/plg/

/plg/ - ipf general

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, talk about how great the ipf is etc.
useful links
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh

>sauna edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HS65IB7WL4s
youtube.com/watch?v=OQm8ZOPFnG4
youtube.com/watch?v=SDmbGrQqWog
youtube.com/watch?v=xTphQ7FI7Jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In for being dumb and degenerate but sometimes doing something right

In for meet in 12 days.

Hancott's looking more jacked than usual there.

Does anyone in /plg/ have a full time job? I'm finishing school now and starting full time in June. I don't want it to interfere with my training though.

>degenerate
i always figured

it runs in the family

Truly the most cringe-inducing "sport" to ever grace the earth

say that to my face and not online

Also in for c6w being incredibly hard

Welcome newfriend!

updoot in 4 seconds or your squat will stall for 1 year

>being incredibly stupid
Fixed that typo for you.

iktfb

starting may 16th

RIP training anything ever again

RIP diet

RIP stress levels

second that

can't wait to try acid tbqh

Delete this image now mr. sailing the sea for dick

Yes

Man the fuck up

dubs decide if i get high on lean

I do, the only interference it will have is making your back stiff as fuck from sitting all day

make sure you get a good as chair in the office

and also roll the fuck out of your bac before squatting if complications do arise

but a good chair can fix the problem too, but 99% of them are shitl I got a custom made one and its boss, so i dont need to roll my erectors for 20 minutes before squatting now, before i had to or else my back would literally cramp up halfway through squats

this, and I actually find if your work will let you stretch once or twice throughout the day you are MUCH better off

Sitting to work?

Do you sit when you pee too?

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not gonna let my career get in the way of my fitness goals (at least I hope not..)

It's okay, we'll find time to train. Just be optimistic.

Will do

Aesop rocks new album is now being streamed live for the first time ever in the official instasync (r/lonelypl)

>tfw cardio day
hold me ;_;

Help, I've listened to Views 7 times already and can't stop

What about someone who has to be on his feet the whole day except lunch break?

Are you a blue collar worker? I have intelligence and prefer doing no work and getting paid more for it

I'll call you when i need my toilet unclogged

youtube.com/watch?v=HS65IB7WL4s

Don't you want to be built to last?

Then you have the intelligence to buy a standing desk, undersecretary.

I don't know, you're going to have to talk to a blue collar worker about that

but i dont think standing is really a bad thing, better for posture and blood flow im sure

A) You don't buy a standing desk; you have the option to get one appointed to you
B) Why would I want a standing desk

Lift before work
All include your wife with my dick

>All include your wife with my dick

>wife

I told you in my last post that I'm intelligent so stop trying to contradict me lol

I didn't really respond too much to the volume of bench on sheiko intermediate over 80kg (or squats for that matter), is doing the large load version next advisable or is it too much of a jump?

Do you have anymore of these? i find them funny

Honestly, find a program that fits your schedule, dont push it to get 5 or 6 days a week in if you have to sacrifice sleep or food. Running yourself into the ground will kill your trainin more than only going 3 or 4 days a week.

10 sets of 5min runs

5kph
7kph
8kph
9kph
10kph
11.2kph
11.7kph
12kph
12kph
12kph+5min cooldown

With bodyweight, mobility and some light benching inbetween the sets. The other sport i do has 2-3 minute rounds, ends up being more than 8.6km

the 11.2 and 11.7 sets are going up by .1kph every time, not sure what to do when they all get to 12kph (a theoretical 25min 5k), either i raise the last 4 to 14kph (a 20 min 5k) or i start adding 1 min to each set over 10 sessions.

I'm looking to graduate to a true powerlifting belt now that my squat has reached 425x2. My pic related crossfit meme belt is probably not the best to use at high weight. In college rn, so I'm looking at a $80-100 range, and something with a lever. Any recs? Thanks brehs

Try a 80-100 dollar lever belt

>t I'm intelligent
Let me translate that for you
> my wilks is the same as my IQ

Inzer single prong, 4" wide 13mm thick. Get black, it ships fastest. It will last you forever, and is ~$90 if you live in the US

If my max raw squat is 496 in competition, what kind of weights should I try using for practicing in gear? I just ordered a Superior suit and Titanium knee wraps and i'm not too sure how much carry over to expect. I squat fairly wide, so I imagine i'll have a decent amount of added weight when I figure out how to groove it. I was thinking of starting around 450 (90% of my raw max) and going from there.

If Dubs I finally give up on lifting forever

Yep I'd recommend around that. What I've found to work best is working up to 90% of your raw max using knee wraps and then using the suit straps down and then straps up later. That's also what other people have said to me to do.

Might want to get a couple of people to side spot you on your first go desu.

I lift in my garage alone, so unfortunately I don't have spotters other than my dog. I was planning on messing around with knee sleeves/straps down until I felt comfortable getting to depth with at least 80-85% and then moving onto straps down/wraps with 90ish% then eventually going full straps up with wraps as tight as I can get them solo and moving into supermaximal weights. I have a rack at least, so I probably won't die.

Thanks for the input, a couple of gym bros that compete recommended inzer. There's other options out there, so I was just checking /plg's opinions

Do not do not do not order from inzer.
If you get an inzer belt buy it from an independent retailer

Aye probably won't die if you have a rack.

I'm guessing your suit isn't incredibly tight?

Haven't received it yet, but it's a Titan Superior size 42. According to the size chart on liftinglarge, 42 is the medium fit for the 198 class and I weigh ~195. So it will probably be fairly loose as far as gear goes.

NO

Rolling 4 u

Ah yep. I weight ~195 too and I use a worn in 38 super cent which I can get to depth with about 20kg over my raw max so yours should be loose enough for you to get to depth straps down without going supermaximal.

Is your suit wide stance or narrow stance?

roll

DELETE SQUATS FROM COMP

Don't think it as the option. Titan markets it as their "beginner" suit. I personally squat fairly wide though. Not Westside toes wider than the collars, but well past my shoulders.

Ah right. The common wisdom seems to be to stand a foot wider than your normal stance for eqp squats but that probably doesn't apply to you then.

Have you done much research into eqp squats? When does your suit arrive?

sabre meme program was ok guys
turns out my work capacity is pretty much zero though lel

Just shipped today. I've mostly just watched videos/read about how to get the suit on and self wrapping. I think programming wise i'm just going to do singles with as much gear/weight as I feel comfortable with every week and do the rest of my squatting raw until I figure it out.

You probably won't have to worry too much about getting the suit on lol, even I can get my suit on by myself in 10 minutes or so.

The old fellas around here suggest doing doubles for the first while in EQP if you can handle the time under tension, even triples if you can manage it. Just lets you get more practice with the movement and groove of the suit. Obviously there's the issue of depth as well lol which adds another angle to it. Sounds like a decent plan though.

Are you planning on using box squats at all?

I've had a couple friends order over phone and get their stuff a lot faster. Apparently, their online system takes like a week to process before anything else can happen.

I thought you were really good with trying harder though. Especially with all those C6W runs.

I did up until ten days ago. I would get to the gym at 5:30am, then leave by 7:15 and go to my 8-to-5.

>reached end of cut
>got a qt azn gf
>best sex of my life
>get to start bulking again
>sex made abs sore, so no need for ab work in the gym
This is fucking fantastic.
I wish she wasn't moving back to Shanghai in a couple of months.

>turns out my work capacity is pretty much zero though lel
What try level were you using though?

More like "shag"hai M-I-RITE?

kek
But really, though. We fucked for two hours straight. She has way more stamina than I expected.

I'd have to make boxes. I was just gonna video each rep and then look at how deep i'm getting and keep adjusting until I can "feel" depth like with raw. My biggest fear is needing to put 600+ on the bar just to hit depth because I don't want to ISLEY it and need more weight than I can stand up with just to hit depth. But if it's as loose as you think it will be then that hopefully won't be a problem.
I was thinking about doubles with sleeves/straps down, but I don't think I want to do doubles in full gear.

well I did make it through alright.
just I haven't squatted anything over 370 for more than 3 reps in like 7 months or so and today he had me do 410 for 2 sets of 5 and I was doing a couple of things to make it harder on myself just because yolo. I gave sabre a wall of text on it, but it was ok. I tried hard enough.

My knees were getting sore and creaky, so I added some low impact work on squat day. Feels a lot better right now. How did I do?

squat 5x5 395
rdl 3x10 225 (went to higher volume, less weight)
erg rower 1000m (added this)
reverse-hypers 3x10 50 (added this)
ghr 3x10

Ab doms from sex can be the absolutely brutal. I've had it so bad it's made squatting, even with a belt, quite the ordeal. Bracing as a whole sucked and didn't work very well. It hurts so fucking bad lel

>tfw I got a qt azn gf but she is really afraid of getting bad grades and hardly ever wants to see me
Dang it bobby.

If you have extra plates you can just stack plates and use that as a box. Filming your reps is certainly a good idea tho, for me the feel of depth feels deep as heck. Kek na I don't think you're gonna isley it, well as long as you don't horribly miss groove it that is.

>I was thinking about doubles with sleeves/straps down, but I don't think I want to do doubles in full gear.
yeah you're probably right, I miss spoke. It's a heck of a lot easier to do 1+ reps with straps down than up from what I've experienced.

That's God punishing you for fucking everyone's wife.

>was full after only eating 800 calories today
>Still filled out my calories anyway
I might be ready for PSMF very soon

Fucking kek, that was actually from the girl I lost my virginity to. She kind of dumped her boyfriend so she could fuck me, so you're half right. The other half was having sex for 90+ minutes everyday for almost a whole week

I only have 655 in plates + bar. From what i've read, after I learn how to use the suit/wraps I should be good for at least 600-630 in full gear with a 496 raw max. If that holds true, then I'll need to buy more weight soon.

get 10 more lbs

Why do you lol keep on randomly writing lol in your sentences lol for no lol reason lol

I just realized how long it's been, because I haven't had ab doms from sex since before I started lifting over two years ago...
Gotta make up for lost time.
>tfw I got a qt azn gf but she is really afraid of getting bad grades and hardly ever wants to see me
KEK
I was actually worried about this when she started talking to me, because she came to the states specifically to get her master's then go back to China, but she's been really forward about it.
>tfw I'm so retarded that I accidentally suggested Netflix and chill for the third date and she fucking ran with it
Thank god she's made up for my incompetence in dating.

I mean, I've had it with my most recent ex, but back then it was wayyy worse, mostly because I was doing all the work.

Who here /sexlessbutmysquatandsumoisntdogshitpathetic/ ?

you'd probably get laid if you learned to actually deadlift

I see how you didn't bring up bench friendo :^)
And my squat is truly shit tier. However, sumo is almost my best lift, if I can manage to shed my fatigue and actually show off my strength.

Because I laugh a lot when I talk irl and I type like I talk.

I wouldn't count your eggs so soon lad, it will likely take you many months to get even remotely good at eqp squatting. Though weights do take a while to arrive, so you're probably right to start thinking about ordering some more. A shame about the box situation, maybe you could ask a hands on place near you to weld a metal stool or the like.

>tfw I'm so retarded that I accidentally suggested Netflix and chill for the third date and she fucking ran with it
madman. Aye my gf came over specifically to get her degree but she's struggling a bit because her English isn't fantastic. Despite her acting a bit distant she is pleasant and loyal though.

Got another body fat test done in the gym, 3 months since my last one.

Even though i put on 2kg, my lean body mass went down. Being natty is a meme

hey guys open one tab with this
youtube.com/watch?v=OQm8ZOPFnG4
and one tab with this
youtube.com/watch?v=SDmbGrQqWog
enjoy friends :)

If that was the bioelectrical impedance test, those are inaccurate as fuck

i have had 3 in in the last 18 months and my lean body mass has been the within 1 kg in all of them.

Can confirm.
Shanghai gf actually asked to meet immediately after finding out I pulled 4pl8, because that's "over three times her bodyweight".
lel
>she's struggling a bit because her English isn't fantastic. Despite her acting a bit distant she is pleasant and loyal though.
Similar to my experience. I think the not-so-great English is cute, though.

Benchy, you still around?
1.) First, I feel the need to address that you are just awful. Just AWFUL.
2.) Quit using bent-wrist grip. False grip with a flat wrist.
3.) Watch this video. youtube.com/watch?v=xTphQ7FI7Jg
For the next 2-3 months, work SPECIFICALLY on this movement. Don't try and blend it all together until the end of the second month at least. 4 individual movements.
Hips back.
Descend.
HEE-UP DRAHVE
Hips forward.

And stick a box under your butt so you won't drop below parallel, get you used to proper depth.

Something could have changed, causing a massive variation. They aren't hard to trick desu. Stick to calipers, or hydrostatic weighing/dexa, if you can afford it.

>I think the not-so-great English is cute, though.
Aye it's quite endearing, though my sister called me creepy when I told her.

>called me creepy
Well she's a dick, then.

Na me and my sister bantz.

>Shanghai gf actually asked to meet immediately after finding out I pulled 4pl8, because that's "over three times her bodyweight".
Holy kek the exact same thing happened with my gf after I showed her a video of me squatting.
>tfw squat is actually dog shit

Iktfb :(

friend

why are you sexless

Too much work for school?

gf caught him with his sidepiece

Mate I think you're the opposite of what that guy was saying.