Advocados

Are Advocados Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/olive-oil-and-artery-function/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seen as a healthy food in general. Has a high fat so it might not fit your macros if you care

It says its healthy fat if that makes a difference?
Eating one right now bretty gud desu, tastes kind of meaty and filling unlike the salad or cucumber or whatever I usually eat for vegetables.

yes. great source of fat.

Depends what ur goals are. I was surprised to find that they were slightly lower in most instances of nutritional value than a potato. Try cross checking. I love avocados so I still prefer em any day

Potato
fat - 0.1g
calories - 77
Fiber - 2.2g

Well shit, I thought potatoes where highly fatty.

Avocado
calories - 160
fat - 15g ('healthy fat apparently')
fibre - 7g

I'm bulking but I do a shittonne of cardio unlike most of Veeky Forums.

it's probably one of the only foods that nobody can argue about. It's approved for beetus/heart diets. Keto diets. Vegan diets. Bulking/cutting. It's tasty, everybody loves it.

Truly a godtier food.

I like the taste and need more vegetables in muh diet. I'm trying it out.

Avo is great, I eat an entire fruit almost every day. Pictured is the shit you actually want to avoid.

>Avo is great, I eat an entire fruit almost every day.
I'm gonna try and find it for cheaper but yeah thinking of eating one everyday after dinner.
>pasta is bad
Why though isn't it what athletes eat? I been eating it all the time.

>I'm bulking and also do a shipload of cardio
lol opinion discarded

>shipload
you added that, go read it properly next time.

>I'm gonna try and find it for cheaper but yeah thinking of eating one everyday after dinner.

I try to have an avocado every day but that doesn't always happen. I don't even care about the size of them. They are indeed filling unlike other things you're going to eat.

I had to take a pretty in-depth physical for insurance and my cholesterol was was odd. Bad cholesterol was low, but so was good. Dr. said eat more fish and avocado to bring the good up. Also recommended ground flax, a tablespoon or two per day. I go in for a follow-up in three months.

>cholestorol was bad
I never get tested for shit like this. I'd probably stress a lot over it if I did.
>filling
Yeah I figure eating one a day would fill space that could be used for something less healthy like crisps or whatever.

Getting blood tested for a1c cholesterols etc and getting the data is the only way to check your health other than getting a horrible disease that destroys the function of the body. If you're healthy now get it checked right away.

>It says its healthy fat

The avocado is speaking to you?

you are basically eating oil straight, still dont know why people love them. they are incredibly unhealthy and people eat a shitton of them.

Yes.
Olive oil is healthy though.

> He doesn't know that avocados are full of soluble fiber
> He still believes in the low-fat meme

Holy shit user get it together.

but potatoes spike your blood sugar faster than pure glucose. avocados do not. too much fat and fiber.//

God tier with chicken, bacon, or eggs

pasta is bad cuz carbs

OO isn't really healthy, it's just less bad than some other stuff

nutritionfacts.org/video/olive-oil-and-artery-function/

believe it or not, but the seed is the most healthy part, its got an insane ammount of anti-oxidants and macro trace elements in it
you cook the fucker in an oven for two hours
then ground it down to a fine powder
throw a teaspoon full over your meal, and hey-presto you gonna be a healthy lil wigga

>OO isn't really healthy, it's just less bad than some other stuff
This is the case with just about everything "healthy" though.

Some foods clearly improve your health. You eat them and you're better off than when you hadn't eaten it. Olive oil isn't one of those foods.

>unlike most of Veeky Forums
wow slut
thanks for making it personal

If you bother to google "olive oil pubmed" you'll see it actually is.

See >The relative paralysis of our arteries for hours after eating fast food and cheesecake may also occur after olive oil. Olive oil was found to have the same impairment to endothelial function as the rest of these high-fat meals. Sausage and Egg McMuffin was the worst, but olive oil wasn’t far behind.
>Studies that have suggested endothelial benefits after olive oil consumption have measured something different—ischemia-induced, as opposed to flow-mediated, dilation—and there’s just not good evidence that that’s actually an index of endothelial function, which is what predicts heart disease. Hundreds of studies have shown that the test can give a false negative result.
>There have been studies, though, showing even extra virgin olive oil, contrary to expectations, may significantly impair endothelial function as well. So why do some studies suggest people’s endothelial function improves on a Mediterranean diet, a diet rich in olive oil? Perhaps because it’s also rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, beans, and walnuts, as well. Dietary fruits and vegetables appear to provide some protection against the direct impairment of endothelial function produced by high-fat foods, including olive oil. So, improvements in health may be in spite of, rather than because of, the oil. In terms of their effects on postprandial endothelial function (after a meal), the beneficial components of the Mediterranean diet may primarily be the antioxidant-rich foods—the vegetables, fruits, and their derivatives, such as balsamic vinegar.

Its beneficial in small dose, detrimental in larger dose dimwit. Learn2google