Shoes you wear to the gym: the thread

Shoes you wear to the gym: the thread.

I lift bare footed (home gym, obviously).

These. Just black and white

I wear my old pair of these

I was just thinking about what shoes I should buy for the gym.
I don't want my air maxes getting all dirty, but it's what I've been wearing currently.

Where I am, the shoes in OP are only £15.

Get something that isn't squishy like that.

I really like these

180kg squat 3x5 with socks, u mad shoefags?

tfw latvian gym guy wears these.

Why the fuck wouldn't you have lifting shoes if you're at all serious about lifting?
Sure they're like $100+ but you'd literally use them for years

Snapcity

Population: you

If the floor gives you enough traction, then fine. But if it is even a bit slippery, you can easily hurt yourself in socks.

This but without the ankle support

Cant wait for this meme to die

Then hopefully it does before you do.

Are you squatting on an ice rink?

Friction obviously becomes greater in proportion to the weight you're squatting.

Comfy, they work, no faggot ass air pocket

Why should I? Old pair of converse has a nice and sturdy bottom.
>hurr durr y dont u buy ferrari its expensive but u use it for years

Most people would not be able to afford a ferrari nor the upkeep
Most people can afford lifting shoes without a problem, and there's no maintenance

You're retarded

Flat Nike's with the soles taken out for deadlifts and variations. Adipowers for everything else.

Not bad for 30 dollars but sizing is shit.
My feet hurt

I bought a pair of lifting shoes before I injured myself. Never really got to use them. My feet were a bit swollen trying them on that day -- really swollen and thick socks probably -- and I bought them one size too large, I think, trying them on today. Can't really return them now.

Should I sell them or wear lifting shoes a little too big for me?

my gym swag is unparalleled

Red wellies. No socks.

Siqq

kek

>tfw gave away my old (gently-worn) pair of matshoes to a MILF I used to work with because her son was starting HS wrestling

I hope he made it, brehs...

>left pic
This.

i have 2 pairs of the white ones.. best fucking shoes ever. Can't get gats here tho.

I got them for $50 Canadian on sale so im not going to complain.

Depending on where you got them, you might still be able to exchange them for the appropriate size if they're in great condition. If not, I'd recommend you sell them and buy ones that fit you. WL shoes can't work their magic unless they are snug.

I have a pair of white ones too, for casual wear tho. My old pair are still functional and they were my main shoes for everything for the better part of 5 years. The bottoms look barely used its crazy. I'll probably always have a pair of them the rest of my life desu

Bought these bad boys during the weekend.
Comfy as fuark and hey look gr8

JESSE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

Me too lad

>not lifting in boxing shoes, the comfiest shit ever

well, at least no one here buys those stupid shoes from australia

Inov 8 FastLift 335

This, squats amd deadlift in socks

I wear supers for lifting. Thin sole is great for squats/deads.

GOAT all-round trainer, good for the gym/5-a-side/general wear round town.

imagine the functional strength gains from that

Fuck black and white converse, that's so boring

Dickies trail running shoes. >still a noob

Lifting shoes have a raised heel. For squatting lifting shoes are much better, though converse do the job just fine

Squats - Adipowers (red/orange)

Deadlifts - Reebok Crossfit Lite TR

Bench/OHP - Do-Win weightlifting shoes I got cheap

Cardio - Brooks

I have no life right now so I don't mind spending money for the gym.

These are GOAT for the gym, I have a pair of Adidas powerlift 2.0s that I use for the big 3 as well.

This all day

blue hightop chucks, looking at the v2 to replace my old ones cause they got holes in the canvas now.

Is it a bad idea to get a pair of Slip-on Vans ( no shoelaces) for squats?

OP pic related except all black

they're so old they practically look green now though damn i need some new kicks

Theres a guy who does squats barefoot at my gym... I am patiently waiting for the day snapcity punches his ticket.
Though he has some seriously flat feet.

Nice. I wear some cheap all black Etnies I got on Amazon for twenty bucks last summer. They're better constructed than Vans or fucking Chucks

old picture but still relevant.

Meant to use this pic but I'll keep my dubs.

Why aren't you wearing converse?

since you own a legit pair of lifting shoes i'll ask you : have you tried running in them? i'm sure just from the way they look they wouldn't be suited for it but just thought i'd ask.

are there any shoes suitable for running (more like sprinting, not jogging) and lifting?

there is no way I'd ever run in the squat shoes. you can lift in the trail running shoes in the pic though.

do you think i'd be better off using my Nike running shoes to lift in? I do have a pair of New Balance trail running shoes I could break out. I'm still lifting beginner weight so I guess it isn't critical yet

muh exact shoes my nigga

Where to buy Chucks in Australia? Like which stores have them that I can go in and try them on? Don't want to order online.

you can get away with running shoes for lower weight but I'd not really recommend. just take off your shoes if you don't want to get different shoes to squat in.

i've started swapping out these for running shoes after i'm done lifting. It's not a big deal and it gives me an excuse to sit on my ass for a couple of minutes. but I'm all about efficiency and would rather have one shoe to wear while doing both

I getcha. yeah I never tried Etnies to squat in, but I imagine they're good as long as they're hard soled-basically, you just don't want a shoe compressing on you under heavy weight.

they have good hard soles. they're skateboarding shoes so they stand up to rough treatment. back in the day i loved chucks when i could get them at sears for thirty bucks, but they're too expensive for me now when there are comparable quality, cheaper alternatives. fucking hipsters ruined chucks, then levis jeans, dickies pants, carhart shit too.

seems good. I got my chucks for 50, and that seemed alright. now the squat shoes were much more, heh.

Me too.

yeah, i've looked into the prices. I'm not excited about that, but i expect they'll last for a long ass time. so, let me ask you...at what weight did you start using squat shoes?

Adipowers for squats/cleans, some old chucks for other shit. I also buy a pair of some cheap adidas running shoes off the sales once a year, helps me keep my cardio game fresh.

other guy here, I hit 3,5plates and thought its time to get some proper shoes instead of wobbling with some old sneakers, just for ankle safety desu.

These things last a lot longer than one would expect.

nice dubs, i bet you wear those with off brand calf socks

I got them after I had already hit lmao4pl8, but is probably correct.

The cheap but still 100% effective ones can be got for under $100. I think I got mine for $80

Newfag. Why are shoes so important for lifting and squats? What could happen if you have the wrong shoes on?

if your sole is soft it impacts ur lifts as it compresses when u pick up the weight

If you're trying to squat in running shoes you'll have shit balance thus making it much harder to do. Having flat soles help keep you level and let your body actually balance itself. Next time you're at the gym, try squatting with running shoes and then try bare foot.

Thanks. Also, what is snapcity? I know it's an injury, but I how can I avoid it and what would I be potentially snaping?

Just avoid running shoes. Get a flat hard soled shoe. I squatted with running shoes for a couple weeks before I got some shoes and it really does help. The compression in the sole of the running shoe made my legs slightly imbalanced when coming up causing my legs to sort of bend inward. The hard sole just make it easier to have good form.

a back injury from improper form when lifting weights. just lift with good form and your solid.

o shit waddup

>all this lack of class

Stay peasant /shit/izens

*tips fedora*

idk mang have you tried the converse store