Lifting day today

>lifting day today
>friend supposed to come with, lift too
>friend has to cancel
honestly thank fuck i love him to death but i just love lifting alone. anyone else rather lift alone?

This guy. Although it really does help having a set of trained eyes watching your form. Thats the only reason I would ever lift with someone else.

Yeah I can't lift with friends anymore because then it's like i'm hanging with them and talking about shit and lose track of my actual reason to be in the gym.

I can't fucking focus on my workouts when I got friends around me at all. I don't like talking to people at the gym. I hate most people.

>not putting earphones in and drowning out the world because the only thing you have left to comfort you is music, lifting and protein powder.

FUCKING

CHURCH

Honestly guys, I fucking miss my old friend.
We used to lift together when we were 18 and every time we motivated each other to lift heavier and better. No talks, just lifting and pure focus.
Now I see him only a couple of times per year because I'm living abroad. I'm living with my gf and she lifts with me, but she's still learning and of course is not the same.

I miss my gym bro so much, it's also my best friend, we have been friends since childhood.
:(

i just like using gymbros already there, they know more than my friends do so i dont have to worry if theyre spotting me right while worrying if im lifting right

aw man im sorry user:( one day you and your true bro will be united again

home gym master race reporting in

i lift alone..

that looks choice user. id much rather just have a squat rack and bench at my house. fuck thatd be nice

thinking of taking the bench out and getting a rowing machine and building a sauna out back ;)

Yes. I don't want anyone there bothering me or chatting between sets. I don't need a spotter dangling his junk on my forehead. There are safety bars.

Cool story bro

Wow bro looks really amazing. Good stuff. How much all that equipment set you back? And all the plateS?

too much north of £1.5k
only thing new is the rack and the weights

Lifting alone = better gains
When I see friends at the gym we dont talk much but it still messes up your concentration.

Nice. My rooms so cluttered it sucks barely any room.

I just have freeweights, bench and squat rack

real tight in here too needed to take the bottom off the weight bench as it was too tight and the treadmill has a couple inches either end

also have to do overhead press sitting down because of height first world problems

>anyone else rather lift alone?
Not only would I prefer to lift alone, but I fucking LOATHE when other people are around while I exercise. I have an old friend with a home gym, and he has given me a key to his place to use it freely. I've been using it for over a year now, and I know I'm going to be absolutely devastated when he finishes his residency, and he and his fiance move out, forcing me to go get a gym membership. I am going to be the most bitter man in whatever gym I wind up in, scowling incessantly at that mere fact that other people are alive around me while I'm trying to lift. I can't even imagine the mental breakdown I'm going to have when I want to use equipment that's taken...

I feel ya OP my very best friend used to lift with me sometimes and also some other people I used to go to school with but I disliked it, it'd take way longer and I kinda hate small talk.

My best friend then began taking his girlfriend and it was horrible, I love him but I can't deal lifting and also tutoring two persons while making conversation on the go.

Now I'm on vacation and go alone and its x1000 better

How much did that cost?

> not marrying your childhood friend gym bro
> not saying no homo after drinking his protein filled cummies
> ever making it
It's like you don't even lift faggot

200 for the bench. You can take off the back and adjust the bars so you can OHP, squat, its neat.

And about 300 dollars for 150kg of free weights ranging from 20's, 10's 5's 2.5's. One barbell and two dumbbells

My gymbro is a horrible spotter so I prefer lifting alone.

>finally convince friend to come jim with me
> 1 month later I wish I was going alone again
Why? Atleast he encourages me but I just want to be alone again, but it was the only place I could forget everything and now it's gone

Most of the time except for when i need a spotter

>mfw my friends try to tell me their bullshit broscience and change my routine
>theyre doing 20 reps, cardio, and shit

>tfw didnt marry gym bro :(
Would i have still had to say no homo if im grill?

Lifting alone is best for me as well. No distractions, no loss of focus for any reason. Then again I lift at home

amen

Today is supposed to be our second day at gym, but my best friend said he's not coming today. I want to go to the gym alone but, I'm not sure.

> gymgirl marrying gymbro
That's lewd, you degenerate. Don't stain this place with your deviancy

i was in that exact situation today, just go, be better than your friend

question about benching without spotter. i've used the safety bars and they get in the way, but the last time i lifted without them (and no clips, obviously) the gym manager told me not to. i pointed out that i could dump the weight if i got stuck but he told me it was unnecessary if i just used the safety bars. without changing gyms or anything drastic what do? btw, the safety bars are as low as they can go. maybe raise up the bench by sitting it on 45lb plates?

go
then him lifting with you is a privilege

came here to post this, goddamn

Eww, get some real plates.

Lifting alone is seriously the best. Only time for a lifting pal is on chest day. Man, one time a friend of mine went to the gym with me after countless times of him asking me to go with him. I'm always quiet and look at the damn ground while in the gym. so not really used to talking. Leg day, friend comes along, about to hit a squat, friend starts clapping and yelling thinking he was funny. Shit pissed me off so much, cut the workout short cuz didn't wanna lift with him any longer. Then asks why we don't do anymore

I prefer lifting alone because I spent the first half year lifting on a shitty schedule and routine because I had a gym partner I would go with. He gave some good advice and was way bigger than me, but he never showed up and our schedules made it hard to actually work out fully. This happened with at least 2 different people and I got tired of waiting.

I prefer going alone because I just blast my music, ignore everything around me and focus on my lift. It does suck when I'd like to bench heavy and dont have a partner, but whatever.

>meet qt Nepali exchange student girl in class
>start hanging out
>petite
>dem tits and ass
>eventually start dating

When I go alone I love listening to my music while lifting like nothing else, but that pussy game ridiculous.