I translated some medieval anectodes of Ibn-Battuta

We headed for the land of the Turks. This place is known as Rome (Rum) because this country belonged to Romans once. Romans and Greeks are the original inhabitants of this country. There are still a lot of Christians who live under Muslim Turkmen rule.

When we arrived in Anatolia, wherever we went, people showed a lot of interest in us. Our neighbors, women or men, always did the honours. Here women don't cover their faces. When we were about to leave our neighbours bid their farewells to us as if we were their relatives and shed tears for us.

Allah created them (Turks) superior to other peoples with those virtues. But they always chew Hashish.

It was the second day we arrived in Antalya. One of the Ahi youths called "Fityan" went up to Sheikh Shabaddin Hamavi and talked to him in Turkish. In those days I didn't speak Turkish. He was wearing a worn-out dress and had a felt hat on his head. Sheik turned to me and said:

-"Do you know what's this guy talking about?" He asked
-"I do not" i replied.
-"He invites you and your friends to dinner". When he said that i was surprised. But i said yes. When the guy left i had a suspicion. "This guy looks poor, he probably has no wealth to host us." I said. In response, Sheik said: "This guy is the leader of Ahis, he's one of the heads of leather workers. he's known for his generosity and among the workers he has 200 men. The Ahis elected him as leader. They spend whatever they gain in daylight at night."

After the evening prayer the man came up to us again. We went together and found ourselves in a magnificent zawiya. This place was covered by the best rugs and carpets that Anatolia could offer. This place is illuminated by a lot of chandeliers made of Iraqi glass.

Other urls found in this thread:

haberturk.com/gundem/haber/1325087-bakirkoydeki-hesap-odeme-cinayetinin-zanlisina-hapis-cezasi-verildi
archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.39643
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the middle of the zawiya, there's a special place for guests. When we went there they offered us various foods, fruits and desserts. Then they started to sing and dance. Their good behaviour surprised us even more. Hours later, at the end of the night, we left them in their zawiya and set out.

From there, we went to Burdur. It's a small city surrounded by gardens and rivers.
In the city of Burdur, a man among locals organized a feast in his garden. they slaughtered some cattles. The happiness caused by meeting us was really astounding. We couldn't understand their language. They couldn't understand our language. There was no interpreter. But we spent a day with them.

When we entered the city of Gölhisar, some people who left their shops in the Bazaar started to block our path. Suddenly an another group came and stopped them and started to quarrel with each other. As the quarrel continued for too long, some of them unsheathed their daggers and tried to attack each other. They were talking but we could understand nothing. We were afraid. We thought they were bandits of Germiyan, the city belonged to the Germiyans. We thought they wanted our lives and properties. Then a guy who could speak Arabic came. We asked him: "What are these people talking about?"

"These people are Ahis" he said. And then he also said that both sides want to host us, this is why they were fighting. It's really impossible to not be surprised at the hospitality that Turkmens showed.

We set on a journey to Kayseri. This city belongs to the Sultan of Iraq. Kayseri is one of the most important cities in this country. One of Alaeddin Eretna Beg's wives lives in this city. This woman is known for his generosity and kindness among women of Eretna. She's related to Sultan of Iraq (Ilkhanate). She's called "Agha". Her real name is "Togay Khatun". When we came into her presence, she greeted us standing. She said good words and ordered her servants to prepare a meal.
When we were about to leave, she gifted us a horse with full riding equipment, a dress and gave us some money. She also apologized for not being able to come with us.

City of Balıkesir is populous and has rich and lovely bazaars but there is no mosque big enough for Friday prayers so the locals tried to build a mosque outside the city. Even though they finished the walls the roof is still not completed.

Name of the Sultan of Balıkesir is Demurhan. He's useless. The city was founded by his father. During the Oghuz rule neither the city developed nor its population grew. He gifted me a garment made of silk. In Balıkesir i bought a Greek concubine called "Margalita".

Then we arrived in the city of Bursa. This is a magnificent city. Its bazaars and streets are large. The city is surrounded by green gardens and rivers. There's a hot fount outside the city flowing. It flows into a big lake. Upon it 2 baths were built. One for women and one for men.

Sultan of Bursa is Orhan Beg (Second Ottoman Sultan at the same time). Orhan is the son of Osman. This sultan among the Turkmen rulers ise the biggest in terms of wealth, country size and soldiers. He has about 100 castles. He spends most of his time patrolling around the castles. According to the rumors he doesn't stay in a city longer than 1 month, he's always fighting against the infidels, always conquering their cities. Also it was his father who liberated this city from the Romans. I met him here. He gave me bags of dinars.

that's all. There's still stuff to translate but they're mainly about hospitality

Cool! Also bumping

BOYNUMA DOLA

>turks would engage in deathmatches to host guests
neat

it's still a part of our culture imo. for example 1 year ago some people were in a restaurant and each wanted to pay for the restaurant bill, they argued with each other then one of them took out a pistol and started to fire. One of them died 2 were wounded
haberturk.com/gundem/haber/1325087-bakirkoydeki-hesap-odeme-cinayetinin-zanlisina-hapis-cezasi-verildi

Interesting read. Thanks for posting this, better than another "board culture" thread

> some of them unsheathed their daggers and tried to attack each other.

> they argued with each other then one of them took out a pistol and started to fire

Your people are fucking retarded.

whites don't understand what pride means
s.mh

Wow this was a fascinating read, thank you for posting it.

bump

good thread desu

Well done OP. These kinds of threads are why I still have faith in Veeky Forums

I remember reading a long time ago a story by a veteran where he said in Afghanistan there were some Afghans that had no problem sharing their daughters to some american soldiers since he was hosting them.

Thanks for the read.,

Stupid culture
But thank you for sharing op

Excellent read, OP.

>And then he also said that both sides want to host us, this is why they were fighting

That is hilarious.

As a kebab we always do this. Though i never seen it turn into full fight. When i was living in europe, friends would look at me weird when i try to pay for food etc. It is interesting peculiar aspect of turkish culture but i like it even though it is not logical. Also in turkey if you visit someone`s home they always say you should stay more and always offer tea. It is nice.

Yeah I was in Turkey and lots of people were doing this. You guys drink so much tea that it's almost unbelievable, and i'm English.

> friends would look at me weird when i try to pay for food etc. It is interesting peculiar aspect of turkish culture

> Also in turkey if you visit someone`s home they always say you should stay more and always offer tea. It is nice.

This is basically most places outside the West, not just Turkish culture.

Especially non-Zagreb area Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia.

Turkey has tea consumption. 1.5 more than brits iirc. Also glasses are small so it looks like we more.

more than twice.

We do that as well un Spain, but we dont kill eachother, just get a bit mad with eachother but thats all

Kek I guess we didn't change that much afterall.
Also hospitality is really important in turkish culture, I thought it was the same for arabs desu.

this thread generated less replies than i thought

It's kind of the same for us
There's a tale about how a family had a guy who killed someone close to them came to there house and they hosted them as long as he was their guest

>In Balıkesir i bought a Greek concubine called "Margalita".

Nice

>Name of the Sultan of Balıkesir is Demurhan. He's useless.
I love this dude

Who the fuck were Ibn Battuta, Khaldun, etc. that got to meet all the fucking sultans, queens, sheiks, etc? Were all those "travellers" rich noblemen to be welcomed by such important people? Or was every random travelling merchant invited to party with sultans?

Ibn Battuta was rich

I googled some and found a translation of the same here.
archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.39643

great work user

>In Balıkesir i bought a Greek concubine called "Margalita"

Quality thread deserves to be bumped.

>"This guy is the leader of Ahis, he's one of the heads of leather workers. he's known for his generosity and among the workers he has 200 men. The Ahis elected him as leader. They spend whatever they gain in daylight at night."
Why is this so comfy? Imagine being a humble leather worker, possibly a tanner who is stinky all the time, you live in poverty and probably have to bathe several times a day to suppress fleas and such, you won't live long, your wife is probably little more attractive and some of your kids will die young, yet you work all day and chew hashish at night and are generous to strangers even though they do nothing but eat your food. Despite all this desperate poverty your community somehow manages to elect a noncorrupt leader and avoid tyranny, at least at this strata.

Holy fuck m8, after a certain point hospitality is just going too far.

>mehmet, my son
Did racemixing white girls save the white race?

Sure, the white man straddled the world for 500 years, but before then Europe was beset by numerous invaders and the white race would have been reduced to Scandinavia, the Balkans, Sardinia and the Basque region had the bringers of R1, R2 and other haplotypes not been tempted to spare pale blushing blue/green eyed ginger/blonde women with qt celestial noses.

As their half white Chad sons progressed further into Evropa the process would begin again, they'd breed with the local women instead of bringing their own. Within a few generations they'd be octoroons and basically white unless you believe in the one drop meme. They'd also have european mitochondrial DNA which has more effect than the Y chromosome and so is phenotypically more "white".

Also the more weak and effeminate white boys are the more likely they are to be spared also, becoming the boipucci plaything of some swarthy invader and after being ingratiated into the tribe perhaps breeding with one of the mixed race women left behind.

Perhaps this explains white people's obsession with cuckoldry and becoming sissies. It is genetically ingrained.

Hey OP where did you find it in Arabic? I studied فصحى but mostly to read religious texts and the Quran. How understandable is it compared to Arabic in the Quran?

Hospitality is important user.
Doesn't matter if its in a yurt, medieval hut or a modern house.

Tbh some villages in inner anatolia are still a bit like this.
Only thing is that young people go to larger cities en masse so these villages are filled with old people.

Thx OP
That’s a change from autistic shitposting and polposting

whites are still subhumans though.

see here for example whites are retarded subhumans.

Hey, Ibn-Battuta was a northern berber, can I get a honorary WE in this thread?

Think this shit is great? Wait until he goes to Africa.

same cuck

nope.

Nice work OP

it is obvious you are the same cuck who spends hours spamming "wh*Toid" "eurangutan" "turks are big black guys" "native americans are superior because they arrived in 10000 BC and had agriculture in 4000 BC while europeans arrived in 45000 BC and had agriculture in 7000 BC" bullshit here, it is hard to miss it if you are a regular on Veeky Forums, the funny thing is you're white

>Turks
>Arabs
Who cares lmao

not sure if white or amerimutt
nope.
however i do hate whites for they always try to relate my people to their inferior, dying race.
>the funny thing is you're white
in your dreams maybe.
if you want to see how i look like check your mom's cell phone.

Nobody besides Amerisharts thinks you Sandniggers are White

tell that to white subhumans who always say we're actually ancient byzantine whites lmao

i'd actually be glad if i were called arap, because even araps are better than white subhumans.

The self hate and how hard you want that somebody calls you white when nobody really does lmao

Why would i want to be called white?
I have already stated that whites are inferior subhumans. In fact, in real life, i'd probably break your bones for implying that i want to be white. As i mentioned before, whites are subhumans and i have nothing to do with them. But leftists/amerimutts/white subhumans etc think i actually do. Which is the core of the problem.

Now learn to read before you try to talk back to me, you subhuman yacubite spawn.

Now getting rational all of sudden?
Butthurt shitskin arab lmoa

Let's stop replying to trolls and make this thread great again.

>shitskin
see the white subhuman still implies i'm one of them

>Mrs. Doyle.jpg