If I weigh 200 lbs and I can do pushups with 100 lbs on my back, how much can I bench?

If I weigh 200 lbs and I can do pushups with 100 lbs on my back, how much can I bench?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vAUJcU_Mqk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wtf am i looking at

300lbs obviously.

Guy kissing his baby.

>Nose on the baby
>Bald head
>Left ear looks like asshole

why is his butt near the baby's face?

His butt is in the background. He is wearing black pants.

500 lbs. Now go try it without safety rails

Holy shit

I could have sworn that was an ass over that babies face....wtf. Am I the only one who seen that?

>these replies

holy fk, that was a mind fuck

thatsthejoke.jpg

That's the weirdest ass I've ever seen

Could have sworn this was a picture of some unshaven guy's ass hovering above a baby's face.

this question is some shit straight from fit/s mathematics book

fuck your question OP, look at that picture.

Ass crack baby

In a push up, you are lifting 64% of your body weight. So calulations:

bodyWeight = 200 * 64 = 128lbs
TotalWeight = 100lbs + 128lbs = 228lbs
You can lift 228 lbs on the bench. But I highly advise against lifting this much if you are a first time bencher, you do not know the proper technique to benching

times your body weight by .7
For the 100 lburgers on your back the ratio might be a bit higher but let's say it's the same. You can bench 210

so if I get to where I'm easily doing 5x10 pushups this way, I might be a beast at benching for a guy who never benches?

no you wont be a beast. Benching a bar will feel really weird, there is no way you will bench 2 plates on your first try (which is your push up equivalent). You will be however much stronger than most beginners on the bench. You could probably do a plate easy. And do 5 x 5 for your pushups, focus on strength

> le 5x5 for strength meme
youtube.com/watch?v=vAUJcU_Mqk8

You can bench the entire world + 100 pounds

>comparing an elite strongman to the average joe
Alright whatever floats your boat user

> le "dey elite, we shudant trein the saem way, dey differnt" meem

You generally shouldn't.

You're not 300lbs. You don't have a 900lb deadlift or a 400lb overhead. You're not on grams of gear and you don't have their training history.

Training needs change. You wanna take inspiration from the elite? Look at what they did to get there, not what they do once they're there.

Remember bench is bigger ROM too.

A dick in your ass

> look at what they did to get there
> looks
> oh hey it's 3-5x10, not low rep compound autism

I spent a whole 20 mins fucking staring at this picture. Hella thought it was a weird hovering ass about to take a shit on a baby. Holy fuck. I'm glad I'm not he only high ass who saw it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=vAUJcU_Mqk8
nice technique
you could bench about 200 after the first month of getting used to the movement and such.