Alright guys, just finished bulking gained 22 lbs from 182-204 (6'2 here)built a decent strenght base after 8 months...

Alright guys, just finished bulking gained 22 lbs from 182-204 (6'2 here)built a decent strenght base after 8 months, what now? Do i start cutting, hypertrophy work? Or what do you guys recommend?

You gained way the fuck too much fat or you were too fat to begin with

i think you need to shut the fuck up

That might be true, so what? start cutting 500-1250 deficit?

Never post a selfie on Veeky Forums unless you use steroids, I hope you learned your lesson. The average poster would rather look at pretty naked men than be of any use to others.

This

you should probably take a day or two to reflect on the terrible decision that youve made to "BULK" (aka get even fatter) from 182lbs to over 204 lbs hahahhahahahhaha dont you have anyone to give you advice besides here?

No, not really

dont cut more than 500 cals or youll lose all gains m8

You're retarded or extremely inexperienced.

OP what are your goals?

>Jason Genova body

Well shit man i want to be swole as fuck but not look like a retarded sea lion

Be bigger, stronger, but with

> Buy trainer bra
> Begin transitioning to woman as you already have female breasts and wide birthing hips
> Continue bodybuilding career
There we go.

If you're naturally high(ish) body fat, you have to pick. Shredded or strong. Most athletes are 13-20% bf for a reason. It's hormonally functional.

Thats not to say you can't do a slow bulk most of the year, and cut with lots of LISS when you want to look ripped for summer. But you have to have reasonable expectations.

I'd say do a recomp. It is a SLOW process. Stay around your TDEE, maybe 200 under or over on average per week. Do this for a long time. Strength/muscle gains will be very minimal during this time. But your body fat will drop if you stick with it, and you will still be able to make gains. It is SLOW though, remember, reasonable expectations.

Good luck OP, stick with it long term. It will pay off.

Thank you user, the moment i staryed lifting i knew it would be a loooong process im in no hurry to make it, i just want to do it right

Also, stay the fuck away from Veeky Forums and bodybuilding. com

Full of seriously insecure and overly aggressive wannabes. It's just not worth the body dysmorphia (which is real.)

Where should i go for advice then?

You aren't really that big this thread is just full of prepubescent skeletons that read 6'2'' and got triggered. You could go either direction depending on goals. It's summer so you'll probably cut.

Condense your question into something you can do proper research on. It helps you understand more clearly what you want, and gives you sources other than broscience.

Also, books. Both of Rippetoes books for novices (Starting Strength and Practical Programming for Strength Training) are basically mandatory reading for anyone trying to understand what you're actually doing in the gym. I know SS is a meme now, and Mark is pretty salesman-y, but he really does know what he's talking about.

Lastly, in my experience, powerlifting groups know a lot about making gains and staying in certain weight classes, and oly lifters know a lot about technical aspects and mobility.

Again, good luck OP. You seem like a cool guy I hope you make some gains breh

Im not planning on doing much either than working and lifitng durimg the summer so maybe a slow cut?

I will make it some day and you will too, i won't quit and i know you wont either, i have a friend whos in a powerlifting team, i copied his routine here sorry if its a bit blurry

Read those books. You can find them on torrent sites. They explain very clearly the best method of making gains as a novice.

I will explain breifly here:

A novice lifter is one who has the physical capability to adapt from a workout within 48-72 hours. This means if you squat (for a max) 315 for 5x5 Monday, eat right and get enough sleep, then squat 320 for 5x5 on Wednesday, you are still a novice. If those numbers are 615 and 620, it doesn't matter, you are still a novice. The defining factor of a novice lifter is his ability to adapt to a heavy workout by the time he next steps in the gym.

So, as a true novice, you increase the stimulus every time you step foot in the gym. The most measurable and most effective way to do this is to up the weight. Every time. This is the basic principle of novice strength training.

Failed bulk thread, okay.
Should I also do a recomp or just cut?

I suggest that you continue bulking and improve your 3 major lifts for another year before you cut otherwise you'll just be another skelly

So i try to lift heavier every single day? No hypertropy or anything? Just try to max out always? I mean ill give it. A shot bull I'll read the books first

You do a linear progression program (as opposed to a periodized progression).

The most popular ones are ICF 5x5/Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength 3x5.

I prefer ICF 5x5 for people newer to lifting, but you might want to tone down the accessories if it begins to get hard to recover from. 5x5 in general is a great rep sceme when you have no coach, since it should be light enough for form to not get really wonky super quick, and allows you to practice the lifts more (25 reps with working weight as opposed to 15 with a 3x5). That said, if you have someone with strong knowledge of the basic lifts, you will make faster strength gains with 3x5. But you need to have proper form or you're fucking yourself over long term.

I can't answer that, only you can. I prefer recomps for myself, because I don't care about slow progress as long as I keep my strength. It is fucking SLOW though, don't be fooled. Will take many many months to do.

I just hit 8 months, 5-6 days a week 2 hours each. I just don't know why i look so shitty, well ill give your advice a shot and see what happens

Shit man blaha is a meme though, he really doesnt look like anything near my goals, you sure icf 5x5 is good?

You don't look shitty. Honestly, you don't. You have a high natural body fat level, combined with just finishing a bulk.

You have to remember, when browsing the internet and especially places like this, the pics posted tend to be of people that are genetically gifted and showing off, have been doing this a long time and are showing off, have done a cycle or two and are showing off, or have finished a cut and are showing off. Most ordinary people don't post torso shots, why would they? They look average or below.

That's why I said to try and avoid Veeky Forums, body dysmorphia is real.

I suppose I'll cut a few kg and then do a recomp.

All that makes sense but im still a bit skeptic on blahas program

Blaha was sick for 3 years and crippled in bed for the last of that, then bounced back to compete in powerlifting.

Add to that, he is a man in his 30s that stays at a high bodyfat. Of course he doesn't look like a "goal body".

Which by the way, you will never reach unless you happen to find someone who competes as a true natty with almost identical bone structure and muscle insertions (i.e. never).

Don't make lookig at yourself in the mirror your long term motivation, unless you want to feed your insecurity.

Blaha is naturally cold-blooded as you can see through his reptilian features as well as his extreme "coolness" under pressure. This naturally lowers his metabolism and means that his bodyfat stays high even though he carries more muscle than Serge Nubret and has powerlifting numbers comparable to Ed Coan.