My girlfriend smokes weed everyday, usually in the night when she unwinds...

My girlfriend smokes weed everyday, usually in the night when she unwinds, I don't really have a problem with it at the moment but I'm concerned for the future, I can tell she is addicted in a sense (depends on it to relax).

The issue I have is she believes it's not at all harmful and actually thinks it's good for you to smoke it, this to me seems absurd but I can't find any solid evidence of it being legitimately harmful past the age of adolescence. I know of the supposed medical benefits of marijuana for certain illnesses (none of which my girlfriend has) and she likes to highlight the benefits whenever we discuss it.

My future concerns are mainly about the cost (for her it's about $80 a week or more), the effects on her health and well-being and also its affects on her personality in the long term.

Is there any legitimate serious health concerns to someone smoking everyday?

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalxpress.com/news/2016-04-cannabis-pregnancy-linked-birthweight-intensive.html
theguardian.com/science/2015/nov/27/smoking-high-strength-cannabis-skunk-may-damage-nerves-brain
livescience.com/52015-marijuana-lowers-sperm-counts.html?cmpid=514645
sciencebulletin.org/archives/539.html
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vaporizing or eating edibles would be the ideal choice but smoking it is far less dangerous than cigarette smoke. Weed is really harmless. There are 0 deaths related to weed.

Smoking anything will be bad for your lungs

This is always the reply I get from her as well, i'm not concerned with cigarette smoke so I don't see how saying x is worse than y so y must be good is even relevant.

There might be 0 deaths directly attributed to weed smoking alone but this doesn't mean it does not cause harm. There isn't a whole lot of conclusive research on it's contribution to heart disease/cancer as most people also smoke tobacco alongside weed so it's hard to determine weeds effects alone.

I like to look at it with a healthy dose of scepticism.

Stop being such a faggot

dump her OP
don't date 'generates

solid contribution/10

You aren't being skeptical, you're just looking for any reason you can find that's negative towards weed. Clearly a personal vendetta, not skepticism. You show great bias towards the conclusion you want to come to.

The biggest issue I can see is that the substance is a crutch instead of a recreational activitiy assuming she "can't relax" without it like you say.

You should start by trying to understand what it is that stresses her out so much, and then seeing why weed may be her answer to that.

From there you could try to substitute something.

In all honesty you may just have to get used to it, or leave because if someone can't get through life without leaving on 'x' substance then that person will probably develop some sort of personality/mental disorder without it.

medicalxpress.com/news/2016-04-cannabis-pregnancy-linked-birthweight-intensive.html

theguardian.com/science/2015/nov/27/smoking-high-strength-cannabis-skunk-may-damage-nerves-brain

livescience.com/52015-marijuana-lowers-sperm-counts.html?cmpid=514645

sciencebulletin.org/archives/539.html

DAE LOVE WEED
Why don't you just tell her you dont like her smoking so much?

/thread

People say marijuana isn't a "drug" in the sense that pills are, but look at the facts. She spends $80 a week on just burning shit and inhaling it, depending on where you are she does this illegally and has to buy it from a drug dealer. She's just a liability at this point, she needs to get high and will spend a ridiculous amount of money and go to people she would never want to associate with otherwise. Not sayin she a ho, but she gonna be a ho.

>Dating a "smoke weed every day it's so good for you dude miracle plant right here" fucking loser
>Any year

How did you even end up in a relationship with one of those people, OP? Normally girls like that just get passed around from dealer to dealer until their looks go and they're finally old enough to start collecting cats.

It's degenerate behavior. Drop her immediately.

You are very mistaken in your assumptions, I would be delighted to hear that weed has no ill effects on my girlfriends health and well-being aside from the financial burden. What I said came directly from research I have done which has led me to believe it's not black and white and caution should be taken for chronic use of this drug. I was simply looking for people more knowledgeable on the subject to enlighten me further as I do not an avid smoker myself.

>"I have some personal vendetta against cannabis and my sexual partner likes it and I don't so help me change what she does."
you're not better than her fgt. If she said she didn't like you beating your dick or lifting what would you do? Stop? Only fap a few days per week? Only hit those sweet weights every other day? Get over yourself

>Comparing the pot to lifting
Get out.

Did your daddy molest you and also happen to smoke weed? Is that why you're so butthurt?

Weed and lifting make me equally as happy. I smoke right before I lift all the time. Also, they both positively effect my health. Faggot

I don't know where you're from but around where I live it's an extremely common and celebrated recreational activity, the first two and a half years of us dating she only smoked with friends once or twice a week, eventually she started using it around me and now it's become and everyday thing.

Gift to her a bong then(its a significantly healthier way to smoke) or ask her if she's interested in trying to prove to you that she isnt addicted and doesnt need it for anything -- besides for her desire to experience its unique effects, and having be only used as a means/sense of convenience. If she is interested, tell her every year as a new years resolution: do a 3 month sobriety.
And fyi OP, there is no such thing as addiction unless the individual using X substance wills the desire to be off of it, but cannot, and whose health is declining because of the use

You are a fucking degenerate. Don't reply to this post, I refuse to associate with you any further, even on an anonymous image board.

Why are you asking a board filled with autists? The empirical evidence supporting cannabis being a relatively harmless psychoactive substace are accumulating in a large manner.

tldr blaze with her faggot. If you care about your lungs, which you should, vape or eat edibles. Food, music, leisure activities and high sex will blow your mind

i did a 25 page eval on weed research in college. health wise there's nothing really bad for you, at least nothing backed up by strong and repeated tests. lethargy and appetite are probably the worst two things about it though. unless the person smoking gets real fucked up psychologically but typically people who exclusively use weed shouldnt be far gone. in the end, you are probably turned off by how it makes her stupid and lazy, and thats ok. but coming up with pop-science research to shove in her face isnt the way to go about it. its perfectly normal to not be 420 friendly. intelligence is a really sexy trait and watching someone make themselves stupid (especially when you aren't partaking) can be a real deal breaker. youre on Veeky Forums so im assuming you work hard. you find her habit a waste of time and money. if she's not willing to at least talk about it then you should probably drop her. or get over it. idk im not a relationship expert

The only negative health effects are on the lungs since you're inhaling smoke. Vaporizers are better but still not harmless I think.

Honestly, chronic use can have slight side effects like shorter memory, but it's not bad other than that. It's not physically addictive and immensely better than drinking even small amounts

How much alcohol do you drink, you hypocritical shithead? How much Tylenol or advil do you take? Enjoy your shit liver. Do your research before talking about anything involving cannabis fuckface

I don't know why people are jumping to conclusions, I have zero issues with recreational use of marijuana, all I am concerned about is the chronic use effects of the drug, my plan is not to tell her to stop smoking but to have the knowledge to inform her of any possible serious effects of chronic use, as of a few days ago I was ignorant on the matter.

>All this weed hate
You all sound like boring people including OP. This is probably why i have two girls who want to hang constantly and another just sent me a nude because she misses me. If any of you contribute to baw threads your response to this thread tells me why girls don't like you.

The only guy that made sense was the "talk to her about her stress" person.

>posting girl problems on Veeky Forums
This is probably bait to begin with.

Fucking hell, most of the posts here are retard3d. OP, how much does she smoke a day and at what time of time of the day does she begin smoking?

This.

It may be harmless and may not even lead to harder drugs but it's still an addiction it seems to me. Just like coffee is an addiction, but coffee makes you more productive while weed makes you less.

Fuck weed desu.

i don´t know why people don´t hate people who do drugs. Weed is just the personification of toxic people...

u know what to do, drop her and forget her

Cost is bad.
Tobacco use with weed is bad.
Not being able to relax without it is bad.
Risk of psychosis/schizophrenia would be the big one that jumps out at me OP. Though it doesn't 'cause' schizophrenia, it greatly increases the risk of developing it, and that is definitely something you don't want.

my gf smoked weed everyday too. at first it was like every now and then. maybe once a week or when friends came over.
Then it was everyday and I don't know. I didn't feel comfortable with the thought of my gf being a stoner. made her somehow unattractive in my eyes. I didn't tell her to quit since I was smoking cigarettes the first 3 years of our relationship and she didn't complain.
I started to join her now and then and I lost the reluctance towards it.
wasn't good for my recovery as a non-smoker. I started to smoke on parties again.

Well whatever. oneitis is gone.

>tl;dr try to join her sometimes and stop making a big deal out of it. it's her money.

>assumes its bad
>actually goes to collect evidence for once instead of going with the sleeper effect that's been programmed into you about weed
>there's no evidence for it being harmful
>still butt hut about
Op do you drink? Like at all? Drinking one drink is way worse than smoking a bowl. And weed is not physically addictive, its addictive nature is the same way anything can be "addicting".
Honestly if I was your gf I would have broken up with you. I actually had an ex Bf try to do the same, send me to smokers anonymous. Meanwhile he's drinking beer every night wih a beer gut and going to raves And taking ecstasy. After breaking up with him my life overall improved and I've been a straight A student.
Basically the boyfriend was more toxic with his misinformation than any bowl of weed ever was. I wish I coould let your gf know

You seem to have posted on fit not pol new friends

>people who say this
Jfc if you ever took the time to look it up, you'd find that weed is not significantly related to lung cancer like cigarettes. All smoke is not the same and you're retarded for following something so illogical

You just be Feeling the Bern, senpai

ITT: degenerates

The guy i work with started 420ing almost daily for the last 4months
He's become slow and inefficient and has slow-speech even when he's completely sober (like retired boxers who got hit too much in the head in their career)

Guy makes too much errors and administration deducts it from both our paychecks
He's getting fired soon, hopefully

Smoking once weekly is ok, but if you do it every day, you're just going to become a total retard

Thank you these were all very helpful, to that one guy who mentioned bongs she has said in the past she doesn't like using them because she "feels" like they're dirty and gets extremely high relatively quickly.

smoking marijuana actually reduces the inflammation typically caused by smoking tobacco.

My bad broseph. Sorry to jump down your throat I'm hangry. Anyways yeah really not any bad side effects other than lethargy and maybe some short term memory problems. If you want to see why she does it so much, try it. It's not addictive. You either like it and can maybe enjoy it together, or don't and at least make an informed opinion

It's hard for me to judge how much a lot is, but just last night she smoked $20 worth. If it's a day where she doesnt have much going on she can start as early as she wakes up, otherwise its usually after university/work have finished and she is back home. Recently however i have noticed she sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night to have a bit and then immediately go back to sleep but never mentioned any issues sleeping so I don't think thats the reason.

People who go out to clubs, bars and raves end up spending a shit ton more than 80$. A single admission ticket can be more than that, a single drink can cost 20$ each- and those are just basic expenses. 80$ a week on something is not a problem unless.you're.making like 5$/HR. Weed is actually relatively one of the least expensive drugs you could possibly have

pretty much this. i know plenty of married couples in their 30s where one spouse smokes weed on the reg. they have kids and shit too and are really responsible people. one just likes to burn a bowl down at night in the garage while we play poker and darts. its not as bad of a habit, its just shitty people make it look shitty because whether they smoked or not they are still shitty people.

That's really not a lot. My dad and I can go through an O in a weekend if we feel like it

I've smoked weed every day for about 5 years or so and have never slept with a Guy for drugs. I've actually only slept with 6 guys my entire life and I'm 26. Chicks that smoke week actually tend to be chill and not whores. Girls who are looking to take any drug in sight, not so much

that just feels like irresponsible use. i mean whatever if you can actually afford it, but same with drinking, if you can get the same effect with less then just do that. i used to be a big pot head in college. me and my friends actually bought half pounds at times because we went through it so fast. i probably cant take 2 hits without being a mess now and truthfully i prefer it. if i ever wanted to get high, i could buy a dime bag and be set for the day

I've tried joining her when she first started smoking around me, I did it on several occasions and although it wasn't exactly a bad experience I just didn't feel like it was worth the money, and I don't enjoy the feeling of inhaling smoke, makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I also realize it is her money but eventually when we decide to settle down I would prefer this not be an issue with raising kids etc.

post body.... to keep it Veeky Forums related

Lol you sound very defensive, and your story very contrived. I have nothing against weed but people like you make me laugh.

>stupid and lazy
This is an American weed meme. In the.original weed studies done in Jamaica in the 60's I think it was, the only difference between the control and the weed was that the farmers who smoked weed got MORE work done and felt happier about it. Frankly different strains also have different effects so it makes no sense that you specified weed as if its one singular strain with one set of effects. I question your ability to do research.

This was an official study done by the US government BTW. They didn't release the result in a big press release because it didn't sit with their agenda (par usual)

degenerates

>weed is the personification of toxic people
Well jfc, what do you think of the drugs that do real damage like cigarettes alcohol and ecstasy? Are they the personificationo the devils asshole?

>an official study
>over 50 years old

you can literally just look at frequent users and see that it makes people lazier. the difference between americans and jamaicans is young white people can afford to be lazy

Honestly I was the same as your gf for about the last 4 years. I loved weed since the first time I smoked it and it just became a part of my daily routine. Eventually I slowed down it was just something I did before bed. However in the last couple months I've been skipping a few nights here and there and now I'm down to like 1 or 2 smoke sessions before bed a week, and a couple with my friends on the weekend. It's just a pattern and habit that you kind of get sucked into.

I still love it but after a while I didn't feel the need to do it every single night. It's actually better this way.

Yeah probably not the best example, usually she buys $80 worth and it lasts anywhere from 3-6 days depending on her schedule.

No worries bro, see I could always try again I guess, but I don't think i'll ever reach a point where I want to do it more than once every other week.

>6 guys
>not a whore
>I'm a grill
>pay attention to meeeeeeee

Get the fuck out. You are everything wrong with this board wrapped up in one package.

What it does is lowers your inhibitions. If you became a retard after smoking, its because you were a retard the whole time and the weed just made it difficult to cover up/hide because your inhibitions are down. I got the highest score on a statistics exam that was taken by a lecture hall of 150+ students, and I smoke before class, while studying for the exam, and right after class "high" as hell the whole time. BTW I was never a straight A student until I smoked weed daily.

growing up has a lot to do with it. you sort your priorities.

i used to swear i was an alcoholic: 12 beers daily on average. tried to quit countless times. then one day i realized i barely drank anymore. it was also around the same time i started working a real job after college.

for most people drugs and alcohol are phases i think. the ones that dont grow out of it would probably be manchildren without the drugs or alcohol anyway. they might be able to survive but their priorities are all fucked up.

He's probably huffing paint or something as well. Weed will not do that to you. This is coming from a daily smoker of 5 years who just graduated college.

It's okay, people like you make me laugh because you can never tell that I'be been smoking to deal with you

Degenerate detected.

I occasionally smoke weed. It's still linked to mental health.

If you do it every day for months? That's an addiction.

Coming from someone who tries every drug he can find.

Just get her meth OP. Or mdma.

Both harmless!

>just look at people
>that's more empirical that an actual study performed by the government
Yeah, you're too stupid to even want to really respond to

Gotta love these kinds of anecdotal claims that weed smokers come up with

>"Before weed i was a zero! and now after i started blowing my money on it all the chicks want me!"

Can't we just be happy with the fact it's not that bad for you and gets us high?

Where the fuck did he say shit about cancer you mongoloid? Smoke inhalation is bad for you regardless of the content or source.

>smoking to deal with you

What? Reality too difficult that you need weed to "deal" with it? LOL never gonna make it

Let me translate that for everyone: fuck you, you have the traits of a girl that would never find a Guy like attractive. Sour grapes. I'm used to you guys hating me because you're bitter lonely bastards, this is nothing new. But it makes it obvious why you're lonely

>you can literally just look
>I don't need evidence, muh anecdotes are all I need
That said, smoking that much anything isn't healthy

k.

lets just compare a bunch of fat white american teenagers to jamaican field hands. thats logically sound.

kill yourself

(You)

>I'm a druggie that'll put anything in my body
>I put things in my body that I believe will harm me
Yeah, because you sound like a smart role model. Ill give you a hint, the weed is the least of your problems

I've posted like 3 other posts that were not based off of personal experience. A full body or evidence with a variety of sources in agreement is how.science works

the same government said fat was bad for you around the same time as that "study." one paper doesnt mean shit. weed makes people lazy. youll find that in way more peer reviewed articles than "a couple niggers on a poor island famous for smoking weed are happier when they smoke"

Weed might not be physically damaging, but it negatively affects personality. Someone who doesn't use substance to calm them down or have fun will find interesting and creative ways to accomplish those things. When feasible, it's better to be self-reliant.

>using the 0 deaths/physical health excuse
Understand that substance still affects character.

If she's spending her own money to buy it let her. My ex was a pothead . I don't mind drugs if it's free but I don't see the point on wasting on them

Its quite difficult to deal wih the fact that idiots like you run around the world, none the wiser. People tend to act in patterns, yours is worrisome. With weed I can ignore all the ways you're doing it wrong and try to focus on bringing people like you back on track

/thread

Tell her it's the weed or you

Smoking is bad for your lungs. Marijuana is addictive in the sense that it is habit forming. It's as simple as that

I don't think the amount of money in itself is OP's problem.
That might be a part of it. But like you said, weed is relatively inexpensive, so $80 can buy you a shitload of weed.
Where I live $80 can keep you high for almost a week on end. Unless ofcourse you're already desensitized to the point that you need a lot to feel the full effect.

If the "symtpoms" of weed intake can't be generalized to humans in different areas, than its not a function of the weed you moron. Its a symtpom of something external in the environment, a confounding factor- not the weed. If it was something in the weed causing it, than the weed would affect humans everywhere the same. Do you seriously think before you type? Or is this level of thought just out of your abilities ?

>mfw this is 90% of weed users
>relying on weed to fix your character flaws

Another reason to not smoke weed OP is that you will get stereotyped as a lazy bottom-dweller of society worshipping their miracle wonder herb.

>the results don't matter because they're Jamaicans
Are you serious ? The fact that they were Jamaicans makes it a strong case for weed because again if the effects don't generalize to all humans, than its not the fucking weed. Jfc I wish the education system was better

just because they showed up to work everyday doesn't mean their lives were less lazy outside of work than those who didnt smoke weed.

I vape oil/wax pretty much every night to relax and as a painkiller for my back, instead of taking opiates. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs, but if it's at night after all responsibilities are taken care of and you have the will power not to succumb to munchies I don't see the problem.

All these fucking arm-chair experts saying they studied weed. Arts students pretending to know science, the fucking lot of you.

How about the reduced hippocampal volume, and the morphological changes to cortical areas like the amygdala and frontal cortex?

I can't be fucked listing everything, but how about you take a gander from this review of over a hundred studies on lol420blazeit journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
Read the discussion part of the article that takes into account the findings of dozens of studies.

It's not 'harmful', but deliberately making yourself stupid isn't exactly doing people like OP's girlfriend and half of you retarded faggots a favour.

Its actually about dealing with YOUR character flaws
Typical ignorance, trying to assume its the other persons problem instead of realizing you ARE the problem. If I'm taking weed for me, its because the metal plate in my hand is hurting.

I stopped smoking weed because I realized that it makes me okay with doing nothing. I realize people can be productive and smoke weed, but it's not the case for me.

i basically said this already

You become unable to dream and also unable to recall memories and vocabulary quickly

Now that you compare weed to alcohol.
OP mentioned that his girlfriend sometimes starts as soon as she wakes up.
If a person regularly started drinking booze as soon as they woke up, I would be quick to label them an alcoholic

Well there's that whole schizophrenia epidemic that's going on...

You're mostly fucked only if you already have a predisposition towards it but you may never know.

Who said anything about showing up for work? The farmers that smoked weed did more work, as in numbers of plants harvested, etc. Their numbers were better than the control group. Its obvious you know nothing about how studies are conducted though.
>government spends money to fund research out of country
>yeah guys, lets just see of they show up and call it good!
I know they like to waste Money, but not like that

Just try and get her to cut back slowly. Staet saving more money so you have less for other things so she has to dip into hers.

Kek. You really believe all that?

Didn't see it, but at least I've put a source out there now

its one study. was it ever repeated elsewhere?

>the exact stoner logic every fucking time
Andddd these delusional stink stoners still think weed don't affect your personality