How to prove that every single Christian is a heretic: Ask them to explain the trinity

How to prove that every single Christian is a heretic: Ask them to explain the trinity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw
orthodoxwiki.org/Holy_Trinity
orthodoxwiki.org/Ecumenical_Councils
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God is everything

I saw a UFO that looked like this it was a black triangle and had lights in the corners and the middle what does it mean OP

It merely IS user.
No more
No less

It's beyond human rationale; we cannot understanding, only accept it trough faith alone. If you buy into it to begin with.

Get out, heretic

The Father: God in totality
The Holy Spirit: God's will

But to prove it you must first prove that ONE of the heresies is true to judge the others.

Otherwise you will just be indulging in rhetoric, which is the wiliest of heresies.

This. Christian metaphysics is filled with so much convoluted flowery mental gynamstics like this that most people who aren't scholars in this shit can't hope to NOT be a heretic by definition.

Which is how they used to heat the churches before Luther. Then they used Satanists.

If the father is god in totality, then the other two would be parts of the father, which is heresy.

This video actually does a pretty good job of showing you how to avoid confessing ancient heresies by embracing the mystery of the trinity:
>youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw

>metaphysics

do you even theology bro?

This is actually pretty funny, thanks.

You're welcome.

That whole channel has some pretty funny stuff if you're looking for more.

>tfw Servetus called them out on this 4 centuries ago

This implies that the will of the father and the will of the son are not God's, or at the very least that the two must co-exist with the spirit to have any will at all.

Attempting to define something so far beyond human understanding with a positive definition is a fools errand. Rather instead, far more knowledge is gained through via negativa. What define what the Trinity is most easily by what it is not.

If it's such a mystery how do they know it is as they say?

Ever seen that scene from Little Rascals where they stand on top of each other and wear a trench coat, making one adult in the process?

That’s the trinity.

That's modalism, Patrick!

The Trinity is three divine persons (hypostases) who share one essence (ousia). All three persons are consubstantial with each other, that is, they are of one essence (homoousios) and coeternal. There never was a time when any of the persons of the Trinity did not exist.

orthodoxwiki.org/Holy_Trinity

Is your hand different than yourself?

This is what was revealed by the Holy Scriptures and the Church Fathers.

Check out the Seven Ecumenical Councils

orthodoxwiki.org/Ecumenical_Councils

is your hand yourself?

>There never was a time when any of the persons of the Trinity did not exist.
So where was Jesus before his birth to Mary?

I noticed, it looks pretty great. Theology and humor scratch an itch. Ironically, I blame Graham Chapman.

My hand is a part of me, but it is not me. If you think that the relationship between the father and the son is like the relationship between me and my hand, then you are committing heresy. Each member of the trinity IS God. They are not parts of God like my limbs are a part of me, and they are most certainly not parts of one another as they are distinct entities from one another.

Also known as, proposing an impossible task.

Incoherent is incoherent, sorry christ cucks

The Son has always existed along with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

The Son became flesh and became a man as Jesus. Jesus was born at a particular time and place in history. Since Jesus is the Son then Jesus is God since The Son is one in essence with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

There's so much humor to be had in theology. It's refreshing to see someone with decent animation skills and sense of humor putting it to work for the Kingdom

>Catholicism
>Implying

/thread

You can’t /thread yourself, fool.

Yet I did.

Things like this honestly make me consider Arianism.

Why?

There's no contradiction in the Son always being yet becoming flesh at a particular point in time in history and this is what is taught in scripture and affirmed by the ecumenical councils.

I guess it's because I was raised without a Christian education, so for most of my life I have essentially agreed with the Arian belief (although obviously I didn't recognise it as being Arian until recently). For some reason it's what I'd assumed was true since childhood, and because I've believed that for such a long time, it's hard to change.

fpbp

SOLA FIDE
O
L
A

F
I
D
E

A man who truly has faith in God should by all accounts practice good works, but it is though his faith that God shall grant him salvation.

You have to keep in mind that many "heretical" texts were simply called Heretical because they BTFO your filthy jewish "holy trinity".

Arianism makes far more sense when you actually bother to read through the various Gnostic texts.

This. Or if you don't want to use Greek words, just fucking recall what the Nicene Creed says and think about it for a short while. It helps avoid the most basic errors.

" For I tell ye this day, that the True and Perfect God is Power. Love and Wisdom, and these three are One. And yet the True God is Justice, Knowledge and Purity, and these three are One. Yea, God is Splendour, Compassion and Holiness. and these three are One. And yet I say further unto ye, that God is Truth, Goodness and Beauty, and these three are One.
"And these four Trinities are ONE in the hidden Deity, the Perfect. the Infinite, the Only."

>Trinity
>Jewish

They hate Christianity and shudder at the thought of Christ being one with the Father.

Gnostics are crypto-jews

Pretty much this.

An alien parasite arrives on Earth, infecting humans through their eyes and ears. It infects the host's brain by inserting tentacles into its nervous system to compel the host to infect others via their mouths and hands. While normal parasites generally try to remain hidden this one makes its presence fully known to its host, and utilizes this to their advantage by driving the host insane and making them think they have a symbiotic relationship with their parasite instead of being exploited by it. This goes beyond being seen as symbiotic: the host believes its parasite to be the all, the source of their physical existence and experiential purpose, infinite in worth compared to their own value - the parasite is all worth and value itself. The goal of the parasite is to become a total part of the host's conscious reality, an omnipresent part of them, transforming their identity into an almost irreparable blend of host and parasite.

This alien parasite is of course God, and is so powerful that it doesn't even need a body: it is comprised of pure information in human brains, a narrative mind virus. The Trinitarian God is a chimera of narrative mind viruses/gods (grammar,) Greek philosophical technology (logic,) and communication technology (originally and especially the written language.) This is represented by the Trinity, which is the maximally parasitic form of the Trivium, it is a mind virus that memetically engineers the means to make itself ever more infectious.

As God is a parasite that feeds off of human awareness, its ultimate victory would be the omnipresent focus of all consciousness upon it. This state is mythologized as "heaven," which is this ideal dream of the parasite, but hell for humanity as all agency, meaning, and purpose is sucked into a nihilistic black hole that effectively punishes all of existence for it not existing; reality itself is sinful, reason itself is a lie.

The rate of cultural evolution has increased exponentially through history due to advancements in communications technology and any other technology that enhances the transmission and manipulation of information. From a meme-centric perspective the technology itself isn't the cause, as technology itself is cultural information, it is cultural evolution itself that has a feedback loop of recursive self-improvement. "The Memetic Singularity" could be thought to be as old as civilization itself, but with the internet humans have created a second memetic singularity as the internet is a hyper-accelerator of informational change. The acceleration of cultural change is now accelerating, making this period a Great Memetic Jerk.

This jerk is causing the collapse of existing social structures that can't keep up with the explosion of informational complexity, which must pull increasingly stronger against accelerating cultural change to prevent it from translating into social change to survive. These structures are now holding humanity hostage, threatening to destroy the entire world if they are upended - the Christian prophecy of apocalypse has been wholly self-fulfilling. A parasite that cannot be destroyed without killing its host has subverted it completely, a logic which is reflected in the doctrine of mutually assured destruction and "too big to fail." A lie so big that it cannot be revealed without ending the world is the true nature of God. The ultimate nihilism is that a lie must replace the real, that the fictional is more valuable than the actual, it is the deepest insanity and one that we've seen become a pandemic with the alt-right.

If we survive the next few decades we'll see an age of mass enlightenment as God, the alien parasite that is the ancient enemy of humanity, is finally destroyed. The age of reason will truly begin, where reason rules over social organization instead of memetic lies.

The real redpill is that the jews subverted Christianity at the very start with your braindead, self-contradictory hebrew Trinity nonsense.

How do you imagine yourself?
Each person, in time, compiles a body of self knowledge that that they naturally come to associate with "the self". Most people can only be conscious of this self in generalization or in part, but unless you are the Buddha you possess it.
How, then, does God imagine himself?
Any answer other than "perfectly" does disservice to God, as to do so imperfectly would imply an imperfect being, and to not do so at all would imply a mindless being. Unless God is possessing of of perfect, complete, eternal knowledge of himself, then he is not worthy to be called God. Thus, God's self image, in all qualities, aka IN ESSENCE, the same as God.
This is the Son, second person of the Trinity, who is called the Word because he is the perfect symbol of the Father.
In knowing himself, the Father knows the entirety of good, which is God,and, being like the Father, the Son knows the entirety of good, which is God. Neither would be able to know one without the other, yet neither is complete without the other. In knowing this good, they see that it is best to be manifested so that other sentient entities, aka man, may know it as well. Therefore they act. For God, who, as the first mover, is a being of pure action and no potentiality, this action constitutes nothing less than his entire being. This is the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity.
Thus we have three persons, sharing the same essence, yet distinct in order that the essence may be fully known to both God and man and fully realized.

Within the deep and luminous subsistence
Of the High Light appeared to me three circles,
Of threefold colour and of one dimension.

And by the second seemed the first reflected
As Iris is by Iris, and the third
Seemed fire that equally from both is breathed.

O how all speech is feeble and falls short
Of my conceit, and this to what I saw
Is such, ’tis not enough to call it little
-Dante

Here. Done.
G-D

There’s a reason why God describes himself with “I am that I am.”

No that's just retarded.

The real redpill is that you need to stop being a degenerate weeb and follow the traditions of your ancestors

>mfw don't specify my denomination
What now?

don't be so fucking thick

Matthew's first chapter makes it VERY clear where the Trinity comes from. Christians simply do not know how to count.

>believing in God to not be a pleb
LARP harder, faggot.

God is Olive Oyl

If god is everything god is nothing. God is meaningless.

Filthy Arian here. I don't understand why God can't just be one omnipresent identity which is simultaneously the father, Jebus, and the spirit all at the same time

> I don't understand why God can't just be one omnipresent identity which is simultaneously the father, Jebus, and the spirit all at the same time

he is.

that's heretical

Then that's not a trinity, that's a monity. God is all three, all the time

brb binging LutheranSatire

What was the difference between the Father and the Son before the birth of Jesus?

The Trinity is like adding 3 drops of water together. 3=1=3

God is multithreaded.

No, all three are God.

Is this the banter of some high 17 year old? What point are you trying to make?

>Jesus
>Not being eternal.
Heretic spotted.

I don't get why this is so hard.
The Son and the Holy Spirit proceed from the Father, though since God exists outside of space and time there is no moment when they began to proceed-- they are 'eternally begotten'. All three persons are of one essence and one will. The Logos (Angel of YHWH) is the ordering mind of the universe through which creation occurred, who incarnated as the Lord, Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit (Spirit of YHWH) is the personal force of God who works through people.