How do I survive this? What can I do to keep in shape?

How do I survive this? What can I do to keep in shape?

Every day is now leg day.
Become a T-rex

Use one arm instead of two.

dem crab gains doe

its the tendon btw, this will take months

This

Masturbate with your left hand

Work on your mental and social gains. Go out and talk to people. Make new friends. Do a little working out so you don't turn to complete mush.

I hope they'll allow me to go running soon enough. The plaster and the stitches will be removed within 2 weeks

Tape weights to your hand and wave your arms around

Jog, back squats, peck deck. This literally happened to me. Cast came off and smelt like a freshly unearthed corpse.

A broken tendon in the vinger?

Leg press, pec Dec, reverse flye, lateral raise machine, back extensions, c*rdio

>cardio

Yes, but I don't know wether it's good to sweat intensely... The stitches are not supposed to be wet

You are basicallly fucked for a month or so.

Work on your diet.

I lost almost 20lbs going from 180 to 165 because I couldnt be active.

That fatcep tells me you didn't lift anyways. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Kek, I have 14% BF. Was working on bringing it below 10. That relatively small bicep is just because I fell for the 5x5 meme way too long

I feel for you bro. I broke my leg in two places back in Feb - right fibula with a spiral fracture. Also, had some ankle ligament damage too.

I take it you've had surgery already so at least it's on track with the recovery.
Fortunately for you, you're still able to be active and mobile which will help both your mental and physical recovery a lot.

Start with light exercises for now involving primarily cardio, corework, and leg workouts. Once you're out of the cast in a few weeks take it very easy with that hand but hopefully you can do more intense cardio like running and swimming.

I personally found that I felt best when I was able to focus on what I could do, rather than what I couldn't.
You are fortunate enough to still have most exercises available to you that involve your legs, core and your other hand. Focus on those as positives in light of this situation and it will definitely pass in time.

there's nothing wrong with 5x5, it's just the most basic form of strength building. If you add in complementary lifts then you'll be fine with that kind of program

but ya I kind of agree if you were squatting 3x and working biceps at a much lower weight after you're just going to go trex

Thanks for the support man. A broken leg is indeed a bigger pain in the ass.
What I'm really afraid of is that my grip strengt might be gone forever in that hand

>5x5
>meme
Maybe take this recovery time to learn about lifting

you're gonna be fine bro, with this kind of attitude you're definitely going to make it. If you really want it, make your diet absolutely perfect in order to minimize any possible loss/ fat gain. Try and work out it. Grip strength is honestly one of the easiest things to regain (speaking from personal experience)

You're going to make it bro!

I'd even recommend seeing a hand therapist and they'll be able to help you with exercises for your damaged ligaments, which will help bring you back to being a fucking Adonis.

>breaking your arm during workouts

#1 reason why i don't exercise.

Puts unnecessary wear and tear on crucial joints.

Okay thanks guys! The reason i'm afraid for my grip strenght is because the surgeon told me that I will have a hard time straightening that ring finger

Where did OP mention that this happened during a workout?

I wouldn't workout with legs because if you injure a leg, you can't use crutches. I would just walk a lot

not sure if trolling...

One last question guys: I would obviously like do maintain a caloric deficit so I don't get fat while i am sitting here on my ass. Will this caloric deficit infect the recovery of my tendon?

>no names or writing on the cast
you're fucking unpopular

No I don't want to be 'that guy'
How are you holding out?

from the thumbnail I thought that was a dude putting his hand in a fleshlight

So did I lol

leg guy here.

I used a calorie deficit over the last few months whilst sitting on my ass recovering and it helped a lot.
It shouldn't affect infection of the tendon as long as there isn't anything already infected from surgery or the dressing covering the wound. If there's an infection a calorie deficit won't make a difference provided that you're getting enough nutrition from the food you do consume.

One thing I did notice by dropping my calories is that even now I have shit energy throughout the later part of the day. I get exhausted easier than I used to and also struggle to eat as much. Hopefully my body can drop some more fat and fight through this plateau as I want my gains to shine.

With the ring first finger issue focus on seeing a hand therapist soon so they can mitigate any potential damage asap bro