DONATING BLOOD

Hey /fit, going to donate my blood in the next few hours.

Wanna ask, will I lose my gains from doing so? And should I eat something prior to donating?

>donating blood in the next few hours
>questioning loss of gains

Why come up with that question now??

If you can't even provide a coherent answer, stop asking and kys.

Donating your life force is dumb.

No, you won't lose any gains. You'll feel normal the next day.

Yes, you should be well fed and hydrated.

Will donating supercharged blood on roids affect the recipient?

Nah bro you'll be alright. Your blood will regenerate. Just don't lift afterwards.

I gave blood and then went for a heavy shoulder day ~2 hours later

>mid set DB shoulder press
>feel incredible warmth in antecubital fossa (crook of elbow)
>think nothing of it
>rep later feel warmth spreading
>look over at light gray sweater
>huge increasing blood stain
>ohshitohshit
I'm in the middle of a gym, I don't want anyone freaking out or thinking I was shot or anything
>carefully put weights back
>cover wound
>make haste to locker room and leave

It bled a whole fuckton before I noticed lol. Didn't hurt, I guess the clot just ruptured

Well, injecting non-prescription drugs is deemed a high risk activity, so you'll be asked not to donate.

If you just lied and donated anyway; then no. Clearly it wouldn't have any effect on the recipient. It's 1L of blood dude. It's not a cycle

>losing gains from donating blood

Nah, in fact you're going to get more gains when the new bloods pumped into your system later on.

I don't think you're supposed to eat before giving blood. Blood sugar or somethin like that?

Do correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong.

If your blood sugar spikes to a level where it would have a negative effect on the recipient, you've got problems yourself. You're probably diabetic

Yeah thats what I heard, my bad.

So should a person fast or skip breakfast prior to blood donation?

Nah man, I got a donation coming up next week and they specifically say to eat before you come.

If you want to increase your chances of passing out or feeling like you're going to pass out, go for it.

But I'm on a cut. I think I ought to drink some Milo drinks or fruit juice.

I think that's only when you're getting a blood test done for your doctor so it doesn't give a decieving look of your body chemistry. If you're donating, you're going to want food in your system to help your body make up the missing blood again.

No, tons of guys have to donate on roids for health reasons anyway.

Not much gains loss if you planned it around your workouts since you can't lift the same day you donate. And yes, you should eat something high on carbs and drink about a litre of water before donating.

Anyone else /donate plasma/?

>Doesn't incapacitate you like blood donation
>Get to watch the junkie freaks come and go as you donate
>Phlebotomists actually know what they're doing and aren't trainees who will fuck up your arm
>Get paid to sit in a chair and shitpost on your phone

Just lift before you donate

You need 600 calories to replace 500mL of blood. Eat a good brekky and you'll still come out ahead

i dont donate shit

The unit of blood you donate is separated into packed red cells, plasma, cryo precipitate, and maybe a couple other products. It is thoroughly tested. The recipient is likely a gi bleed who will poop out your blood an hour later. Thanks alcohol abusers

Right here my dude. I like it better because (in addition to the money) it doesn't interfere with my lifting, I can do a workout a few afters after donating, whereas donating blood (a double) leaves me half-dead for the rest of the day.
I found a way to game the system too, there are two competing plasma centers near me. Both have a thing where if you don't come in for 2 months they'll up the payment to $50 a pop for one month. Hit it twice a week and I can make $400. After a month the other place will put up the same offer, and I'll take a month off in between so that every other month I'll be making $400 from one of the two places, which adds up to more than I'd make donating twice a week of every single week.

>trainees who will fuck up your arm
I want to donate but this is my greatest fear. A friend of mine said that there was an electric sensation when they put in the needle, and he couldn't hit his normal arm-related weights for weeks. I've heard a couple of stories from people here too. is it likely?

youll lose all of your gains, donating blood is the direct result of gyno as losing too much blood causes most of the testosterone to flush out as well causing a massive spike in estrogen

From my own experience, even experienced nurses can fuck you up. My experience with a supposedly qualified female nurse, she found that my right arm's vein doesn't flow as much blood as she'd liked.

She then popped the needle on my left arm's vein to get more blood to flow. Left was okay, up until five minutes later and still short 100ml to fill the 1 pint requirement. She proceed to pop the needle again in my right arm's vein and after 10 minutes this torture ended.

My arms were bruised and sore like shit that day.

Also, as for the sensation part, it's just a small piercing pain, like a really strong pinch on your vein.

I've donated 20-ish times and the worst experience I've had was when a trainee put it in too high and they had to start over twice. I've never actually been injured by any fuck-ups.

Generally male technicians are better and faster at it. Maybe something to do with precision.

OP here.

Just donated. The nurse was a qt, managed to nab her number when I jokingly ask for it while browsing Facebook.

Have yet to eat anything, so I'm going to eat during dinner.

Thanks Veeky Forums for the thread.

You lose actual protein when you donate plasma. I've done it twice and both times all I wanted to do was vomit and sleep. It made me so weak, I had a hard time driving back home

On another note, my BP was 138/70. Pre-hypertension.

brb guise not gonna make it.

So according to that logic, will my boobs grow if I donate blood?

In most cases you have to sign a sworn statement the info given is true to the best of your knowledge and proposefully lying can land you criminal charges. Not worth it.

They say eat and drink plenty before and after donation, especially simple carbs, at least in Australia.