I heard that men preferred thick women over skinny women in the past. How true is it ?

I heard that men preferred thick women over skinny women in the past. How true is it ?

Dunno, depends on the era and place, I guess?
This is the wife of Charles V. She had the reputation of being very pretty. She was not fat, as we can see here.

>in the past
When? Where?

probably because people were skinny af back then and a bit of fat was indicative of wealth and health

And this is Venus de Milo.

And this is the Birth of Venus.
She is also skinny.

Untrue. Medieval art glorified dainty figures with tiny breasts and constrained proportions.

First of all, the word is fat, not thick, you disgusting millennials

Second of all, the painter Rubens is considered evidence of this theory. But he may have been the exception.

At one point, the Romans preferred women with small breasts as opposed to "pendulous" (aka large and saggy) breasts. No idea what time or how common that opinion was.

But then you see statues of Ishtar and whatnot with ENORMOUS jugs.

Society had shifted by baroque period and women were encouraged to corset or wear farthingales by this point, reflecting a greater desire for proportion.

Some prefer one and some prefer another.

Renaissance Era was all about the thicc

This is literally why.

Generally speaking damn near all of Africa preferred fat women or thick women.

In certain eras yes but beauty standards were never really rigid.

thicc women can work harder and look like they have starved less

Botticelli painted the best cuties

this was never popular

>I heard that men preferred thick women over skinny women in the past
You read it wrong. That depends on which periods and cultures you are talking about.

They preferred healthy women with good child-rearing capabilities. Much like we do now. Our views on beauty haven't really changed to be honest.

She is not skinny. Do you see protruding ribs? Pelvis? Flat pubic?

>over skinny women

'skinny women' were never a standard of beauty till around 1950is, victorian era had a thing for 'gracial' women, so maybe skinny, then the french had a thing for tuberculosis at some point, all sorts of shit was popular at some point, realy whatever is what women tend to look like any way but then some aspect of it gets pushed to some extreme till that stops being fashionable, but mostly people like tits and ass and skinny women have less

>skinny

I read somewhere that "slim waist" is the most common descriptor for women in literature throughout the world and throughout history.