Is moderate alcohol consumption really good for you...

Is moderate alcohol consumption really good for you, or it is just pseudo-science funded by the alcohol industry to increase sales?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_cardiovascular_disease
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not really the alcohol, it's the grapes.

Alcohol and sugar is bad
You can live perfectly fine without both

Alright this is wiki, but hear me out here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_cardiovascular_disease

>There is a lack of medical consensus about whether moderate consumption of beer, wine, or distilled spirits has a stronger association with heart disease. Studies suggest that each is effective, with none having a clear advantage. Most researchers now believe that the most important ingredient is the alcohol itself.[20][21]
>the most important ingredient is the alcohol itself

and

>The American Heart Association has reported that "More than a dozen prospective studies have demonstrated a consistent, strong, dose-response relation between increasing alcohol consumption and decreasing incidence of CHD (coronary heart disease). The data are similar in men and women in a number of different geographic and ethnic groups. Consumption of one or two drinks per day is associated with a reduction in risk of approximately 30% to 50%".[22]
>reduction in risk of approximately 30% to 50%

That is a fucking MASSIVE reduction in chance of dying (if true).

Good thing I drink 70+ units of alcohol a week

I read once that a beer at night for athletes training is good, but like one or two beers, not five or six. This is also only good if you can take the calories if you're cutting or in a sport like wrestling where you must make weight probably not the best idea to drink 100-some calories

Alcohol is bad for you.

I love drinking, but it's much mentally and physically safety just to stay away

Sad days

im gonna go have a beer...

Who care? Alcohol makes you feel good. Just don't overdo it. I personally have nip of scotch before bed most nights. I haven't been drunk in a while, but it helps me relax.

Moderate alcohol consumption can reduce the risk of heart disease pretty significantly, but too much actually increases the risk. From what I've seen that doesn't happen until the 7+ drinks a day levels though. SeeAlso wine and Reservatrol are absolute memes, all alcohol shows this benefit.

> Is moderate alcohol consumption really good for you, or it is just pseudo-science funded by the alcohol industry to increase sales?

Depends on if you want a little bit of alcohol in your life or not. Do you like its taste, and its effects? If so, have a little alcohol every once in a while. Get drunk, even, if that's your thing. Don't forget that you're going to die.

The only fact you should trust in is that moderate drinking won't harm you.

Everything about reducing the risk of CHD is debatable. Any alcohol consumption will increase the chance of heart failure, liver disease, cancer and many other diseases.

Someone at work had two weeks holiday and literally drank every single day for the two weeks, he ended up in hospital because his liver was shutting down followed by other organs and died three days later.

Alcohol is a poison.

alcohol is beneficial, as it lowers blood pressure and (although not very well) can emulsify fatty deposits in the vessels.
However, too much alcohol allows acetaldehyde to build up, which reacts with proteins and makes them ineffective. Along with this, alcohol in excess causes more fat to be synthesised.
So drinking in moderation is good.

>Any alcohol consumption will increase the chance of heart failure, liver disease, cancer and many other diseases.
>Any alcohol consumption

Straight edge faggots are as liars as vegans.

>drinking 24\7 is bad for you

Who would have thought.

It can slightly lower your risk of developing heart disease, but also increases your risk of developing cancer.

Alcohol is literally poison for the human body, it's not meant to be consumed by humans at all and it has zero benefits for you

It's the same thing with processed sugar

This is going to blow your mind, OP. You ready?

>you have alcohol in your system RIGHT NOW
Our body produces its own alcohol with the fermentation of carbohydrates in our digestive system.

Go eat a fruit you paleo cultist fuck

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis

>You can live perfectly fine without both
I can't live a good life without alcohol tbhwyfam

>trying to compare alcohol that's produced in your body naturally to external alcohol consumption

Grasping at straws here

Certain milk products like Kefir also contain alcohol but it's percentage is so low that you might as well not count it

Why don't you try to say how I'm wrong instead of throwing insults around, I'm sure you will have no problems showing how wrong I am