Any love for old-school bodybuilding?

any love for old-school bodybuilding?

I don't like today's roidmonsters

Other urls found in this thread:

gallica.bnf.fr/services/engine/search/sru?operation=searchRetrieve&version=1.2&query=(gallica all "cadine")
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dude looks great

great one! Got a name?

Except for the lack of chest in most of these guys they are all aesthetic af

i don't see the point in having a huge chest

definitely my ideal body mode since it's the most aesthetic you can look naturally. god bless eugene

training routines have improved since his time

ernest cadine, you can find more pics here :
gallica.bnf.fr/services/engine/search/sru?operation=searchRetrieve&version=1.2&query=(gallica all "cadine")

merci beaucoup

Impressive as hell, considering these guys had neither routines, decent knowledge about nutrition nor good gym equipment.

Too bad routine is basically irrelevant for bodybuilding as long as you increase the volume progressively.

Ernest Cadine

Although, his prime was in the 1920's so maybe he was on some primitive gear?

Possibly. They all used cocaine to cut so claiming natty is dubious in the first place.

Oh shit I'm not natty? I blaze before the gym all the time.

They did have the advantage of starting relative lean from an active lifestyle though. Must be awesome to be able to jump straight into bulking, instead of cutting for months on end while lifts and muscle gains are stalled

>mfw

Does it quantifiably improve your performance? Yes? Then you use PEDs and are therefore not natural.

I'd actually like less of a chest and more shoulders. The chest and biceps are really superfluous muscles.

Do i have full blown body dismorphia or do his arms look pretty small? O_O Being lean is cool and all, but he doesn't look strong.

thats pretty small in bodybuilding standards, but it's a nice body

Literally testosterone was discovered in the mid 30's

>the leopard print

Palumboism starts early.

That doesn't mean that people had access to it. York was one of the top gyms in the world, with multiple olympic world champions and bodybuilders and they didn't have access to steroids until the 60's

The first real chest exercise didn't exist until 1895. The bench press wasn't invented for another 50 years after that. They really couldn't work their chest. Even if they had such exercises, large chests were considered feminine, and these guys were manly.

I'm wondering if this is actually healthier, as most posture problems come from stronger muscles on the front

This is why it's important to press overhead, regardless of your physical goals.

I know they didnt have bench press back then but fuck this lools kinda silly

It seemed to me when I first saw it that the doryphoros of polykleitos (athenian statue) seemed "back-heavy" by modern standards.

Wow bodybuilding use to actually have some dignity. These men look strong and healthy, not like the abominations of today.

i feel like we should have a renaissance of this

>implying those of us that are natty arent trying for this

Most of us can go straight to bulking, you fat fuck

What your saying is flatly contradicted by the evidence, so why do you even keep saying it? Isn't it embarrassing to be wrong and have everyone know it? Training, including diet, has changed and today's natural body builders have much, much better development than these guys.

Don't get me wrong, I admire these pioneers greatly. They have great physiques especially given the limitations they were working under.

I remember reading somewhere they used to eat pigs testicles as means of increasing test. Not sure about how true it was

This. As shocking as it may seem, there are lifters today who don't roid. Sure only the juicers with guts past their knees get the attention, but that doesn't mean natties don't exist. We're all striving for that.

We're all gonna make it, man

>today's natural body builders
there's no way to tell if someone is natural that I'm aware of.

so you're saying OHP is good for back?

would OHP alleviate costochondritis? sternum inflammation?

apparently costochondritis happens when your sternum gets too much pressure from the rib cage because it's overcompensating for the weak back muscles.

Of course that's true but just because something is possible doesn't mean it's likely. There are several natural bodybuilders who we can be reasonably confident are natural and have always been natural. You're right they could have some history of use, and unless we have weekly bloods from them we'll never know, but I don't think it's fair to say that NO modern natural body builders are natural.

Also, bodybuilders from more modern eras yet still prior to testosterone discovery are substantially larger than Sandow and crew. Diet and routine are very important and we know a lot more now than we used to. It's not all just about hard work.... There is science to it.

There are little hints you can use.
>Delts look like cannon balls
>Traps have a sharp turn instead of soft curve
>Skin looks dry, tight, and veiny like that of a penis
>Acne
>Overly aggressive
>Tiny balls
>If you see them sticking needles in their ass
Last one is pretty loose though so don't trust it 100%

do standing calf raises m8

I wouldn't say none are natual - but I think there's no way of telling someone is 100% so it's an unknown now. Once testosterone is introduced that's it - no more information.

those signs are reduced if you use small amounts or if you use them a certain way if I understood it right.

I know a way to completely hide the last sign.

Just don't do it.

OHP is extremely good for your back. It works the muscles behind your shoulders and your midsection, which holds your back in good posture. A standing press is best, in my opinion, but a military press or seated military press is fine too. Stay away from any behind the neck pressing though.

Anecdotally, when I started ohp I made my lower back very sore for over a week. I suspect that the lower back muscles were even weaker than my arms and shoulders. It's not primarily a lower back exercise but it definitely uses those muscles to stabilize the torso during the lift and if they're deficient you will need to bring them up to par before proceeding.

ye