I eat 4 to 5 bananas a day , I just fucking love bananas , Is this bad ? What is Veeky Forums's thoughts about bananas

I eat 4 to 5 bananas a day , I just fucking love bananas , Is this bad ? What is Veeky Forums's thoughts about bananas

Other urls found in this thread:

freakonomics.com/podcast/food-science-victory-a-new-freakonomics-radio-episode/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off you Freelee lovin vegan cunt

I'm not a vegan

Oh so you admit to living freelee

I've hated bananas since I was a kid, but since you insist I will eat one anyway. In fact, there should be a roll thread of what fruit you eat right now.

If you ate some bad meat or something you want out of your system, and don't have to be anywhere the next day eat like 20.

>not licking feely

Apparently the standard banana cultivar that you get at most stores today is basically the shittiest banana you can get.

Up until the 1950s the Gros Michel was the main banana cultivar, but it got mostly wiped from the face of the earth from some disease. Since the Cavendish (the banana you get in the store today) was immune to the disease, they replaced all the banana plantations with this new cultivar.

Thing is, the Cavendish was considered a shite banana by all standards. It had the worst taste of any modern banana cultivar, but since it was immune to the disease, it became the leading brand.

Apparently the Gros Michel tastes way closer to what fake banana flavor tastes like, sweeter, and creamier.

I really dont even know what this means

how do you like bananas? they're plain, have a weird texture, and are so filling that i can manage 1 a day tops

t. hungry skeleton

They're junk food fruit.

freakonomics.com/podcast/food-science-victory-a-new-freakonomics-radio-episode/

>The problem is that, as a result of many years of breeding food for taste and productivity, we’ve created a menu of modern fruits and vegetables that aren’t necessarily good for us.
>Because the fruits and vegetables that most people pick in this country are extremely low in antioxidants. And that includes things like melons and sweet corn, white sweet corn and white potatoes and bananas, iceberg lettuce. They’re at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to food values.

Eat healthier fruits like berries instead.

I'm sorry I asked

it's bananas if you ask me

>BANANAS
>FILLING

Bananas have been proven to be the snack of choice for closet homosexuals.

exactly, I just skip that bullshit and gulp multivitamins like a mad cunt

????????????

winner

The potassium in bananas contains K-40, a radioactive isotope that emits beta particles. Consumed in large enough quantities, you run the risk of increasing your chance of cancer.

>inb4 ur cancer xDDD

shit I've been eating like 8 bananas a day.

Everything gives you cancer man, just stop worrying about it.

They're kinda s fruit anomaly to me, ever since i was a kid i associated them more with cakes, cookies, etc. than apples and pears and shit. Very high sugar content, great if you have the shits, damning if you can't shit.

Tasty in oatmeal with PB. Fine in moderation, like everything.

>itt: hyperkalaemia

Bitch pls. bananas aren't even that high in K. spinach is moreso. Hell even broccoli.

i eat 2 or 3 a day myself

that's pretty interesting
i was preemptively disappointed thinking you were going to say the cavendish was nutritionally valueless or something
the flavors good though, so i dont feel too robbed

You've been lied to user. The Cavendish is one of literally hundreds of varieties immune to original Panama disease that plagued the Gros Michel crops. The reason it's the most widely available now is because it's the best replacement. More than half of them are so terrible we can't even eat them, the rest simply weren't viable alternatives.

When the banana industry was devastated last century they needed a replacement strain that could be grown in the same conditions, survive transport from plantations across the world to stores, and still consistently arrive ripe and taste good. Out of all of the strains available, and innumerable attempts at creating new ones, Cavendish came out on top.

Sure they're a step down from the former title holder, and there are rarer varieties that some people like better when they can get them, but no others taste as good while being sustainable in the quantities people demand. In a few decades when TR4 makes these unsustainable and you're left with the next best option again, you'll understand.

But you're right about the artificial banana flavor. It was designed during Gros Michels' reign and was apparently pretty close, but now that we don't have those readily available to compare it to it tastes like candy compared to the bananas everyone knows.

>beta particles
what are some foods with alpha particles? PIZZA ?

t. bananascientist

5 bananas alone for breakfast here

Dust is the only thing I know of that's common and full of alpha particles

wow, i'm going to bite the dust from now on

This kid is so fucking baked

good carb source if you need it.
also potassium will keep cramps away.

Most smoke detectors contain some Americium-241 which is an alpha-emitter, so you could eat the contents of your smoke detector I guess

Are you black? If so, it's okay.

The best fruit. Eat as many as you want OP I back it. Fuck whoever calls you a vegan for eating them. They're low test faggots who watch too much youtube.

>can't eat more than ONE banana a day

top kek