He intensively day dreams about being a beloved reform minded 21st century dictator of a large Eurasian super state in...

>he intensively day dreams about being a beloved reform minded 21st century dictator of a large Eurasian super state in between reading large tomes of early 20th century history

Fuck you.

"I WILL PURSUE GROWTH THROUGH REFORM"

*smashes nuclear launch detonator*

"THE WEST JUST DOES NOT UNDERSTAND"

Is there any alternate history that could have lead to 1984 coming true?

If WWII didn't end. Like it just kept going indefinitely. That's what 1984 is.

That's a gay as shit user. I spend all my time pretending to be the God King of a mighty empire stretching from the Mediterranean to steppes of Central Asia.

Close but no cigars.

I dream of being a beloved reform minded eccentric Banana Republic dictator of some vague developing nation where I can larp in style and blame the imperialists for any issues.

>he doesn't dream of being the guy who restores the rule of law out of chaos, and as a result of this is given dictatorial powers with none of the stigma
>he doesn't dream of saving his country at a critical moment, and creating a system that withstands the test of time
>he doesn't dream of retiring peacefully, and watching as his predecessors continue to run the country effectively, proving that what you've created has become larger than any one man

I mostly day dream about being a mid level state department employee during the height of the cold war, descended from old WASP stock that is in on the international diplomatic cocktail circuit doing fuck all to justify my $250k/year salary and occasionally rubbing elbows with CIA officers and being resentful of them because I didn't get good grades during my time at Harvard preventing me from entering the CIA, thank you very much.

This is literally my ideal career path.

>tfw State Department never calls me back about my application

Which track did you apply for? I've heard consular services is the easiest, and you can springboard your way into other tracks from there.

Huh, thanks for the advice. It's been awhile since I applied since I'm content with my current job but I think it was typically entry-level programs, where I could find them anyways.

DELET THIS

Yeah keep at it. My friend managed to get a position stateside working with the passport department, says he wants to worm his way into the intelligence branch one day.

Wtf are you me

Yeah, been looking to get a cushy job at some embassy in a small obscure country, preferably one of the more dangerous ones because you know, fuck it.

I daydream of being able to find a way to kill myself quickly and painlessly in this shithole without guns.

>isn't afraid of death
>is afraid of pain
lol edgy faggot

I mainly dream of being a Doctor Doom-type wizard/dictator ruling over an Arthurian fantasy realm on the continent of Australia.

what is this referencing

>he intensively day dreams about being a beloved reform minded 21st century dictator of a large Eurasian super state
It ain't me.
It's too late for the 21st century, it was ruined from the start. I only daydream about replacing Augustus, Napoleon or Stalin.