Are you man enough to decide right now to take cold showers for the rest of your life...

are you man enough to decide right now to take cold showers for the rest of your life? I decided it in the beginning of 2015 and not a single drop of hot water touched my skin since then.

Don't you just wanna feel the urge to headbutt Mike Tyson after a real fucking nape-killer icy shower?

Don't you just wanna feel being the only real guy in a crowded room you just had entered, knowing others would cry for hot water while you would step cold-bloodedly under the tap?

Don't you see the equation that in a situation where all other conditions are equal, guy who takes cold showers would beat the shit out of the hot-showering pussy?

We all know you wanted to do it in some part of your life, and you would gladly do it if you had power, but the power isn't brought by anyone, only you can make it, and you have to do it.

It will be a new step to manhood, trust me.

Other urls found in this thread:

bighealthyme.com/cold-showers/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But why?

no

fuck no

molten showers for life

I do it sometimes but not all the time

the thought of taking a cold shower has never entered my mind
what are the advantages of this?

Have you considered contrast showers? I've been doing this for a couple years and it's the best of both worlds. Soap up your body in the cold water, then turn on hot and let the steam open your pores on your face, then back to cold to rinse off.

There are myriad benefits. For starters, it stimulates a certain section of your brain that is related to the endorphin releasing area. Basically, it gives you a runner's high. This part of the brain often becomes 'atrophied' if you are depressed.
It also improves circulation, reduces inflammation (inconclusive whether this helps recovery), increases cold tolerance, and improves immune system.

The effects on strength training aren't noteworthy. Ice baths/cold showers help athletes recover from a tough workout without losing strength for the next time they do it. So it sort of helps maintain performance, but it doesn't positively contribute to adaptation in linear progression, for instance.

Hot water dries your skin out pretty bad. If you have shitty skin or acne it could be contributing to it.

Cold showers are also supposed to promote better blood flow since your body has to regulate its temperature and warm you up.

I might try this, I've been getting pimples on my upper back and if cold showers can fix this then hell why not

I took cold showers for 3 months. It sucked balls. Although I was deployed in Africa so I didn't really have a choice until we got warm water running.

Cold shower master race reporting in.

Only time I shower hot is when I've been riding in the rain all day and my core temp is low, I ride motorcycles for a living so it just happens sometimes.

Its worth a shot. I had some mild acne that cleared up. Might take a week or two for your body to adjust its oil production though since its used to producing a lot of oil to compensate for it being dry all the time.

But hot water would make you sweat and lead your body to clean out your pores

This copypasta again.

There are a host of clinically proven benefits amongst a lot more outlandish claims.
Im a fan, if for no other reason than when I get out of a 5 minute cold shower I'm so fucking awake and primed it's like the force of 10000 coffees.
bighealthyme.com/cold-showers/

I usually take a hot shower if it's late and I'm trying to relax. I take a cold one if it's early though, or if my hot water heater is broken again.

Tfw I used to make threads like this all the time on Veeky Forums
Tfw I used to advice cold showers for literally everything on /adv/

I don't do that anymore though. Only thing I'd actively comment to recommend it for is the mental gains of conditioning yourself to get used to discomfort. The act of going into a ice cold shower regularly and decreasing the amount of time it takes before you turn the knob has, in my opinion, good mental implications. You're setting a precedent. Training bravery in a controllable environment. Does it carry over to real life tasks? Absolutely. You're not only training willpower but the sort of mentality you're building from doing it, carries over to all of life as well. For obvious reasons, all of the above applies if the thought of cold showers makes you scared or very uncomfortable. If you're someone who isn't too scared of cold showers, it won't apply. For instance, going into a cold shower for me would be a piece of cake because I did it for so long. So no mental gains.

Why would I recommend cold showers as opposed to [insert myriad of uncomfortable things like sleeping on the hard floor]. It's healthy. So although it's uncomfortable you're not going to damage yourself while doing it, if anything, if the studies are in fact 100% conclusive, it's good for you.

Another reason is that you physically feel fucking great after taking them, with energy level and mood levels. You'll probably not feel great after sleeping on the hard floor, with this, you'll feel great.

Aside from mental gains, it just feels great in general. If you're not going to take it for the physical or mental gains, take it for the simple reason that it feels amazing once you get used to it. The feeling you get from it is like no other.

>Cold Showers, you mean mental toughness?

I'm pretty sure the benefits of sweating are pretty negligible compared to the damage long hot showers do by drying your skin.

Sometimes I sleep on the floor if my back hurts, I might just have a shitty mattress though. Actually I'm gonna go buy a new one. I'll report back.

Let me verify these right here: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/

Been taking cold showers for about a year now. I do not regret it. Do it mahn.

I took cold showers during a stage in my life for about 5 months... when I was 16.

Yeah you're supposed to take a hot shower clean yourself and then shampoo with a cold shower. These fools don't know what they're talking about.

Goddamn, haven't cold showered since Nofap.
Good times.

Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

During summer it feels pretty refreshing, other than that l'd rather have 25-30 C showers.
Oh and by cold showers l hope you mean 5C or less.

>pain
Nice meme kiddo, just shows you were too pussy to ever take them.
Cold showers isn't unbearable discomfort, it's very uncomfortable for the first 30 seconds but after that it's very durable and even enjoyable. And once you leave it, the good feels flow in.

Literally better than any coffee can ever hope to be and amazingly refreshing.

Sounds like something a beta dyel would say to justify staying indoors all day

Do I look like I know what a jpeg is?

Cold tolerance is a muscle that can be progressively overloaded.

>tfw lived in a house with no electricity for 3 months. Still had running water though.

>the waterautists are at it again

people come up with all kinds of things to satisfy their need to feel superior to other people. You'd be surprised

Out of curiosity, OP, where do you live? More specifically, what is climate like where you live? I live in Western New York and I take cold showers about half the year, but the other half it's impractical. I also run daily, and taking a cold shower after running ten miles in negative 10 degrees and windy/snowy is just pants on head stupid.

When rich white boys live safe and happy lives, they feel guilty at not knowing what real adversity is so they "challenge" themselves with stupid shit like this.

Not OP, but I'm from Kangaroo Land.

Its very often in excess of 90 degrees here and literally everyone takes hot showers.

the only time someone would take a cold shower is at a public beach shower.

that being said cold showers are based, but really uncomfortable and weird when starting.

I'm black and have been homeless in the past.

I take cold showers for the health benefits and mental conditioning.

Gotcha. It's warm here from late spring to early fall, so once temps get above 60 or so I switch to cold showers. But our winters usually see lows into the negative teens, sometimes lower, and not including windchill factor. So, no need for a cold shower imo.

On the bright side when you'll be locked up for shooting up a school, you'll get to blow inmates in cold showers. Because you're a giant faggot.

Cold water doesnt get you clean. Which is the main point of showers, you stinkers.

Yes the gains are great. I practice a similar strategy in other areas of life. I intentionally burn the fuck out of all of my food, I only listen to music I hate, and I pull my toe nails out instead of clipping them like a pussy. I'm going to be so successful in life now and you guys are all gonna be so jealous.

Are you man enough to work at Buick?

This guy knows his shit.
I did contrast showers for willpower training. Always started with cold. Fuck it I'm gonna restart taking them tomorrow.

>cold showers

Been cold showering for 8 months now. It's so much nicer then a hot one. It started last summer when I was doing a lot of running in the cool night and would hose myself off when I got home. When the weather got cold, I transitioned it to the shower.

I lived in remote Alaska for two months a few years ago when I was doing research for the fish and wildlife department. We had no water heater out there, so I had to take cold showers the whole time. It wasn't that bad, especially since this was in the middle of summer so it wasn't -40 our or something crazy. I would still rather take a hot shower though

>not cold soaking
Pussies

Racist piece of shit. Not everyone is white.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
"The sustained/longer-term effects of cold stress repeated daily produced increase in ACTH, corticosterone, and decrease in α-1-antitrypsin and testosterone."

Decreases testosterone? no cold showers for me

Warmth is good for your health user...

Ice water and ice baths do have benefits, but going strictly ice showers I think is a mistake.