Powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

asics.com/us/en-us/matflex-5/p/0010248140.9093
instagram.com/p/BBZJXliCGTc/?taken-by=hipsterphillip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hi guys.

Tomorrow an old friend returns to this great general

Be sure to tell him you've missed him!

It's not like he's been away though, just posting without the trip.

How essential is high intensity low volume when cutting?

I can't decide between Nuckols 3x week or TM for that reason.

Its not essential, but a lot of people do swear by it. Personally I find trying to do a lot of high % work on a cut fucks me up but that's just me.

Honestly so happy to have him back properly
Missed him a lot

STINKY

SMELLY

Drunk Canadians?

SWEATY

in4randomode

best poster for home gym desu

CURRY

NIGGER

what a goofy ass looking manlet

Think it's possible for me to run C6W repeatedly with 110kg bench, 170kg squat and a 190kg deadlift? Need a new programme other than Sheiko.
74kg bodyweight at 5'10 btw, bulking. Also need to change the bench programming, any recommendation?

KEK

GET

Run C6W with spotoshot.

THE

FUCK

I need new lifting shoes because tucking the ankle strap in on my sabos is getting annoying
post most aesthetic, long lasting flats you can NOW go go go

OFF

Noob here.

This guy doesnt even look big or really cut. How the fuck is he lifting that much??

>literally started 3weeks ago. 25 year old manlet here.

Dad strength.

wat did i do? :(

If you powerlift for forty years you retain a lot of strength in your old age.

I know someone who deadlifts more than that guy, whisky being ten years older and 30kg lighter.

>big
his glutes, hams, traps etc (all the big muscles involved in deadlifting) will be plenty big. he is fat though so you can't really tell
Remember, getting a huge deadlift isn't going to give you huge arms or juicy pecs
>or really cut
what has how cut you are got to do with how much you can lift?

He has been lifting for his whole life. We have a skinny old guy who must be over 70 in my gym and he benched over 2pl8 for reps first bench session after not benching for months due to a shoulder injury. Old people start losing strength but if they have a huge "base strength" they will still be immensly strong for a long time.

hey guise, what do I have to do to be like mark rippetoe?

i'll give it my all to look like a potato made out of equal parts fat and muscle and injure my back to the point where i need multiple surgeries, just as long as it allows me to accomplish perfectly meaningless physical tasks

why lift for aesthetics as if the world cares about how you look

mark rippetoe knows the secret that the world only cares about how much weight you deadlift

rippetoe is wisdom

Cmon mate, he's 60 years old in the webm. No one will look aesthetic when they're that old.

*nobody natural

Scooby at age 54 looks jacked as fuck. Maybe because he didn't overeat for the last half a century?

but scooby is using anabolic steroids and mark is not

Not essential, but it's easier to handle lower volume as you don't have many calories to burn with it.
Doing high intensity doesn't seem to be much of an issue, specially if the trainee is having a good intake of protein.

Again, it's a nuanced issue, not "essential".

I'd elaborate a bit more but honestly I shouldn't even be here right now.

:3

Yes.

8/10 at least you were a bit original with it

How does this discussion pertain to powerlifting?

Do you think these shoes would be any good for squatting?
asics.com/us/en-us/matflex-5/p/0010248140.9093

Not at all. Most people would be better off just by doing their normal program while cutting. And not cutting too fast, or doing a aggressive short cut.

we're trying to figure how retarded the average powerlifter is compared to the average bodybuilder

>we're trying to figure how retarded the average powerlifter is compared to the average bodybuilder
>>/youtubecommentsection/

fuck me swinging. I finally know why he calls himself Joffrey. That poor cunt.

Average bodybuilder trains like a retard by doing bro splits, but knows way more about nutrition.

>nutrition
biggest meme in the 'fitness' industry

What is there to know about nutrition?

Count calories and don't eat shit - woooooooo all that knowledge!

They're usually not in a retardly huge surplus when bulking.

>knows way more about nutrition.
ahahahahahah
>"you can only eat chicken and rice if you eat pizza you get fat"

kek this

the only bodybuilder that are knowledge in nutrition are natural bodybuilders like alberto nunez, chris elkins, eric helms and etc

not sure if srs lol

have you seen any videos of bodybuilders (not natural)? they know nothing

Why is it that pretty much no nutrionists account for race and gender?

>2 days of not eating like a complete piece of shit and doing a bit of cardio
>down 2lbs and feel about 5X less flabby and disgusting already

Shid. Needed to get back on this track a while ago.

Black people eat more chicken
Asians eat rice
Africans doesn't eat
Women eat less of everything
t. nutritionist

>and injure my back to the point where i need multiple surgeries,
he was hit by a car when he was on his motorbike...

I thought it was the 8th, not the 5th

Iktfb, I dropped like 3 pounds in two days and I look way less bloated than usual.

If you like flats, yeah. Have you ever given WL shoes an honest try?

M-marcel?

I have but it felt like they put me off balance. I used them for over a year
Is the ankle on those shoes not slightly high which might be a problem if I have knee travel?

Err, no. Someone gone less long and a bit of a meme.

I've never squatted in wraps or sleeves before.

If I just wanted to try it out, could I take my old boxing wraps and get anything out of them? Or do I just spend the money on some wraps?

Powerlifting wraps are like nothing else. But only use them if you want to go into equipped single ply powerlifting. Otherwise, stick with neoprene kneesleeves

Will marcel ever be back fampai?
>lie to me if you have to

He would joke in chat about >going to plg
He hasn't been active in the Facebook group for awhile now though. Not sure if others still talk to him or not.

Just found out there's gonna be a Rampage movie in a few years

Already hype. Kaijushit on the way in and I like it.

...yeah, man, he'll be back

Single ply will be an option when I move to the city and can find people to train with. Until then I'll be planning in raw with wraps. If I like wraps anyway.

No, it's gameshit, unfortunately.
World of Warcraft, Ratchet and Clank, Angry Birds...

I'm thinking of doing a bit of cardio now that I'm only in the gym 3x/week. What do you do? Just some LISS on a bike or something?

>tfw you will never be as natty as natty norris
feelsbadman ;_;

>Already hype. Kaijushit on the way in and I like it.
Do you have any suggestions for literature on periodisation and the like? Asking since you apparently got a degree in that.

You won't be able to fully use the wraps if you don't have anyone to help you wrap them.

That sucks. Although I've seen. People wrap themselves before.

Wraps are the worst part of equipped.

Yeah you'll need to buy powerlifting specific wraps. I suggest inzer iron Zs (2m ofc), they are good for self wrapping. Aim to get them eight or nine times round your knees.

Fyi >raw with wraps is an in joke. It's just equipped.

I have faith that gameshit won't work like it's never worked before.

Yeah just LISS for like 20 min after workouts pretty much.

Well my degree is more focused on athletes. The only reason we even talk about PL is because my professor does it. There's good stuff in the pastebin that's more PL specific. Other than that just read what good coaches from various philosophies have written about the subject if you can find their shit.

Cheers dude. I'll probably pick up those.

And yeah, I know it means competing in equipped. Baby steps for me though. Until I can figure out a way to get some equipped coaching, I'll probably leave it alone. Maybe squat suit wouldn't be too bad solo, but a bench shirt seems dangerous without spotters and near on impossible without a handoff.

Yeah squatting with a suit alone isn't too bad. But yeah its nearly impossible to bench in a shirt without a spotter although you could get away with it in a power rack. With the safeties set appropriately.

not to mentions warner bros' monsterverse theyre building with the new godzillas, skull island, and godzilla vs king kong

I'm hype for all of it
I liked '14 Godzilla a lot despite a lot of people hating it
I liked Pacific Rim a whole lot too and it's getting a sequel apparently

Plus my wife actually enjoyed the '14 movie so she'll actually go watch those with me.

Wonder how many funny stares I'd get competing with a squat suit but not a bench shirt.

Maybe I should check out some single ply suits.

Maybe I should just get stronger first. Gonna look fucking retarded playing with gear and still only lifting girly weights.

I'm about 90% confident I'll hit 4plate for a 1rm next time I test - probably tomorrow if I feel I'm completely over this cold. If I do it'll be 30kgs in a month. Hopefully that means under two months for five plate haha.

why does he fix his eyes so low? they're like just a few feet ahead of him. i think he wrote in ss that they're supposed to be far away on the floor, not super close.

Maybe he does that when teaching lift but once you get head position correct you should look where ever
The main think is keeping that head down at first and not looking in the mirror and having a turtle neck

Well like, if you turn up to eq nationals and use a suit but no shirt, people will give you weir looks but at any other level just using equipment at all is weird.

Also you know you can use your squats suit turn back to front to deadlift in? Eq deadlifts are fun/easy. It's literally like put suit on, deadlift 5-20kg more. It may take one or two sessions to learn how to pull yourself to the bar and harden up to the pinching but it's good.

HAHA Rippetoe calls ppl who drops the bar pussies or w/e, then goes ahead and drops the bar LUL

Is cutting strength loss temporary?

I've been cutting at 1000c deficit for 3 days and my squat is already -6kg.

Please help me before I suicide.

1000 calorie deficits are a meme.

In for people who want deadlift pointers.
Here's one of the guys I programmed
pulling 295kg @ 69kg (started off with 250kg 4 months prior)

instagram.com/p/BBZJXliCGTc/?taken-by=hipsterphillip

Went to the doctors lads and got diagnosed with not trying hard enough

Fuck it, tell me why I can squat 20kg more than I deadlift.
I squat 160kg and diddy 140kg. Put me on a program that will make me a man again

I'm assuming your squat frequency is higher than your deadlifts

Freq yes, volume no.

I would like some deadlift and / or back related pointers "senpai."

Can you recommend good back exercises that will help deadlift without being as risky? (esp. things for thoracic erectors?) someone, maybe gbro, was talking about how making your thoracic erectors stronger means they will compensate more for your lumbar erectors in the deadlift and make the movement less risky, i think.

Reverse it. Work with high frequency on deadlifts and obviously lower it on squats. Deadlift at a high intensity for 1-2 session, then go into a routine of 5x5, 3x3 (tapering) and go for a max 3 or 2 reps. just as an example. Try to work up to deadlifting 3-4 times a week; to do so have some days where you just top set on 3-5 reps and move on (squats will suffer)

I mostly do variations of heavy rows which may be an obvious answer. I do those for hypertrophy so often 7-10 reps x 4 sets on my last day of deadlifts for the week

that's just another talent cuck though
show me somebody who's been stalled at a 200-220kg deadlift for a while and make him progress at the same bodyweight, then I'll give you a listen

I do 3 days a week rn (gonna add a 4th for gpp / bb work) in TM and I deadlift on ID and do my 5-6x5 rows the two days I dont deadlift.

I was thinking of adding some back extensions once or twice a week on top of these.

Gbro was also memeing up seated good mornings but I was kind of worried about how to do those safely.

I am incompetent and can't make my own programming.
Deadlifts give me cancer and I'm not willing to deadlift more than once a week. I simply fatigue, I can't recover from deadlifts more than once a week.