seriously telling me that you're gonna pull out a gun and shoot him? And no I intend to actually avoid fights, but if I talk shit back, I want to be somewhat able to back it

you already got your answer in like the third post though its there isn't much more to explain than boxing and bjj

most of the other people are just telling you the reality of shit if you're getting robbed at gunpoint its doubtful you'll beat the guys gun just take the loss at that point being able to fight won't stop criminals from stabbing you

>the /pol/tard behaves like a knuckledragging ape
Oh the irony

Don't get hit.