This neverending Modernity

its a comin user, be ready

we are post-modern

oh boy do i hate a high quality of life and modern healthcare

Its a boring period in time because of the lack of wars affecting relevant countries.

>High quality of life
Drug addiction, obesity, a 50% divorce rate, terrorism, censorship, and endless amounts of pollution is not a high quality of life. It is creeping death

the baby-boomer will not understand your words and simply rattle off the 'progress' of letting rapefugess into your country and passing mandatory nigger quotas

>Drug addiction

nobody's forcing you

>obesity

Get hiking fatass.

>50% divorce rate

>getting married

>terrorism

As throughout history.

>censorship

lol

>pollution

Would you rather it be 1910 because you're apparently happy breathing in coal dust for the sake of being a "relevant generation"?

yeah, if only we could go back in time, i bet you think the 1950's were a flawless utopia huh?

The quality of life is as high as it's ever been on Earth, is it perfect? No. Will it ever be perfect? No. But you'd have to be quite the narrow-minded pessimist to put up a compelling argument against modernity

>The quality of life is as high as it's ever been on Earth
lol. I bet you read a graph that told you that

>believes in the progress meme
>hurr durr all technological advancement is good
>muh stuff!1

Can’t waut til Boomerscum leave us

>literally get jailed for a tweet

>yeah, if only we could go back in time, i bet you think the 1950's were a flawless utopia huh?
The 50's were a time of consumerism and false utopia, no I am not your strawman

Feel free to prove me wrong

those are proof that people's qulaity of life has gone down. No, to twist your heathonous baby-boomer tounge into nots
>drafts to fight in Vietnam
>CONTRA that staves americans of oil
>womens sufferage that caused hillary to spark a civil war in this country
>plagues of cancer, aids, ebola, diabetes are all incurable and terminal
>niggers murder each other in civil wars
>the middle east makes mountains of corpses
>degenerates get burned alive in califrnia wildfires caused by their own criminal policies
>abortion is legalized and subsidized by the state

It's coming to an end. The political and ideological strains are showing in the structure, which just leaves the economic foundation to collapse, and it will, as it assumes infinite growth on a finite plane.

>but dude iPhone X!

>Drug addiction
Stop doing drugs then.
>obesity
Better than mass famines
>50% divorce rate
>Pretending this matter is worth caring about at all
> terrorism
Incomparably better than routine total wars
>censorship
The fact that you even know about censorship shows how less censored your life is than past people's
>endless amounts of pollution
Pollution is far better managed now than it ever has been throughout history
>is not a high quality of life. It is creeping death
If this is creeping death, then the past was lightning death.

>Reddit spacing
Ew
>Nobody is forcing you
Yet everyone is doing it. Why? Even if no one is forcing you, does choosing to poison yourself make it any better?
>Obesity is not a problem, and the only people who see excess as an issue are fat
6ft and have a 3pl8 deadlift thank you very much
>Getting married is a problem
An hero consumerist
>Lol censorship
An hero conformist
>1910
You realize that is the modern age as well?

So many strawmen, so much ad hom, such little self awareness

the people of the USA cry out in pain for change to previous times.

>I wish I lived in [PAST YEAR PRE-1990]

Top fucking jej, lads. You'd be fucked.

>No internet
How much time to spend each day doing things which require an internet connection?

>No worries, I'd find other things to do
You'd suddenly be able to cope without it? You'd suddenly be A-OK being limited entirely to what information you can gather from the place that you are and the media/people in it?

>No more sjws!!!!
Yikes, that's not good. A far less progressive society is killer to a lot of the people on this site. You're a man? I hope you work hard, know a lot about manual labour/cars/DIY. I hope you have a decent education, and if not, some sort of stable job.
You'd best be able to drive, too.

>Girls were BETTER back then
Sure, girls would cook, clean, and do all the domestic stuff. But they were also a lot pickier. You need to not only be attractive, but have prospects. The "skinny indie quiet guy" is no longer an option, nor is the "kind of overweight underachiever who's really nice."

Your arguments would have to be made in person as opposed to over the internet, your lifestyle would probably be wholly unsupported, and you'd likely go stir crazy from no longer being able to do the things you rely on so heavily.

>but silly user, if I was born then I'd be used to all that?
You'd be a different person entirely. YOU don't want to live back then, you just don't like who you are now so you wish you could have existed at a time when society molded you a little more, as opposed to today's "be whoever you want" thing, which you obviously fucked up.

>Stop doing drugs then.
Tu quoque. Of course. I think the issue I was talking about was excess consumerism and a lack of social capital but go ahead and be a brainlet
>Mass famine is less likely in the modern age
No
>The fact that you aware of censorship means censorship is not an issue
Imagine being this stupid
>Pollution is far better managed now
No... Just no. Are you insane?
>The past was a time of nothing but war famine and death
When will this meme end?

>the soyboy cries out in pain that he taken from his state-subsidized proganda and john-greene tier whores who
america is awaking from the dream the baby-boomers read to them as children.

>Oh no you couldn't use the internet
It's the modernity is just technology kind of user. Okay. Yes, excessive internet use is bad, no access to information is not bad.
>Degredation in social capital is muh SJW's
Fucking hang yourself, why is it that any kind of criticism about modernity is met with this same strawman?
>You need to not only be attractive, but have prospects
Getting married was about love and producing children not individual merits, people back then were uglier, shorter, and poorer. Where this meme that in ancient times men had to be stronk Aryan athletes and geniuses comes from is beyond me. It was about community
>That pseudo psychoanalysis and ad hominem
Stop projecting

is this the /pol/ memethread

You know why modern times suck? There is no where that the average man can go and explore, no where for the adventurous to go, no where to see something truly new.

>I'm not a loser, it's SOCIETIES FAULT

Have you considered that right now, even in industrialized countries, there are people with stable nuclear families, a strong sense of community, and optimism in the future?

Go be one of those people so I can get back to pointless arguments about early modern metallurgy.

PS, you could totally build a cannon with Roman technology.

No it's the leddit meme thread where any criticism of modern life is met with
>Tu quoque
>Ad hominem
And my favorite
>Mr strawman

>Have you considered that right now, even in industrialized countries, there are people with stable nuclear families, a strong sense of community, and optimism in the future
Yet you can't give any statistical about modern volumes stable nuclear families vs that in previous generations, and in the US alone the divorce rate is about 50%?

It's 30% for first marriages.

It's mostly the frequent fliers divorcing over and over again that inflate the stats.

Ultimately, the way you're going to change society is by choosing to live a different life than your forebears did.

you are illiterate and screeching words doesn't make them true because I never said that.
>community
gay. They should all be more roman and not give two shits about their neighbors as far charity/liking them goes
>nuclear family
sounds good, byut divorce, womens sufferage etc. dont help and should be destroyed.
>optimism
thats a good thing to have, hope they're willing to bleed for it because thats the only path to improving your situation.

The degeneracy of these fake-christians has wound its way though the USA and cost it dearly, in lives, and prestige. We no longer conquer land, we no longer rely upon ourselves, we no longer have an undivided nation and instead are calling for violent coups showing that times need to change from our current radical progressive times.

>Because people divorcing over and over again should be ignored
>Still with the reddit spacing
Social capital is declining whether you want to admit it or not

The biggest criticism of modern society is that parents don't beat the shit out of people like OP for being smarmy cunts.

Literally doesn't matter if it's good or not. Agrarian traditional meme societies have about as good a chance as hunter-gatherer societies at surviving in an industrial world.

Traditional societies are dead as the dodo.

Not to mention, if we were going to go back in time it would make more sense to be hunter-gatherers. Agrarian society was horrible.

baby-boomers would start protesting vietnam if they had to fight anyone, including children

what the fuck are you talking about
an actual argument would be "calling me a loser doesnt make drugs and obesity not problems"

Thank the gods

>People who advocate for traditional lives have to advocate for anarcho primitivism a priori

>Getting married was about love and producing children
I'm perfectly happy to criticise modernity but jesus christ how naive are you. Marriage in the past was not about love. Marriages were basically all arranged between families in order to benefit their social status and material wealth.

But you aren't really offering any arguments, unlike people here. Furthermore, you aren't offering any hard data which could somewhat confirm your view is somehow correct.
You're just spouting buzzwords and calling people soyboys.
Even though, given the style of your writing, you are a fucking soyboy.

except when you disgusting amerisharts argue for a traditional life, it means a completely memetic version of history you learned from watching cowboy films.

you are a foul-mouthed whore and need to learn from the beginning how all of your heroes are whores. And all your technology is shit. All of your convictions are hubris, and all of your desires will be unfulfilled for being so stupid you think that contemporary humans are the best they've ever been.
read
for some of the reasons why boomer filth like you are getting genocided by God by their own children.

traditions isn't the same as traditionalism you illiterate christcuck

>for being so stupid you think that contemporary humans are the best they've ever been
When, in your opinion, were the humans best?
Seriously, say something concrete so we can rip apart your childish arguments. Right now you're just screeching like a classic spoiled middle-class American brat about some shit you never experienced.

that happens no more than ever actually. Read about india's arranged marriages. along with islamic ones.

Why do people in this thread confuse Modernity with modern technology?

People routinely laugh at Communists and SJWs for believing in some sort of linear history where we progress to some utopia but apparently being unable to separate technological advancement and the soullessness of modern society is okay.

go live in the woods instead of dragging everyone else down to your troglodyte level

>How naive are you
>Love is a modern invention and every relationship in the past was a machiavellian arrangement to increase the power of one family
People like you are why fedora memes exist. No, just because there were dowries and a strong emphasis on family does not mean marriage was founded as a means for power alone. If you're going to cut yourself on that edge, make the cuts vertical plz

>were the humans best
They previous apex was Pax Britannica at the height of colonial empires shortly before the formation of Germany as an empire.
>i ahve already you are a child you are like you never
baby-boomers love to project. How about you eat shit and die like all the other progressive whores in Vietnam and in the ghettos to this day.

>soullessness
In what way?

>gay. They should all be more roman and not give two shits about their neighbors as far charity/liking them goes
wut

>sounds good, byut divorce, womens sufferage etc. dont help and should be destroyed.
Sounds awful desu

>hope they're willing to bleed for it because thats the only path to improving your situation.
See how violent savages get treated in the modern world. You'll be locked up, patronised and emasculated, treated as a semi-person and labelled "mentally ill". Any shred of respect or dignity you once had will be out the window as people treat you as a curiosity. This will be seen as a kindness that Industrial Society is willing to bestow on you because it is so much more powerful than you could ever hope to be.

You seem to think savagery is strength. Savagery is what happens when you are too poor and weak to afford a clean victory.

Hard to define. But the amount of suicides, people just dropping out of society completely and an increase in reactionary ideologies are clear symptoms that modern society is not healthy to the human animal.

>People who advocate for traditional lives have to advocate for anarcho primitivism a priori
not what I said. Anarcho-primitivism is a better idea than reactionary traditionalism though.

If your point is that you can have an agrarian culture with an industrial society then... lel

Mfw we just entered post modernity and I hate it almost as much as modernity.

you don't understand what savagery is, obviously. Christcucks think they're prophets for some reason, but only your piety, which is mainly brought through suffering, and requires suffering, can improve your life. Which means you fight as a hero on the behalf of God. Savages just means inferior peoples, which is impossible, because im Jewish and you are godless filth. That I have sluaghtered before and will slaughter, upon the rocks, your whole impious shit-tier family, until you learn.

traditionalists cannot be reactionaries because it is a progressive act to give a person the rights over government. And because there is nothing to react to, as democracies and republics are the stepping stones to a kingdom.

>He continues the reddit spacing
Back to /r/AskHistorians you go.
>You can't have modern technology and pro-environmental ethics code
Sauce?

People live their lives without being able to serve any actual higher meaning than making someone else money or death for some post-national country's economic geopolitical interests.

Basically life has become about struggle for money instead of struggle for one's own kin or cause.

Shitposting belongs on /b/

don't preach to me whore

>struggle for somone else's benefit or a state's geopolitical interests.
>this is bad
>Struggle for someone else' beneft or a state's geopolitical interests
>this gives my life meaning

Can I connect your two posts?
Suicide rates in Victorian England were higher than they are today.
Life was worse for literally everyone. Upper classes obviously lived far better, but upper class in those days is like upper middle class today.
So (addressing first guy), what the fuck are you arguing for you dense cunt?
If you can't be powerful in modern age, if you can't bend people to your will, when everyone around you is a ''libtard'' and ''soyboy'', what the fuck makes you think you would thrive in a far more cutthroat surrounding?
I'm from fucking Balkans, and I traveled a lot, and when I see you Western kids cry how hard you have it, I cringe so hard.
Kill yourself you dumb nigger. You don't know how good you have it. Go to some emo website and write sad poetry there, and stop shitting up this board.

But no, you aren't powerful, you aren't smart, you're just some weak pussy who wants to feel strength through group, and you're crying because you think your group is shit.
Grow some balls and fix your faults, or just hang yourself. Your posts reek of weakness and delusion.

you're still projecting you moron. labelling me with all the garbage you spew when you whine about how hard the 'balkans' are.
>you are the flawed one
this is why the balkans are such shit to this day, they refuse to take any responsibility for what is going on, a lack of participiation on the government to make a more pious one is part of why genocide and warfare is endemic to the region to this day. You all decide you won't care what goes on, while your churches commit blasphemy, and you quote retarded 'statistics' that are shit because empirical evidence itself is shit.
>you're weak
ill kill your whole family you stupid son of a bitch not everyone is a fucking nigger from the balkans
>you can't be powerful
peopel don't actually want power for the most part, or they'd be declaring themselves kings and beginning the vote to becoem kings
>what do you want
for people to stop being barbarians and begin the process to forming a society that rejects baby-boomer social engineering, kings, nobility, aristocracy, warfare, conquest, the white mans burden.
>life was worse
it was better because emperors and such would prevent massive civil wars across the world along with giant failures in government that lead to unlawful genocides like those in somalia.

the stuff after enigneering is more of what i want.

>empirical evidence itself is shit
>MUH FEEELS
How does it feel to be an edgier SJW, only you'll never see a vagina in your life?

you are stuck in the plato's cave

You are stuck in your own ass and you can't stop getting high on your farts, you pseud.

>balkan life experiences
whered you go by the way? wallachia? sparta? moldavia?

Probably Constantinople in late 12th century.

you cannot end this modernity OP.
You can however end your self

are the baby-boomers going to mummify us with them if we try?

>Suicide rates in Victorian England were higher than they are today.
I like the lack of sauce
>Life was worse for everyone back then
I like the lack of sauce
>Ad homs
I like the lack of IQ

>i bet you think the 1950's were a flawless utopia huh?
for burgerland it was alright. crime was low, le 56% meme wasn't a thing yet.

OP is a faggot.
All spooks are equal.
It's all the same shit with a different coat of paint.
Fascism is the only solution, but kikery continues.
P.S.
This is more of a /pol/ post even though it's technically political philosophy.

We have this thread every other day, and the more I read them the more I am contemptuous of you fucks that use technology to reach out from the basement to piss and moan about consumerism, and society because it doesn't serve up their ideal existence to them.

Anybody that isn't the extremist anarcho-autistic roleplayer itt can go to a rural community that reflects their values and find gainful employment in a "real" job, but It's like you fucks need society to serve up this lifestyle to you because you are too unmotivated to pursue it.

>I've lurked these threads and in none of these threads no one had told there is difference between technology and consumerism
I find that hard to believe

>I have no real argument as to why I'm a contemptible, lazy smear of shit that doesn't pursue a lifestyle that matches my values so I'll focus on the phrasing of a minor part of the post

Why are your hands shaking so much?

>When your entire argument against criticisms of modern life is based, once again, on to quoque and ad hominem
For fucks sake, no the fact that I have a phone does not make me a consumerist. That isn't what consumerism is

Read a book fgt

>Facism
>ever being a solution to spooks
Authoritarianism in inherently against the ideals of egoism.

>degenerates get burned alive in califrnia wildfires caused by their own criminal policies
I live in Santa Rosa and literally every person that died were old people and disabled because they couldn't get out in time. The only shit that burned was wineries, local middle class family neighborhoods and rich peoples vacation homes

>I'm from fucking Balkans
Of course, only niggers get mesmerized by shinny things with buttons

except your entire hatred of modernity is based off the fact that you, personally feel empty.

>just old disabled, and nieghrbohoods
>no big deal
fires aren't over yet user, and i bet plenty of faggots died there too.

Y u so mad tho?

Wow, another le wrong generation thread. I sure love hating my fellow millennials for being as shallow as I am while pretending that I'm different from everyone, complaining about things I can change, but won't, because I'm a lazy faggot waiting for society to drop my life's desires at my doorstep. I fucking hate you niggers so much.

Modernity ia empty by itself.

The existence of scat porn is the ultimate proof

You can shit out a fancy Latin phrase for "d-d-don't call m-me a hypocrite" but it doesn't change the absolute basal contempt I feel for you lazy and entitled leeches that could so easily find an industry and a community that matches your values but would prefer to just engage in their hobby of whingeing instead.

For exactly the reasons I outlined in that post, dipshit.

Is there something you want to talk about?

Do you hate your father?

Speak for yourself.

your baby-boomer ma and pa are garbage people and would bury you with them to serve them in the afterlife if they could

>its an user's parents didn't beat him enough when he was a teenager episode

>Ad hominem and tu quoque are fancy Latin phrases
All of my keks
>Proceeds to say Durr you are a hypocrite and this exact same strawman I want you to be
Kek
>You are a leech
No
>You are a leech because you can't find a group of people who share your beliefs
Wut

What does any of this have to do with me saying that consumerism is not a good way to find meaning in life? If your life revolves around the kind of car your own you might as well end it desu

ill kill your parents too I literally killed my dad because he was an abomination. Even more than what baby-boomers ever did. All of the US will begin the process of lowering housing prices and getting more land, by cutting welfare, thus killing off all the filthy cancer that are welfare queens and baby-boomers from jacking up housing prices et al. Such is the will of God.

>Projecting this hard
Oh yes, how dare anyone say that there are problems with society. Anyone who says there are problems withing society are lazy entitled faggot. Fuck all of those people.

Inshallah brother.
Behead those who insult xcom!

Take your meds kid

boomers are already suffering, crying out for more medical care spending, might as well put them out of their misery.