ITT: We talk about our emotional fallacies and how they motivate us to lift

ITT: We talk about our emotional fallacies and how they motivate us to lift

My parents were never married and my dad left shortly after I was born. Mother struggled through 8 years of hell to get to a 6 figure job so she could sustain us. After leaving us, dad's life went to shit and he went from a member of Russia's basketball team to a 400-pound slob with no job, living in a basement of an apartment building and taking loans from friend to fuel his alcohol addiction.
Trauma from stepdad beating me and biodad yelling at me when younger left an emotional void. Lift because fear of becoming what my dad combined with wanting a good bod so I can get qt3.141 gf to fill emotional void pushes me to lift.

Mfw still no gf after 2 years and I'm borderline suicidal

You have no gf because you have a big bag of issues, bro.

>alcoholic dad with road rage and anger issues in general
>passive mom who hid her feelings so she wouldn't fuck us up even more (later on told me she was suicidal and depressed)
>mom's side of family has mental disorders (schizo, depression, Bi-polar) and addiction
>dads side of the family has addiction and anger issues (grandpa would beat dad and his family viciously and slept around)
I essentially have a little bit of shit from both families. Currently suffering from an addiction and have BPD, but lifting has honestly changed me for the best. My family and I have suffered through thingsnobody should go through, but we're still here and fighting. Glad I didn't die despite attempting a couple of times.

We're all gonna make it.

I went bald at young twenties and got bullied for it because it doesn't look good on me.

Started lifting because that's the common reply to this issue

Still ugly even though I'm pretty big now and girls still don't even look in my general direction.

The worst thing is that I feel so pathetic for caring so much about something as insignificant as losing your hair.

I guess my biggest breakthrough was that I stopped giving a fuck about anything

I stopped giving a fuck at work and the boss is complimenting on my performace and says that I have a calming effect on my colleaues

I stopped giving a fuck my appearance and suddenly ex gfs says that I'm finally a man and people go out of my way

try not giving a fuck for once, looks like you blame your problems on everything/everybody else and their mothers of the past

My parents were divorced when I was a baby.
Both of them were massive alcoholics.
My father attacked me in a drunken rage when I was 7 and extremely ill.
Never had any kind of male role model in life after that.
Mother was either away at work or drunk off her ass.
Used food and video games to cope with my loneliness and feelings of being unloved.
Weighed over 350 lbs.
Mother is dying of ruined liver.
My cat had to be put down because I was too poor to afford surgery when he was sick.
28 and never even held hands with someone of the opposite gender.

I'd mostly just like to be held by someone. I think I can get at least that when I finish losing weight. I also blame my weight and the anxiety over it for why my cat couldn't be saved. If I had just lost the weight sooner and got over these stupid feelings, I could have had a better paying job and my little buddy would still be with me.
And I still love my mother, so I want to be in the best shape I can to make life comfortable for her with what little time she has left.
145 lbs down and something around 60 left to go.

I've never amounted to anything and quit on everything I was good at. I only push myself the hardest when I look in the mirror and think about how much of a waste of breath I am.

Granted I don't constantly think like this, I just think like it when I'm lifting. Weird.

cool blog

Yeah can confirm loosening up on giving a fuck helps a lot, especiall, with talking to people

wear a hat
/post

Finding out the girl I loved and dated for 2 years fucked another guy within a week of breaking up with me.

I was so emotionally fucked for almost a year, but got fucking shredded because of it. Went from roughly 20+% bf down to around 11 or 12%, looked fawkin joocy.

But seriously, this girl has brought on the worst emotional pain but that shit drives me to be better in every way.

this
life seemingly fell apart when love of my life broke up with me
massive insecurities about myself
decide at work one day, I need to stop caring what people think bout me.. no one notices your imperfections like you do
became confident and pretty good with girls
people always compliment me on my public speaking but i'm a massive introvert
I just don't give a fuck and have confidence in my ability to work things out in the end
Be you bruh and no one will ever be better

>growing up dad always tried to get me to lift
>I said no because I was a lazy shit
>when I was 12 he passed away from a lifelong battle with a terminal disease
>find out he was just trying to get me to lift because he was scared of leaving me fatherless in a tough world
>tfw it all makes sense now

I don't know if it's really the reason I started lifting but it feels a little good to think he'd probably be proud of me if he could see me today

"wear a hat"

That won't stop me from being rejected because I'm bald man.

My father left us after I was born. I was butthurt throughout my childhood that everyone has a dad and I don't. But when i actually got to meet him when I was 15yo, I was thanking the universe I didn't grow up with that sack of shit. The guy is a typical stupid beta cuck with landwhale wife and dumbass kid now. I despise the fact that I am his projection and possess his genetics.
I grew up without the male role model so I suck at seducing girls. Had been having an inactive lifestyle until I met a qt I could relate too, instantly fell in love, dropped spaghetti and was scting like an insecure idiot. She rejected me and I decided that to become confident I need to start liking myself. First step to it - getting my body in shape. That's why I lift religiously. We are all gonna make it bruhs

How did you get over it? I'm in literally the exact same situation, ive been lifting my ass off. I've been reading books, going hiking, cooking new things. It's gotten better but holy shit today I saw a picture of them together and it brought back all the bitterness and shit that I fucking desperately just want to get rid of

Fuck, I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but I'm kind of envious that most of you know whats wrong with you. I'm depressed as fuck, and I have 0 reason to be.
>28 this month
>married for 3 years
>own my own house, 2 cars
>ok job
>used to be fat, lost 160lbs few years ago
>skinny now, trying to get big
>still fucking depressed

Relax, user. Most of the time, knowing you have no problems to face tends to depress a person.
I take it you're the type of person who finds a sense of enjoyment when going through tough situations. You enjoy being able to know how far you can go to fix a problem/trauma, to the point where you it or repress it.
That or you have something repressed you don't want to admit to yourself. Or perhaps you think too much about pointless things.

Either way, I suggest taking up meditation. Even just 10 minutes a day can help out.

i have gastric issues and pass gas without realizing it and since im chronically constipated my gas sometimes smells like a rat crawled up my ass layed eggs then died bc no air

earlier today i heard people possibly comment about a weedlike smell but not sure. my main motivation to do anything is the thought of a shit smelling dude with no skills vs a shit smelling winner with skills and i read somewhere working out tames that shit. my dad also motivates me by being fat and i just dislike the way he lives his life

i got some great cheekbones tho

>rat crawled up my ass layed eggs
>rat
>layed eggs
I didn't know Veeky Forums was full of biologists.

These things...they take time.
Give it a year or so. Cut off contact cold turkey. Meet new people. Get yourself a new girl.

You realise you telling the other user to "wear a hat" is like somebody telling you to "forget about her and cheer up, problem solved", right? I.e., easy for you to fucking well say.

I keep lifting because something is wrong but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. I feel like I'm making all the wrong decisions even though nothing bad is happening in my life and eventually I'm going to pay for them. Lifting gives me a sense of control and a routine to stick to.

hmm, lets see

>fat during grade school, highschool, college

I got fit after all that so im kinda playing catchup. although im sad I cant get that time back, im trying to make up for it now.

if only I knew sooner just how important aesthetics are.

>parents divorced when i was little
>both married others then divorced again, eventually married a third time
>bullied often growing up, moved often too
>develop terrible selfesteem
>no male rolemodel around to take after
>become increasingly withdrawn and cynical
>graduate college and get solid job but have virtually no social life

lift because i hate myself i guess. it hasn't helped me be more social though, at some point my anxiety turned into apathy. when i can DL 4plate maybe ill be happy with myself

you've already overcame a lot, just keep it going

>years of being alone/single makes me think i'll never be good enough

no matter how good my body gets this is what bothers me, in terms of dating

maybe some people are meant to be alone? idk

Existential angst probably. A nagging feeling that you got tied down too young, your responsibilities now feel more like shackles than privileges, a sense that your life is just following a preset script...?

This. All that sounds hard but it looks like you have a good goal and a good mindset. You're strong

>be me
>born in the wagon of a travelling show
>mother used to dance for the money they'd throw
>father would do whatever he could
>gay sex mostly from what I gather
I forget what they used to call us but it was very hurtful.

unemployable emotionally broken neet. I like to use my physical fitness as a weapon to make people who have good jobs but poor fitness feel bad about themselves. It's fun :)

>People were assholes to me growing up
>Not really bullying, just excluding me from social groups
>I have to be better than them now
>Being better looking than them means being better than them
>I know which Moe's one of them works at and I always go to that one when I'm visiting my hometown to order a burrito from him.

>our emotional fallacies
>emotional fallacies
I don't think that word means what you think it means

The only thing I have ever had is my arrogance so I life to maintain my perceived sense of superiority of others in another aspect of life

I am proud son, im with zyzz in the great gym in the sky..

Dont worry about me I'm okay, you are destined for great things, ill see you when you have lived your life.

Love dad.

Good on you user. Keep going and you can make it

Teased for my weight from elementary school to especially cruel in 7th grade.

Can vividly remembering being 10 years old and absolutely hating my self and the way I look.

Lost weight after graduating hs. One horrible relationship at 22 set me on a downward spiral.

Ballooned up to 415+ at my heaviest.

Constantly tried and failed to get in shape for years.

Life long depression and anxiety of course.

Lose contact with what little friends I have, for the last year only friend was long distance oneitis that I end up telling I hate her because I know I'll never get over her unless she's completely out of my life

Entering week 11 of working out and eating the best I have in years.

Long long road ahead with no one on it but me. But I have no choice but to keep walking.

I let my image come before my character and now I'm an asshole.

Luckily I'm half way through my cut so image isn't really an excuse anymore and I'm trying to be human instead if afraid