Does god suffer?

Does god suffer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8A0ZIc6-0Pg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hopefully

I would imagine so

This question has literally been discussed since medieval times and the conclusion most scholars agreed on was that yes, god does indeed suffer.

only to ascend to higher forms of Godhood. The rest of the time its anger at humans that might be considered suffering by how much he hates their impiety.

only on crosses

I would suffer if I was an irrelevent volcano demon that eats foreskin

>the jews be keeping the pagans down
i imagine he killed them all and started over

LOL

Why won't he intervene then?

I thought god loves us?

the way the past few god threads been going is that he is literally anything and everything
so he might as well be locked in his own prophecy unable to do anything
only way to try and generalize the ridiculous size of space because he still has to be omnipotent

God gave us the freedom to make mistakes. We couldn't be free without him, but we wouldn't be free if he was there to fix everything all of the time.

Seeing as throughout the Bible every little thing triggers him I imagine he is in a state of perpetual, blinding pain every day at this point.

Actually fixin to get a lapdance with
this hot chick at Baby Dolls Saloon.

She'll make you suffer! :-)

God's suffering...

fpbp

No Im sure an all powerful being would remove biological weaknesses like feeling sadness.

Deus est ipso esse subsistens. God is purely spiritual, as material things have potentiality to be other things, meaning imperfections. As God is the unmoved mover, he cannot have potentiality, and thus is immaterial. Suffering is an imperfection, and is relegated to only effect material things with potentiality, as something which can suffer can also NOT suffer. Ergo, God is entirely separate from suffering.

How about wrath and anger?

Can mental constructs suffer?

your psyche will once you get cursed with a mental illness for blasphemy

Yes.

He suffers my farts haha. I know that bearded cunt can smell em from way up high.

Dog Bless

Tell me, why does he wear the chain?

For you.

He loves us, so when we spurn his love, it hurts him!

Yes

>Seeing as throughout the Bible every little thing triggers him I imagine he is in a state of perpetual, blinding pain every day at this point.

God is in pain as well as vengeful because you won't get rid of that disgusting, vile, murderous, slanderous, blasphemous book.

There are natural laws humans are subject to as members of the animal kingdom - as such, that book is kind of an "Achilles heel" in the sense that God cannot prevent you from using the book by natural law. Mortals cannot prevent God from taking vengeance on those who use/teach the book.

youtube.com/watch?v=8A0ZIc6-0Pg

That's a complete falsity. Most scholars since medieval times say that God doesn't suffer.
Pure actuality can't suffer.

No

I would too suffer looking at my finest creation.

our existence is circumstantial evidence that he suffers from boredom, and indeed, literally everything that we find interesting or distracting is something he had to dream up, or at least find in the chaos

people who have children understand the concerns that follow that fact, and they sometimes understand the horror of rejection, or permanent separation from your hope and desire concerning the future

and then there is the fear, the knowledge that you are the foundation of everything, that reality itself is simply a projection of your mind, and that nothing whatsoever lies outside that thing which you have imagined into existence, "beginning and end," indeed

how exactly DOES one exist forever, when there is nothing else besides yourself? how do you propagate or sustain yourself?