QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Because the previous one is about to 404.

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm a tall guy, and when I deadlift I look more like this kid on the right than Mehdi; pretty bent over and my back almost looks flat rather than at an angle. I hear this isn't really bad, but the problem is I'm afraid I'm stiff legging my deadlift. When I deadlift from the position of the kid on the right, my hips rise maybe an inch and then the pull is pretty much all locked legs.

Here's a video: /watch?v=_MoyqG__PmI

Am I doing this right? Should I correct my form somehow? Thanks.

5'8 131lb grill here. Been on a cut for the last few months and lost 15 pounds. I've decided that I'm ready to start doing weight exercises.
I'm too poor for a gym membership at this point, so it's bodyweight for me for now. I looked up this nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
Will it be okay?

what routine do i do with a 90kg squat, 75kg bench 50kg ohp and 125 kg deadlift (for 5 reps)

i have not gained strength in 2 months since i am cutting, i hope to be done soon and get a new routine.

Ok so this might be retarded but why can't you do what a regular bulker does and eat at maintenance or a little bit above maintenance and then do cardio to burn off 100-400 excess calories while getting enough macros and calories for max strength gains? Am I retarded or what?

Should I cycle 2 week on 1 week off with ECstack or should I just go regularly for 12 weeks?

LOWER
YOUR
HIP

Because burning off the calorie surplus is the same thing as eating at a deficit.
>Am I retarded or what?
A bit.

You need the surplus calories to build muscle at any decent rate (and, since the body isn't super efficient at this sort of thing, you end up with some of those calories stored as fat). If your body instead takes those calories to recover from cardio or whatever, you're not getting the same benefits.

Although cardio is generally a good idea.

>If your body instead takes those calories to recover from cardio or whatever, you're not getting the same benefits.

Ah, I see, I figured maybe you'd still synthesize most of the eaten protein while burning off the excess shit, still maximizing bulk gains but getting a lot less if any fat gain.

It depends on what your goals are.

If you want to get lean and build for aesthetics, those exercises should be fine. If you're building for strength, having weights you can keep track of and increase metrics of is very helpful.

There is no every size fits all work out.

It is kind of confusing.

People are sold a whole bunch of shit promising gains based on protein intake, when the reality is that once you've got a decent protein intake mass gains are largely about overall calories.

But cardio is still a good idea. And you are sort of right about higher food intake making certain things easier - its much easier to get all your micros lined up when you have more room to get them all in.

Aesthetics, really.
I have very, very little interest in strength.

I need to lose 5 pounds in 20 days. I'm making weight for a grappling tournment. What's the easiest way to do this and still keep all my strenghth

Does using fins when swimming significantly increase calories burned?
My swimming cardio session lasts 2 hours, i swim breaststroke combined with dolphin kick using fins. I swim at about 70% of my max, non-stop.

How many calories do i burn per hour? I estimate around 600, but i am not sure.

PSMF.

Idk what that means

Post stress mandatory fap.

>summerfags are here

Then keep up some cardio, burpies, squats, pushups according to a routine that will get you tired and exhausted. Any ol' cookie cutter will work.

The thing that a lot of people don't understand is that if you're muscles aren't feeling it by the end of the work out, you should feel like you cheated yourself. You could have worked harder. That last push up should be the last push up you can physically do. You're already cutting calories. Toning your muscles is just going to help more. You cant go wrong, really.

I want to know about this as well.
I have a mermaid tail coming in the mail soon. I've heard it's really good for burning calories but I don't know if that's true.

Is google a paid service in your country

Lose water weight before the event. Wrestlers do it every event. May not be healthy but it works.

Sweet.
Bless you, user.

How many minus calories to have per day? I have 30 kg overweight. I have some muscle too though.

15-20% is optimal.

Thanks for the great advice guys

Thanks a lot.

500kcal deficit is the standard, you can go lower if you've done it before and know your body

I am about 50kg over weight, started gyming and diet three weeks ago. My squat is shit compared to things like my OHP, is this just because I am squatting the fat weight too?

Is PPL the best for a e s t h e t i c s ?

I've been lifting for almost 5 months and even though I work hard and go to failure I hardly feel any DOMS anymore, especially in my arms and chest. How do I get it back? It makes me feel like I made progress

I remember doing some paper for myself which had calories for all the foods and I counted the minus calories to myself, I think it was just that -500kcal minus that I counted. Can't find that note anywhere, well have to do it again. Good to know it was about right.

Dont lift for 3+ weeks

Cool, thanks, can't wait till I can start again

what websites do you use to calculate carloies?

Just read the labels on products you buy, it's the best way.

For eggs/veggies it ok to just google it.

Are there any ideal times to work out or does it even matter at all when you do?

Do you really have to eat something every 3 hours? I am used to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.

i saw a bunch of Push/Pull routines in that fit sticky site, and people would put together squat + deadlift in one day and bench + OHP in another day.

Isnt that too hard on the same muscle group? wouldnt doing squat + ohp and bench + deadlifts be more productive?

I meant for daily intakes, like based on your bw. BMR and shit like that.

Ideally is when you have the most energy and the gym isnt too busy to get shit done.

I can count them in one webpage if you let me know your gender, age, height, weight, daily activity, what do you do on a daytime? And how about daily exercise, how many minutes walking, fast walking? How many minutes weight training or running?

Why not just post link, senpai?

Why would something that makes it easier to move increase calorie burn assuming you do the same distance or time?

No, you should not eat every three hours. Thats retarded and you should feel bad for falling for it.

The webpage is not in english and not in public use. It gave me good very results anyway.

Download the app "Progression" and follow it until you get past your noob gains. Then think about how to improve your workout later.

That's what I felt too, I wonder why they talk about it in every weight loss tv program.

170 cm, 80 kg,
sedentary, no job, only school
Lift 4 times a day for maybe 1,5 hours
I walk maybe 30 minutes a day.
Play football maybe 1 a week for 1,5 hours very light, nothing too intense

10/10 times they are selling you meals in some form or another. Pre-made, recipies in their "amazing book" which you now need because you have to eat so many meals, a product to make it easier for you to cook (because you need it since you have to prepare something every three hours) etc

*lift 4 times a week

Where is the "right babe?" meme from?

Still need your age. You lift and walk on the same day? I can't count for football day though.

Oh and need a gender.

Lift 4 times a day, you started to sound like my friend who used steroids :D

>football

found the libtard

Hey there

I'm currently overweight, and while I know food and calorie counting, I need help with what to do in regards to exercise.

I don't have access to a gym or weights, I live in a mostly urban neighborhood with no parks, I'm not sure what I can do exercise-wise that will be effective in helping cut fat and build a better foundation to begin building muscle when I've gotten my fat % down.

Currently I'm 6'0", 245 lbs, 20 years old and male.
Mostly sedentary lifestyle.

My goal is to get down to a good weight for August this year - going into a program for school that requires a more active lifestyle, and eating less / being fit would be helpful, so any tips and help would be appreciated.

6'1" 175lbs trying to gain fat and muscle
I've been following the SS routine, and jog for 15 minutes 3-4 times a week. Is that enough cardio? My diet is down. The lifting is down, but don't know if I'm doing too little, or too much cardio.

Both women and men can play football.

Read sticky. Start doing jumping jacks and push-ups and sit-ups and run in place, do a burpee, and jump up. And MOST IMPORTANTLY, cut out Simple Carbohydrates from your diet. Do not "diet" make it a lifestyle change. No more basic sugary or starchy junk like chips and soda. No more, none.

Is this a decent routine? Trying to move away from my strength training and do a split. I can only do a three day routine though due to my work schedule.

Well, mermaid tails are difficult to swim im, considering that your legs are bound together.

I started a job at a store's garden centre, what activity level does that out me at if I go to the gym 3 times a week, for about an hour each?

My job includes me lugging dirt and boxes up to 100 lbs each.

Yes. The volume day, where you do 5x5s is brutal, though.

>gain weight
>jogging
pick one
in fact, move as little as possible outside the gym.

You forgot to answer so I can't help you.

I've done manual labor for four years after high school. You burn calories but if you don't eat right, you will see zero results.

watch 50 first dates

Anyone has experience/heard of the Kinobody program, I just torrented it. Want to see if it's legit.

If you want it too, just pirate bay kinobody.rar

There is no "best" for anything. There is only adequate stress and adequate recovery.

How do you interact with women? I know the general thumb advice "think with your brain, not dick" and fapping beforehand so you don't think about fucking them constantly, but they're real fucking boring otherwise and I have no idea what to talk about.
Why should I keep up with their uninteresting stories?

Ok. How about calisthenics?

Depends. Do you want a series of small sinus infections or one really big one and adrenal exhaustion to go with your mild weight loss?

Beginner here, if I decide to follow this bodyweight routine along with the standard lifting routine should I do both of them on the same day or do bodyweight on lifting rest days and vice versa?

Also, is that a bad idea? And what about chin-ups, separate exercise or could it replace pull ups (or maybe alternate)?

Workout Plan for YMCA(swimming+minimal lifting?
Vegan meals for bulking?

Do i have to bulk to be swole?

Weights. Eat. Rest.

Nothing else.

My gf gained weight mostly in her thighs and it looks fucking terrible, she also hates it more than I do.
She's been lifting for a while, making good progress towards heavier lifting, should she add cardio into her routine?

Also she's doing Strong Lifts, at this point she has learned how to lift properly, should she change lifting routines?

Yes.

adequate kcals (gaining 1/2-1 lb per week) + adequate protein (1.2-1.7g/kg lean mass) for bulking.

Consistency is more important than the program for beginners. Make sure you workout your whole body, though.

You can't spot reduce. The routine doesn't matter much. Weight loss is better achieved with calorie restriction.

Well, wasting mbs is better than wasting $. At least you didnt pay for it. I am curious about the cook book though, is that included in the file you have?

How much do you gain while on a bulk? I'm confused b/c when I cut I generally only need to lose about 5-10 pounds total, but I keep reading people who are losing like 20+ pounds on their cut... does that mean you're actually gaining 20 pounds on your bulk? That seems excessive

so would you say a better calorie deficit, keep lifting, and forget about cardio?

Is it bad if you don't count your calories when losing weight?
I eat healthier and less than usual, what are the consequences of not counting calories?

5'10", 275 pound fatty here.

I've lost about 40 pounds since September, and I honestly haven't felt this good in years.

I started just by cutting. But at the end of March, I started going to the gym and more accurately counting my calories, and so I've lost almost 10 pounds during April.

Am I losing weight too quickly?

Also, since I've been overweight since high school, is it inevitable that I'm going to have fucked up skin?

The consequences are just not having an accurate idea of what you're eating.
Keeping count lets you see exactly what you're at, where not tracking it means you can only guess.
It more so helps with knowing when to start cutting down more, as your daily requirement shifts with weight gain and weight loss.

So, I wanna add dips (for triceps) to my program, but I'm not confident enough I'll be able to perform them correctly. What's the difference between the "hanging one" to pic related?

Can I just do pic related? I believe it's just as good for triceps, isn't it?

If I'm extremely inflexible, should I stretch the muscle I have for a few weeks before starting to lift and get Veeky Forums?

I've been doing ss for 3 weeks now, and I was wondering what the best biceps exercise would be to add to it? I'm still weak and can only barely do a single pullup/chinup, even though my deadlift/squat/bench have all improved alot since I started.

tl;dr need bicep exercise to add to ss, too weak to do pullups.

I'm willing to do that. Can I lose 5 pounds for sure though?

Pic related is an assisted one. You're not dipping your entire weight.

WHY THE FUCK IS THERE LARGER PEOPLE THAN ME THAT ONLY LIFT 1/2 AS MUCH WEIGHT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how long should it take some one to do:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 OHP
2x5-8 chinups

Im so glad this questions is in this thread.
Thank you for this unbelievable thought.
Nigger, use your fucking brain

Why does this guy look so weird? He's pretty muscular, but something just looks...off.

small traps

Jesus what terrible fucking advice. Don't listen to that retard. It's normal to not feel DOMS after extended lifting because your body adapts. Feeling the bern via lactic acid does not necessarily correlate with muscle growth or how hard you've worked a muscle group.

It's the wrist-chest ratio

He didnt ask how to make better gains, he asked how to get DOMS back. And the advice was spot on for the question asked.

They are probably A) Taller and/or B) Bigger frame

Yes, I understand the context. However, think how counter-intuitive that is... lifting (to make gains why else?) and feeling progress doing that via DOMS. Then taking a month break every time you get DOMS tolerance just to be able to feel like you are doing something.