I was just diagnosed with ADHD, I am 22. It makes a lot of sense looking back over my life, and I'm not surprised...

I was just diagnosed with ADHD, I am 22. It makes a lot of sense looking back over my life, and I'm not surprised. So I tried a friend's Adderall and really it felt wonderful, just sat and got what I needed done, wasn't impulsive or distracted. I do have a concern before I get a prescription of my own, it works great, but it is a pretty heavy stimulant and I know from experience I tend towards addictive or very habitual behavior. I already eat very well, exercise regularly, I've been struggling to make a daily habit of meditation but I do it very often. I would just like to give myself a chance of trying a natural alternative first, now that I'm sure that these symptoms of are part of a disorder and not just my inherent personality.

Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ItieANAruo8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ADHD isn't real you fucking faggot, you were just raised on jewish idiot boxes and taught to surpress whatever masculine impulses you have.

Enjoy getting addicted to a meme tier jew drug, idiot.

Ok, there is a lot of bizarre preconceptions here. I have symptoms that are clearly categorized under ADHD, whether or not you agree with the existence or specification of that disorder is a matter of psychiatristry, something I suspect you are not educated or understanding of.

I was not raised by television, if that's what you mean, I have a compulsive issue of using a bit more Internet than I would like or plan to, as I am sure every users of Veeky Forums does. I'm also quite confident that I am not only more masculine than you, but I can lift plenty more than you

You were raised by women, poorly socialized, spent too much time in front of a computer, probably too little physicality in your life, lots of repression etc.

This is not me guessing, this is true even if you may not realize it. This is the reality of growing up in a kikeified society run by women. And then you have to make up a whole bullshit field to explain all these neuroses (i.e. lifestyle disorders) that arise from the fucked up bullshit life humans have been leading since ca. the 18th century. Jews see an opportunity to sell drugs, and the stupid goyim keep falling for every damn time.

i have adhd too. i have an appointment at a psych clinic next month. what to expect? i really need the adderall because im procrastinating 24/7

Fucking legit, ADHD etc. is all bullshit. These are just "illnesses" made up by Shlomo to make parents get their kids hooked on his good goy pills.

give this vid a watch
youtube.com/watch?v=ItieANAruo8

Lmao I noticed people who get "diagnosed with ADHD" all of a sudden become like philosopher kings when it comes to talking about their made up condition. Just shut up sit down be a good little boy and take your methamphetamines for the rest of your life.

ADHD isn't real. I also "have ADHD" according to a team of doctors after evaluation. There is no such thing. The real thing goes like; you were lazy and your upbringing lacked in one or more departments, making you not being disciplined properly. This allowed you to keep being lazy, skipping school, doing everything half-assed, because you could get away with it and had no real sense of "I must do this no matter what". Combine this with free access to the internet and maybe some social misfitting and weed smoking and you've got the so common lazy unmotivated pot-head loser. After you grew up you suddenly realized that you're not happy with how your life turned out. Maybe after a weed break, maybe after something happened with your family, maybe just the (delayed) maturity and realization you can't be a piece of shit your entire life. You now want to change that, but you're in a position where you're way to used to be a lazy piece of shit for so long and your brain is used to it. Doing stuff you need to do is "hard" and "boring" and your lack of discipline makes you simply not doing it. This is where Dr. Amphetaminestein comes in and gives you a bottle of speed and some bullshit diagnose. Of course you believe it, it's so easy being able to disregard that you're a useless fucking failure and blame it all on "ADHD". No responsibility is the mantra of today, so it fits you like a glove. Is it true though? Really? Is this a "disease"? Are you honestly fundamentally different from the next guy who happened to receive proper disciplining from his fully functional parents, and who never tried drugs? No. But if you feel any better, sure go ahead blame it on God or on the tooth fairy or the patriarchy or ADHD.

> taking behaviour altering medication with a tome of side effects for a meme """"""illness"""""""

how's life in a basement?

I've tried all the "natural alternatives" and they all suck and maybe work once-twice. way to expensive for hardly no results. better off just upping your caffeine dosage.

In reality the only thing that works for me is vyvanse which I take once-twice a week. adhd medicine works but you gotta realize when you get older it's gonna fuck you up.

so either force yourself to work harder or take the jew meds like me and accept the fact when you get old you'll be fucked in the head

Caffeine is the only OTC stimulant that'll help you with focus, but the dosage you'll need to get anything accomplished isn't good for your cardiovascular health.

Most cases of adhd are not real.

I have real adhd, I stopped taking ritalin

Problem is, symptoms of real adhd are similar to symptoms of being a lazy fuck

Symptoms:
extreme forgetfulness. I'll spend 3 hours on an assignment and forget to submit it. Or I'll leave it on my desk.

Hard to keep a train of thought. I am extremely good at math, but usually I figure out how to solve a physics or math problem, go to write it down, forget, and repeat 5 times.

There are a bunch more, but those are two big ones

I actually think my brain compensated some concentration in order to have better physical intuition

Biggest part though, is that I don't cry wahhh work is so hard I need a drug to focus. I need a drug to remember to submit it, and I don't even take that drug anymore.

what you take now
I always forget texting people back

He'll talk about your history, your life in general, grades in school and everything possible that could influence everything. I had my appointment about 2 weeks ago or so and have gotten a prescription for dexamphetamine but just have to wait another 2 weeks to pass a drug test because i was smoking weed before i can get the prescription filled.

Shit, I'm pasting this. This might seem like generalization, but it's actually the truth.

>Oh shit I forgot to text Stacy
>Better pop speed and meth

Jesus fuck

Abnormal Psych Professor: "When it comes to diagnosing ADHD, I prescribe them the stimulants. If they work, they have ADHD; if they don't, they're just an asshole."

I dont. It was concerts and Ritalin, and I realized that even though it helped, it turned me into an asshole, and having friends was more important than grades. Still have a pretty good gpa anyway.

Also, I'm 90% sure it's hereditary, my dad has literally all the same symptoms

nah I do that to friends and family.get bored of people really easy. especially if it's something that's not gonna immediately benefit me

adderall makes me care more about my fellow human beings. and wanna know more about people's lives.

Also you sound like you suffer from dumbassitus, not adhd, sorry mate

Yeah, because you're fucked up on stimulants you mong.

Yeah I'm self aware man, it's why i'm here trying to improve myself.

Can adhd be acquired? I used to have concentration like no other, never distracted, always on task. Now I can't even concentrate for a full hour without daydreaming of stupid bullshit. I also hardly sleep and have a shit ton of anxiety. Help anons

Yikes. I basically tried to explain this to my therapist when I told her that I was uncomfortable with the idea of having ADHD. You nailed how I feel about myself, that's for sure.

[spoiler] it hurts [/spoiler]

>I've never spoken to a woman

>Are you honestly fundamentally different from the next guy who happened to receive proper disciplining from his fully functional parents, and who never tried drugs?
Yes. Yes, for fuck's sake, because the way we're raised affects us massively and fundamentally. Just because it's not caused by bacteria doesn't make it not a disorder. Everything you just described is exactly what the "thing" of ADHD is, and ritalin, etc. is a proven way of combating the "thing". It's real and nothing you've said contradicts that. It's just a name for a certain way of being, which happens to be improved by drugs.

Yeah but the thing is that the doctors peddling pharmaphetamine want people to believe there is some actual, physical, chemical, neurological, fundamental abnormality that people with "ADHD" have. In reality no such abnormality exists, but you can't peddle speed if you just admit that it's a tool for helping people who have grown up to be lazy dull unmotivated pieces of undisciplined shit. Calling it a disease means you can prescribe medicine, even though it's actually a behavioral issue.

They did work, amazingly, but they made me more prone to being angry.

it's called marketing my man. If we told each other the cold hard facts everybody would be mad and never buy the product.

Believing you have ADHD is just you victimizing yourself.

Have fun believing you can't be better without a drug for the rest of your life.

Just because South Park made an episode on it, doesn't mean it's true, anons.

if you have adhd, you better get yourself checked for BS also
it can be life-threatening if not taken seriouslee

Fux your sleep and your anciety. The sleeping might be due to to mych internet
Just read a comfy book before sleeping.

>I was just diagnosed with ADHD, I am 22.
oh lordy, here we go. another professional drug addict in the making. do yourself a favor and seek professionals that dont rely on being drug lords to get their patients through the day. I bet you haven't even tried some good old fashion cognitive behavioral therapy.

>I have symptoms that are clearly categorized under ADHD
a lot of the population in general experiences symptoms of "ADHD", they're not special
>the existence or specification of that disorder is a matter of psychiatristry
>psychiatristry
oh my god. how stupid do you have to be. first off spelling, second off psychiatrists are the ones who go to medical school to prescribe actual drugs- the term youre actually looking for is psychology. and on top of that diagnostic standards for psychology are not constant around the world, there are diagnosis in the U.K. that don't exist here in America. The dsm-5 is updated yearly and diagnoses change all the time, they are not given facts set in stone by any means whatsoever.
>I have a compulsive issue of using a bit more Internet than I would like or plan to
again, not an uncommon problem among the general populace. having a problem that common in the populace does not qualify as a diagnosis.
>quite confident that I am not only more masculine than you
wtf does this even mean? ideals of masculinity can vary wildly, and I have a strong feeling your ideal of masculinity is a joke.
> I can lift plenty more than you
again, you sound like retard trying to be social and giving horrible "come backs"
basically you're not "ADHD", youre just retarded.

You don't have ADHD unless they specifically checked for the genetic defect that causes it.

ADHD is actually extremely rare, and the dude who discovered the condition said he'd made a terrible mistake by allowing the medical community at large to run rampant with the condition.

>"ADHD is a prime example of a fabricated disorder," Eisenberg said. "The genetic predisposition to ADHD is completely overrated."

>Instead, child psychiatrists should more thoroughly determine the psychosocial reasons that can lead to behavioral problems, Eisenberg said. Are there fights with parents, are there are problems in the family? Such questions are important, but they take a lot of time, Eisenberg said, adding with a sigh: "Prescribe a pill for it very quickly."

>SPIEGEL: In the 1960s, mental disorders were virtually unknown among children. Today, official sources claim that one child in eight in the United States is mentally ill.

>Kagan: That's true, but it is primarily due to fuzzy diagnostic practices. Let's go back 50 years. We have a 7-year-old child who is bored in school and disrupts classes. Back then, he was called lazy. Today, he is said to suffer from ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). That's why the numbers have soared.

>SPIEGEL: Experts speak of 5.4 million American children who display the symptoms typical of ADHD. Are you saying that this mental disorder is just an invention?

>Kagan: That's correct; it is an invention. Every child who's not doing well in school is sent to see a pediatrician, and the pediatrician says: "It's ADHD; here's Ritalin." In fact, 90 percent of these 5.4 million kids don't have an abnormal dopamine metabolism. The problem is, if a drug is available to doctors, they'll make the corresponding diagnosis.

If you want to get hopped up on legal meth, be my guest. Trade the problems of today for problems in the future.

thank you for not just going along with the diagnosis and making a decision based on your own thoughts and feelings. too many people are willing to be herded like sheep, fed pills, and told what to think. I've seen this "adhd" bullshit do the same thing and destroy my sister

try having some discipline instead of taking a pill that will either make you a shitty person or fry your brain.

I've never met a person who takes adderal who acts like an actual person.

ADHD isn't the inability to focus. It's the brain not releasing dopamine when you focus on things, so you don't have that internal reward system. You can still train your brain to focus, you just don't feel rewarded for doing so.

If meditation can cure your disorder, it's not an actual disorder. adderal is suppose to be a way to train your brain to get in the habit of focusing, but no one uses it like that, and doctors don't prescribe it like that. they want you using it for the rest of your life.

OP, don't listen to the jackasses here who are going to say that ADHD isn't a real thing.

However: Don't think of it as some sort of disease or mental illness, either, and unless you've got a severely debilitating case of it, you don't really need to be on Adderall.

What you need to do is to develop coping mechanisms for it, and most of all, you need to learn how Hyperfocus works, because once you do, you can use it to your advantage. Basically, anything that interests you can cause you to hyperfocus on it, and while you're in that mode, your effective IQ with regards to that interest goes up significantly -- but only so long as you stay interested in whatever it is. So the trick is to find ways to make anything you have to do interesting to you. Making something otherwise boring and to you (like a dull, repetitive task, which is the worst for someone with ADD or ADHD) into a game of sorts is one way to leverage Hyperfocus, and make that dull repetitive task go quicker for you, and get it done better than you would have otherwise.

Also, if you have ADHD, then lots of physical exercise, especially in some sort of competitive sport, is good for your brain as well as your body. Doing things that require you to sit around a lot doing very little physically is the absolute worst thing for you.

I was diagnosed with ADHD much later in life than you are, and the doc that diagnosed it said I'd "developed remarkable coping skills", but still knowing connected the dots, I had that same "Ah, ha!" moment you must have had, where so many things that didn't make sense suddenly made all sorts of sense why they happened.

Do your research, resist taking drugs for it unless nothing else works, and as hard as it'll be to start with, have patience with learning to deal effectively with the way your brain is wired.

So many retards pretending to know what they are talking about.
Simply put, adhd is the best understood mental disorder. And don't take medical advice from this on an anonymouse african natural hair exchange forum, idiot.

There's been research that suggests that ADD/ADHD aren't 'disorders' or 'diseases' per se, but just different brain wiring geared towards a totally different time in human evolutionary history, and that it's not particularly compatible with the demands of the modern world. Which is why I made the suggestions I made to the OP:

I've read the research and it is kinda probable that adhd once was a trait which was selected for in a nomadic society. But it's not us anymore. Today having adhd means, on average, worse performance in collage, 5-8 times more likely to die in an accident, higher rates of anxiety and depression, more prone to drug abuse, higher divorce rate and so on.

And that comment wasn't directed at you, senpai.

I am a third year medical student with mild adhd. Would not recommend taking adhs drugs sporadically. If you are using stimulants, a long term use is easier on your heart because it adapts to more sympathetic stimulation. If OP is taking atamoxetine-take it regulary. Sportsand stuff the other guy mentioned can work wonders. For further reading see Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology

I think flu vaccines and bad diets cause autism(i also dont believe in autism)

red pill me Veeky Forums

I don't believe the child is at fault, but it's epigenetic trauma from a mother who ate shitty, took birth control/SSRIs and lived in a polluted area.

You don't "Believe" in autism? What the fuck does that mean?

fucking joking me kid? Coke and meth make you LOVE talking to people. This actually means you don't have ADHD you fucking retard. Let me know when you do some meth or pop some adderall and get hyper focused and feel like studying instead of socializing. Jesus you are fucking dumb.

OP, milk your ADHD diagnosis for all its worth.

Ritalin is an amazing appetite suppressant, helps you focus on whatever you want to focus on, etc. It's like caffeine, but a thousand times better. You just need to learn to handle and dose yourself properly.

And you can always sell any surplus you might have for mad cash to friends/college students, assuming you're in a country where you're getting it for free via healthcare.

(t. a guy who has been prescribed ritalin, amphetamine, concerta and adderall over the past 15 years)

Does concerta work as a pwo? When I take the 52 mg on the morning I'm Gr8 all day. Curious about what would happen if I took a 36 ml splited by half.

Stop writing so much, and go lift. Then go run for 20 minutes.

Haven't taken concerta in a long time now. It's a long-lasting, slow-release drug, so I would assume you'll want to just take it in the morning.