What piece of advice would you have given yourself when you first started out lifting?

What piece of advice would you have given yourself when you first started out lifting?

>count calories
>dont go to failure on every damn set

Start with SS, not Madcow

if you can't do the last rep what should you do, immediately put the weight down?

>A
Bench 3x5
Row 3x5
Squat/lunge/deadlift
DB incline bench 3x10
Hammer curl 3x10

>B
The Press™ 3x5
Pullup 3xf
Squat/lunge/deadlift
Facepulls 3x10

And don't fucking cut so much

Pretty much. It taxes the nervous system over time and blows your load for the rest of the work out. Generally you should stop when your rep speed starts slowing down considerably. Helped me progress alot more consistently as well as allowed me to work out more often because im not so burnt

it's ok to cheat sometimes to get that last rep out, unless it's on bench and the weight will crush you it's a good thing to do

dont bother if you dont have the FACE, FRAME, and HEIGHT

i mean on your last set it's good to cheat and get 1 or 2 more not every set

Started a month ago
I'm doing Scooby's begginers program (doing actual squats instead of what he proposed) is it good? Btw i'm at a caloric deficit and going to the gym 4-5 times a week so not much strenght

>I POSTED IT AGAIN MA

JUST
DO
IT
GET OUT THERE AND LIFT WEIGHTS FAGGOT

If i cant complete the last few reps i just drop it and do another set when im less winded. Still doing the same amount of work and not blowing my load on exercise. Then next session try it again

>whatever the fuck you do, never tell her your feelings
>also, you're never eating enough.

> do legs. Not only for aesthetics, but because you will stall on 3pl8 DL because of it.

>also, you're never eating enough.
or sleeping enough

Go back in time and lift 9 years earlier

>implying that I can ever sleep when there's constant ´thoughts of regret and beautiful situations that will never happen

4 hours of sleep masterrace

don't do SS, it's a troll

Dont stop. You're about as strong as you were in high school. Imagine where you'd be if you never stopped lifting.

being lean is much greater life advantage than being big

You'll never be able to properly cut, so you might as well go for bearmode right away.

yeah i do that too, both ways desu

You were deadlifting but not doing legs? lel wot. Never heard that combo before lad.

Lazy pathetic cuck

Spotted the 1pl8.

It would be better if you told your younger self to stop being a bitch.

Really, fool, your programming should be smart enough to not constantly bring you to failure in the first place. This should not have to be adjusted for midset very often, ESPECIALLY as a beginner.

girls are only nice to you cause they want to use you

so dont lift for them, lift for yourself

>I'm doing Scooby's begginers program (doing actual squats instead of what he proposed) is it good?

I don't know what it is, but he didn't propose actual squats, so it's probably shit.

It was also made by an unlifting, overroiding homosexual who moonlights as Batman's lamest villain, so it's definitely shit.

Just do SS. Or Reg Park's Beginner's Routine, minus the pointless forearm and calf "work."

You live a sad, hollow life.

>Start with SS
>Don't lift for girls, they don't appreciate it as much as guys
>I blame my homosexuality on my fitness

I'd read the fucking sticky.. took me too long
Too long...

With regards to that, i'm a noob lifter, and all around recovering fatty, I have pretty strong legs but I can't really squat at all, it just feels like I dont have the mobility or balance to do it proper.

I still squat, but I do it assisted with a ball as my support against a wall and I can do them like that with full ROM, but i've been doing it for like a month and while I do feel more flexible I just dont seem to have the balance when I try to do it without a support, what should I do to fix that? I really would like to start squatting with weights

b-but hugh jackman did it

Ok

ditch you shitty gym bro

Eat more and stick with SS faggot, you can't even squat 2pl8

Don't count calories, lift heavy

You know your home gym is not complete
Go to an actual gym or go to decathlon and spend some money on yourself, dumbells are not enough and a barbell is cheap
Do calisthenics more often

Don't waste the time or energy
Exercise won't make you a less shitty person

his facial hair is ugly as fuck

It would be splendid to see at least a video of you trying to squat the empty bar. If you can't balance for a 45 lbs squat, you are either doing it VERY wrong, or are TLC Special levels of fat.

I recommend buying/pirating the SS book, reading at least the squat section (you should probably read the whole thing). It ought to give you a good idea of how to squat properly, and at least give you enough of a start to begin squatting with the empty bar correctly for a few sets before steadily adding weight.

Flood the gym and write ''they made me do it'' on the floor
Then on the way home you'll get a gf

Don't half ass things and commit to it from day one.
Consistency is the most important thing.

I think it's pretty cool but it doesn't fit with his haircut
I have a friend with that style but longer hair and looks badass
But his beard and moustache are thicker

Wait three more years, don't start lifting now or you'll fuck up your joints.

>STICK TO A PROGRAM,MM,MM,MMMMMMMMF
FOR FUCKS SAKE ME

I can relate to this
sometimes I used to be like
''well, I haven't trained abs in a while, I guess that's what I'm doing today''

I was obese, it was a curse, it was a blessing. I lost all the weight. That's what got me into bodybuilding. The thing that sucks is after the weight loss it took a log to even look normal again. So basically it was a road block even after success. I sometimes think if starting at a normal weight would have been so much easier. I only regret letting my body down by being fat. I owe my body alot after abusing myself all those years. I work really hard, but those stretch marks that are still with me remind me of my past. It is my badge.

Just fucking bulk on SS you idiot, your skinnyfat, not fat. Why are you trying to lose weight when you can barely bench 1pl8 for 5 reps and have not made progress in 6 months?

Go to failure every set.
Don't count calories.
Run at least 3 miles daily.
Anything besides heavy compound lifts is a waste of time.

i'm always worried that my bench press form is all wrong, anyone else know this feel

But is 3x5 really enough volume for your major compound lifts? Seems light.

I hurt my calf so couldnt do squats for awhile so just did deadlifts instead until it felt better.

Start earlier!
Do more fucking OHP!

Don't go beyond bodyweight because you're just gonna make the impending rheumatoid arthritis worse.

But that's just me.

I'm glad you have scars
As you said, they're there to remind you of your past.
The past is there, you can't run away from it, it's another part of who you are.
You might think they ruin your looks but it's healthier to just see them as trophies, and they'll always be there to remind you that you made it, and why you're doing this.

this right here.
also: don't fall for the progressive oveload meme.

> the progressive oveload meme.

DYEL?
progressive overload is how you progress with everything

Here are the winning lottery numbers for next week

what do you mean by that?

As a beginner dont bother thinking bout aesthetics. Just lift heavy for 2 years and build solid base strength. Youre not gonna get big by lifting less than 2pl8s anyways.

Cut NOW you fattie the gains wont be enough to make ya look good for summer, also do legs

it's ok for a beginner

i wrote it like that on purpose, obviously not a meme per se. but i used to over-obsess about the weight for every single set in every single exercise. like:
>you did curls for 3 sets of 8 with 20kg last time. you HAVE to hit 3 sets of 9 this time!
i went from this to tracking only the compound lifts. and once i am done with those, i throw my journal to the corner and do my isolation exercises, focusing on getting a pump and going for fatigue. if you've seen the "blueprint to cut" interview with Arnold from a while back, he said something along the lines of "We did so many bicep curls, we couldn't lift our arms up anymore once we were done". everyone with a little knowledge would tell you this is bullshit and unnecessary. but it worked for Arnold and the guys back then and it seems to work for me. it also puts the fun back in working out, rather than over-obsessing about every tiny detail.
so yeah: if your goal is to build muscle and strength is basically just a by-product, focus on two things:
- get stronger on the compound lifts
- get sore and aching from isolation exercises
that's my personal piece of advice for today.

ok your wrong

focus on progressive overload
>dont focus on the little details
means the tiny insignificant details like i need to hit 170g of protein spot on and i need to get my BF% spot on and i need to measure calorie expenditure and did yesterdays workout effect today

progressive overload isnt progress every day because you will have time without progress like you say but as long as you get an upward trend then it is progressive. if you stall change that shit up

Don't rush past 3pl8 DL and work on form and breathing.

t. hernia and/or epidydimitis

Get a coach

yh buses are fkn ausome

if you're cheat repping the weight up focus on going slow during the negative.

>the sticky is a meme

What should I change about my chest routine
>3x10 bench
>3x10 db flies incline
>3x10 db press incline
>5x5 dips

If I could speak to my younger self when he started some insanity / boot camp style training:

>count calories
>learn about olympic weightlifting
>your mother's food, while delicious, is keeping you fat
>fuck it, all Hispanic food is keeping you fat
>stop stuffing your face with it
>count calories
>learn proper form you cunt, holy fuck
>girls love an ass, so squat/do olympic weightlifting
>don't browse Veeky Forums

Do SS hard for 4 months.

this moustache is absolutely disgusting
why would you cut it in the middle and leave the sides that long

Can you post a link to SS, none of the sites are loading on mobile

Don't bulk too much

just be a curlbro

Underrated.

Don't workout lower body. Your upper body will explode.

take before photos and do SS.

For women, isn't SS the kind of body shape they want?

y-you too?

Yes 3x5 is great for progression and the accessories add volume to the body parts that need it for growth.

There is a difference between long grain and short grain rice apparently. Short grain rice is pure cancer. I just ate a cup of it and apparently that was over 600 calories. Already at 1500 calorie limit 3 hours before dinner. I am so fucking hungry. I should have just walked to the gook store and gotten more long grain when I ran out.

Don't bother.

She's not coming back.

I got started with scooby too. I'd recommend ss but scooby is really good

Stop training legs so much.

5x5 or 3x5 bench
3xf dips

switch up the accessories

Did you replace Goblin Squats for Squats, Push ups for bench Press or something?
Also sometimes I add some Chin ups or some other accesories dumbell exercises for arms or chest, is that ok?

Don't completely remove incline unless you want gorilla tits, but the incline flies are redundant.

never read boards or forums

Be absolutely 100% consistent eating real food, especially vegetables and fuck supplements.1

1Creatine is dirt cheap and seems to do something for me but that's about it.

any recommendations for eating the right veggie amounts in each meal?

Sometimes i throw in a lot of broccoli and after i cook it it shrinks and looks like im eating a pathetic amount.

I just need to build up my immune system.

Is that row with a weight or just on one of those "harder you pull" ones?

With a barbell or dumbbell. What in the hell are you talking about?

I already did user.

STOP FUCKING RUNNING SO MUCH AND CUTTING 1000 CALS A DAY AND LIFT YOU ABSOLUTE MAD MAN

count calories
get low body fat before bulking
don't dirty bulk

bonus: do steroids