Who here /stalled/ on the bench? what do?

Who here /stalled/ on the bench? what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gain weight.

I mean. Fitness is only fatness with and I.

Weighted dips

b-but muh aesthetics. Im scared of getting fat senpai. Do I have to eat more to binch more?

this

also nice dubs

No.
But the added mass from your fatness will reduce ROM and thus making the movement easier for you.

>implying you care about aesthetics in the first place

if you care about your bench number you probably look like shit anyway.

If you work under the 12 rep range you should reconsider your life.

You can do steroids

stop benching heavy for a while, do 10 to 15 reps. use the 5 and 2.5lbs weights. worked for me to get back to benching lmao3pl8 after taking some time off from lifting.

if you already has a good shoulder and triceps yes, you will need to eat more to lift more, if not, do dips and weighted dips

I thought this was a meme

I will try this

Incline bench + more volume + eat more

Try switching to dumbbell press instead. It allows the to hit higher weights and then when you fail you can just drop the weight. Been climbing with that and haven't looked back. Plus my chest is finally growing.

>best set 90kgx5
>get stuck
>start doing paused bench 80x5
>Increase weight every week
>now 100x5

Should I have a separate day for incline? Im usually smoked after regular bench..

>what do?
do triceps isolation exercises, maybe add some chest.
weighted dips, skull crushers ... etc.

Depends on what the rest of your training is like.

I have my own days for variations over the weeks.

pause reps

WHO????

Accumulate fatigue. Do a few weeks where you do 70-80% of your 1rm and do 30+ reps at your working weight each session. Then slowly drop it off so you increase the % of your 1rm while decreasing the # of reps. Follow with stuff like cgbp, skullcrushers, db bench, and spoto press. Should take about a month or two. Then work up to and attempt a new 1rm.

Ok so whats the deal with paused reps? are they a meme? why does resting the weight on my chest for a short amount of time make them any better???

its just been PPLXPPL for 2 months now. Ive been in a rut where it seems like Im always lifting the same weight and it never feels any lighter

You don't rely on bouncing it off your sternum
It forces you to learn how to actually remain tight under the bar(aka not shit form)
They're the best bench assistance along with close grip if lockout is your weakness

Stalling on bench? Bench more. Use less weight, more volume. Don't substitute barbell bench press for dumbbell bench press. Do both. Don't stop benching and do incline. Do both. Just less weight, more volume.

Ultimately, you're stalling because the weight is increasing faster than your body can handle and thus you're slowing down. The bench press uses a lot more than just the chest, so introduce some variety where you hit your triceps, shoulders and chest differently and you'll start to see gains.

bump the weight up anyway

remember ppl is about building size. measure your arm/leg thickness and see if youre getting resuts

>PPL

There's your problem. That shit sucks for gaining strength.

fantastic photo ! after !!!!!

How long should I pause? I feel like im going to look like a dingus

Whats a better program then? I just chose ppl so I could be in the gym more often and not want to kill myself 2bh lads

Add less weight.

Get ahold of some microplates (.5kg or 1lb if you're Amerifat.)

Remember, the muscles you're using to bench are significantly smaller than the ones you use to squat or deadlift. They can't accomodate the same amount of added weight after a certain point.

Let it come to a complete stop. Just 1 second. You won't look dumb this is very standard practice of benching to non retards

Nothing they're meming you
You could reduce accessory sets and do lower rep sets on compounds if you wanted to gain more strength

It's not a meme you mong. If OP really wanted to gain strength, he'd hop on a strength or powerlifting program, not some meme bodybuilding program used by DYELs.

add drop sets

>I thought this was a meme

No, it being a "meme" was a "meme"

It's a weighted exercise that targets chest and tris what's not to like

i found two things that helped, 1 is doing dips a lot of them, try mixing high reps/bodyweight and high weight/low reps, the second thing is that i was doing bench 5x5 a the beginning of my routine, i simply lowered the weight and started doing 5x8 with more control adding 2x1kg per session, hope it helps

Don't listen to this idiot. An U/L split is just fine and objectively the best natty daily routine.

Oh great the "PPL is a meme" meme
Nah if you actually have decent form you can make great strength and aesthetics gains
Muscle hypertrophy is driven by volume and greater hypertrophy = greater strength

Sure there are better powerlifting programs but you can't just do 3x5s endlessly and hope for a great bench

Fuck U/L programs desu
You have to spend a fucking lifetime on upper and 45 minutes on lower because of the disproportionate amount of muscle groups compared to the lower body

>45 minutes on lower body

Do you know how I can tell you don't squat or deadlift above 2pl8?

Not that guy but he has a point, you can basically cover your lower body needs with just 2 lifts. I like to throw in ab work with lower body to compensate

Paused bench, incline bench & dips.
Also add an extra bench day. I recently started benching 3x a week instead of two. Almost instantly added 5kg to 1rm.

Tbh I'm weak as shit but can rep squat and deadlift for 3+pl8s
If you do leg day twice a week and do 3x5 squats and 1x5 deadlifts (you can certainly do more and I did when I ran it) you'll be done in less than half the time of upper body
Some of us aren't fat shits with no work capacity so I don't need 10 minutes to rest from my 5 rep squat cardio

Yes, I'm aware, but squats and deadlifts, and their variations depending on what you do, can take an hour each if you're actually moving a respectable amount of weight. Throw in some core/lower body assistance/isolations, and it'll still take you 90+ minutes. Upper body you can do 1 vertical and horizontal press and pull, and one or two pressing or pulling accessory and it'll take you the same amount of time.

I squat your deadlift for more reps than you can deadlift it. I didn't have to rest very long when I was moving weight like you are now, but as the weights get higher the time required to rest between sets lengthens. Up until I hit about 350 for my deadlift during warmups and 275 for my squats I finish the set, load up the weight and unrack it.

Who the fuck is she?

So what your saying is were both weak shits

You're really focusing on the wrong point desu

Yeah U/L is definitely workable, it's just not the greatest split imo, especially if you're doing bodybuilding type shit with a ton of isolations.

Not him but I rest 3-5 min 2pl8. How's that?

This kids and their memes

Who is this semen demon?

Average as fuck

Average by Veeky Forums standards. Normies spazz out over a 2pl8 bench.

My nofap NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can confirm. My friends hear that I 5x5 225lbs and it's like magic to them. I just don't think that they have a reference level for what a high-level powerlifter is expected to bench press.

You don't have to do a whole two thousand plus calories. Also, extra calories don't actually mean extra weight, if you burn more calories.

Assumed that poster referred to Squat/Deadlift

So do you do deadlift and squat every other leg day? I dont really understand

Shit. I'm illiterate.

who is that boner condoner?

>Fuck U/L programs desu
>You have to spend a fucking lifetime on upper and 45 minutes on lower because of the disproportionate amount of muscle groups compared to the lower body

This was the biggest reason I switched to a PPL myself. Even with RDLs and calf raises thrown in on lower day, it was still stupid fast compared to my upper day. Now on PPL the times for all days are pretty comparable.

Was your lower day just squats and deadlifts?

I don't get people like you. What's wrong with aiming for numbers on the compounds and doing lower reps (e.g. 5x5)?
Surely if you're doing accessories you're going to get bigger and look more aesthetic.

When I did a U/L split I would squat twice a week and do front squat and deadlift on the same day, once a week.

High bar squats super set with calf raises
Deadlifts
RDLs

I added in some forearm work after a couple months just to justify the effort of getting to the gym.

OP plz

Kills the stretch reflex, making it a lot harder without affecting much recovery or needing heavy weights.
Also good to train form, and the time under tension gives a nice pump.

2 8
F R E E
R
E
E
P R O G R A M S
R
O
G
R
A
M
S

that chart makes no fucking sense and doesn't prove anything about which is most effective. nor does it even cite a source.

kys

Don't rest the bar on your chest - instead support it an inch off your chest. This keeps your back/lats/shoulders tight as fuck, which helps you on the turn around when you're doing your standard bench press. Control/power generation.

The whole point is tightness at the bottom.

OP you got more pics like this?

What could be the reason that my right hand always tilts back during bench? I can easily keep the bar in line with my left wrist, but the right side always falls back on my palm. If anything my right wrist should be marginally stronger from jacking off.

How do some people do bench without even tucking their back properly? That's got to hurt their shoulders. If my back isn't entirely pinched, tight, and arched, my shoulders get fucked up doing bench. When it's tucked I feel totally fine.

I've been stuck at 210 for 3 workouts and I don't feel good about increasing it five pounds. 3x5

If I increase my reps to let's say 8, what would I deload my weight to?

I dont know who she is. But glistening party sluts are my fetish. I agree shes stunning though. I dont have anymore of her

I have the same problem exactly. Then I end up trying to correct it midlift and it messes me all up

I weigh 170lbs and have been stuck at 185lbs for fucking ever, off and on, off and on.

Anyone else here stuck at that plateau? Is that the common plateau? I've only ever gotten past it once, and then I zoomed up to 235-245 in no time. Quit working out for a while, now I'm back at it. But getting over that 185-195 hump is a killer.

The file name says IMG_ faggot, I know you're holding out on us.

If you want to read about this:
strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

>implying any of you actually care about this and aren't just shitposting

That girl is alegit 10.

lol @ people suggesting random accessories without knowing where / why you're failing.

Need more info. How high is your volume already? What weight are you? What weight is your bench? What accessories are you doing? Where do you fail -- on the chest, off the chest, lockout? How much you eating?

HAVING said all that. More volume and more food is normally a good starting point.

what is this "volume" meme and why do I need it?

I weight 180, bench 250. Ive been doing ppl for a while and on push day, Ill usually either do a 5x5 or standard 3x10. After that Ill hit a few sets of shoulders and then some tricep work. Usually pushdowns or close grip bench. I think I eat enough.. I also never miss workouts

Volume creates fatigue, fatigue forces your body to adjust and adapt. Once you've accumulated fatigue and let it bleed off you'll be stronger to put it simply.

Basically volume is reps x sets x weight.

So you're benching once a week. Which is fuck all. Double your weekly volume.

/thread.

drink chocolate milk before work out

yeah I know what volume IS dipshit. I mean why should I do it. how does it benefit my strength. what's the reasoning behind it

>I know what volume is
>Proceed to show you know nothing about what it actually is
Too bad you can't google this question, I'm sure no one has ever asked it before.

Hurr Durr I know what it is -- I don't know what it is.

Go find out yourself you pathetic person.

>le google it

fuck off Veeky Forums if you're not going to help people you neckbeard faggots. go back to /plg/

Hearthily kek'd, I shall give this a try tho

But only because chocolate milk is great

>call people 'dipshit'
>expect them to spend their time giving you advice
>are autistic

>mfw /plg/ looks better and is stronger than you

Whenever I stall, i start doing some extra exercise for that. For example
>stall on OHP
Do some extra lat raises
>stall on pullups
Do some extra curls
etc.

Idk why but that has always worked so far. Plus eat well obviously.

that's not a paused reps though, that's a spotopress

>gets offended on Veeky Forums

pick related is my dick right now

>ppl is a meme
>lifting for strength isnt

Wow user