As a political ideologue...

As a political ideologue, Wahhabism/Salafism seems to be unrelenting rearing its head in any (Islamic) conflict any becoming the dominant force if it wasn't for military intervention by regional and great powers they would surely have taken over many of the fronts in the Islamic world.
My question is will it ever be defeated or will it win just by sheer determination

Other urls found in this thread:

pakistani.org/pakistan/constitution/part9.html
pakistanspace.tripod.com/archives/56_12.htm
wsws.org/en/articles/2017/11/16/isis-n16.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>or will it win just by sheer determination
This seems pretty likely.

As of now there are only 3 states that have set out to fight Islamists and those are; the US of A, Russia and France.

And the US seems to be getting more and more unstable (left and right politics) as well as getting more and more tangled in the NK and China conflicts.

Russia's demographics and economy are both faltering, Russia will in fact become majority Muslim by 2050 if current predictions hold which means that Russia would be more sympathetic to these groups.

France is the only great power who doesn't seem to be having some sort of problem going on right now but once the UK leaves the EU France (and Germany) would be forced to pay-in even more money than what they currently do to keep the EU running (rich states such as France pay money to help poor states such as Poland and Romania). This would hamper France's ability to fight Islamists and would force them to only operate in key-locations.

If the US would have a all out war with China it would most surely win but would probably be so weakened by the conflict that it's ability to police the world would be limited so only high-value targets would be protected (shipping lanes, oil fields) while Islamists would have a greater ability to recruit/commit operations in cities/villages.

Please note; I use Islamists as in "Muslim fanatic who kills people for his religion" I do not say that all Muslims are evil.

Inshallah
Death to the unbelievers

I woulld add that Russia only fights if their are clear incentives for them, Syria was one of their few Mid-eastern allies that they couldn't afford to lose, so unless it is in their territories its safe to assume Russia wont be intervening or policing fragile states.

>Please note; I use Islamists as in "Muslim fanatic who kills people for his religion" I do not say that all Muslims are evil.
The "moderate" muslims are the more dangerous of the two though.

Really makes you think

Interesting to know figures about Islamic progression in Russia. Any respectful figures?
Syria wasnt ally at all. Syria was French-British puppet state.

>I use Islamists as in "Muslim fanatic who kills people for his religion" I do not say that all Muslims are evil.
Which is another big reason why we're gonna lose, we're so obsessed with not grouping all muslims together that we allow moderate muslims to immigrate, but moderate muslims breed and recruit, and from moderate muslims comes extremists.

I'll say it again. Why exactly does the alt-right dislike Islam again? At least 4 or 5 of those points seem to be things they'd thoroughly enjoy.

Historically Muslim states have always been taken over by more radical movements. But once in power those lose their zeal gradually.

The only point I see the alt right supporting is oppressing women. Anyways the alt right is less about values and more about ethnicity.

no? they where considered a rogue state and was considered part of the axis of evil.
They also hosted on of Russia's only military and naval base, that base was the only base the Russians had on the Mediterranean.
Add to that they where Hezbollah mains supplier and donor

I'm not alt right. I'm gay.

>will it win just by sheer determination
Or will it win because muslims are naturally attracted to it?

>As of now there are only 3 states that have set out to fight Islamists and those are; the US of A, Russia and France.

what about Iran? (and the Shia more generally)

>I'll say it again. Why exactly does the alt-right dislike Islam again?
They're not "white"

not him btw.
They fight it if it harms their interest Iran has used al queda as proxies before to fight its conflicts.
Im pretty sure they just dont want it in the levant

Russia wont become a majority muslim contry in 2050. Where do you get your statistics from? Dont try to fool people with fake news, mate.

Nah replace Jihad with DEUS VULT, and they'd support that too, even though I doubt most of them would be devout catholics. Paedophilia is also pretty popular with incels, who while are not everyone in the alt right, there's certainly a good degree of overlap between the two. As for rape, I'd say that coincides with any "conquest" fetishes they might have whenever they romanticize the past. Replace "Honour" Killings with "Degeneracy" Killings and I'm sure you'd drum up some support in alt right circles as well.

>Anyways the alt right is less about values and more about ethnicity.
It's tends to be both in my experience.

There wasnt a single article in Russian media of 2000s about Syria as ally. Moreover, first Putin steps were to abandon Russian bases in Cuba and Vietnam - "we arent USSR, fuck this shit". Army was also reducing.
Many Syrian gas and oil companies were belonged to France before civil war. Assad graduated British military academy and his brother was cleared from the way.

except the united states is literally allied to a nation that exports wahabism everywhere as part of it's state policy.
Burger government is as serious about fighting islamists as it is about fighting for democracy.

>Implying the alt right is even a thing and wasn't created as controlled opposition

The muslim societies are still very young and thus not mature enough to become western. It will be defeated by their own population and reform of islam.

>There wasnt a single article in Russian media of 2000s
Yeah cause all the focus was on Iraq and Afghanistan remember.
>There wasnt a single article in Russian media of 2000s
Vietnam base is still operating, Russian spokesman said they where "rethinking" the decision to close the bases.
>Many Syrian gas and oil companies were belonged to France before civil war. Assad graduated British military academy and his brother was cleared from the way.
No, assad was toughed at Arab-French al-Hurriya School in Damascus, he studied medicine and didnt go to military school in britain.

I thought it was the left who ran the paedophile sex rings?

>reform of islam.
When? 2517?

This,

The United States is propping up the main exporter of extremist ideology, Saudi Arabia, where most of the 9/11 hijackers also originated from. But they're despots who keep the oil flowing into western gas tanks so they get a pass

The Islamic Republic of Iran is specific creation of blowback from the United States propping up an anti-communist despot.

When the United States overthrew Saddam Hussein, a former propped up despot turned scapegoat, they encoded Islam into its constitution and then wondered why the Shia's and Sunnis started fighting.

The United States is holding a wolf by the ears: letting go would be a disaster but hanging on is only making it angrier.

There's only one real solution to the problem: ending our economic dependence on Middle Eastern oil, investing in Nuclear and renewables, electric vehicles, and eliminating the need to prop up pro-western regimes who only succeed in radicalizing their native populations, who reproduce like rabbits because extreme wealth disparities is hampering economic development and fueling pre-development birth rates. It'll probably never happen with this administration, though

They are. At least the ones you see in Hollywood. The people who run pedophile sex rings don't want their business to be out in the open. The rings exist precisely because they have some degree of shame and/or social standing to lose. Most incel pedophiles, on the other hand, just want the behavior to be normalized in general. It's still pedophilia, but it's pedophilia with different motivations.

>The United States is propping up the main exporter of extremist ideology, Saudi Arabia

The US actually buys much less Saudi oil than Europe, Japan, and China do.

The US just wants stability in the region so that those countries don't get deprived of oil, triggering a recession that spreads to the US.

except the USA sells a ton of military hardware to the saudis, is in a military alliance with it and keeps troops deployed there.

We aren't just talking about transactional nature of the US and saudi arabia. The United states treats KSA with kid gloves

>There's only one real solution to the problem: ending our economic dependence on Middle Eastern oil
We don't have an economic dependence on Middle Eastern oil. It's not the resource itself that's valuable, it's the trade of said resource. The USA's status as a superpower rests on two factors. The long reach of its military, and its unrivaled presence in international trade. The second factor is supported by many things, but one very significant one is the use of US dollars in trade. Specifically oil trade. The US supports fucks like the Saudis and Sadam (formerly) not because they supplied oil to the US, but that they traded all their oil in US dollars. US dollars being the standard affords the US with a lot of influence. A kind of influence that cannot be easily replicated in a world where everyone starts using Nuclear and renewable energy. That is why the age of Saudi Arabia will not be ending anytime soon.

>United States overthrew Saddam Hussein, a former propped up despot turned scapegoat, they encoded Islam into its constitution and then wondered why the Shia's and Sunnis started fighting.
You think the US didnt think all of this?

They want IRAQ to be unstable because like that they can control it better, saddam was a US puppet and look what happened, they dont want something like that to happen again

>The United states treats KSA with kid gloves
Because the KSA has options, if the US doesn't sell weapons, France, the UK, Germany, Turkey, Russia and China are all happy to sell them instead.

Very good summery.

I know.

I'm just saying, ending US dependence on Gulf Oil will have a very limited effect on global politics because there are so many countries that need it more than we do.

I dream of the day that the oil runs out and the Arabs return to their camels, having learned nothing.

>le islam's just going through growing pains meme
Muslim society has been in existence for over 1300 years and has influenced by other far older cultures. It's not young. The idea that the geopolitical evolution of the West is somehow the default narrative of human society and that every other culture is just playing catch up to reach the same goal is ridiculous. That thinking will only prolong the problem.

>As a political ideologue, Wahhabism/Salafism seems to be unrelenting rearing its head in any (Islamic) conflict any becoming the dominant force if it wasn't for military intervention by regional and great powers they would surely have taken over many of the fronts in the Islamic world.

To be fair, ISIS only managed to get as far as it did with the support of those very same regional and great powers.

>they are happy to sell them instead.
Except the US is an actual military ally with the KSA, just like they are allied to Pakistan and other assorted islamist shitholes.

The USA was among the biggest enablers of islamist cancer during the cold war giving carte blanche funding to batshit insane islamic groups.

don't make the mutt think.
A generation of burgers is now growing up pretending to be part of le epic crusade against the muslim menace, just like their fathers grew up pretending to be fighting le global communism

Mandatory post on KSA

Their everywhere Chad, Nigeria, Libya, Somalia, Afghanistan and they even captured a town in the Philippines

Nobody in America really wants to got to war over anything. One of the main things that probably hurt Hillary the most was being a democrat hawk and that the Neocons flipped their support to her, and Trump called America's wars dumb.

I am talking about the general attitude towards an prospective enemy. Cold war era hawks grew up in a world, and ran a state department where you were with the United states or were communist bootlicks of russia.
Now the same thing is happening regarding islam. A generation of americans is growing up knowing that islam is the enemy and they are a monolithic entity that wants to take over the USA and incorporate sharia law. Forget the facct that most muslim countries are either unstable, have their own religious sects and issues to deal with or are otherwise post colonial messes.

Its the same binary nature rearing it's head in a world that is slowly but steadily becoming more multipolar.

>some LARPers say they are part of an ebin ummah and raise a squiggly flag
>this makes them part of an international cabal of islamists working under ISIS, not a bunch of disparate groups seeking publicity off the lastest trend in media.

>hey want IRAQ to be unstable because like that they can control it better
And now if the Kurds don't get in the way, there'll be a Shia Crescent right next to Israel along with Syria and Iran.

I don't think that Muslims of any stripe have plans to take over anything, but Islam is going to be a huge religion in the 21st century (thought this may be meliorated by the sunni/shia split), with the decline of Christianity and the demographic collapse of Europe, plus the inevitable relative decline of America's power. Russia is also in danger of a demographic collapse and going into economic irrelevance.

Pakistan is on paper secular tho. It was meant to be that way.

>moderate muslims comes extremists.
And from moderate environmentalists come eco-terrorists, from moderate vegetarians come fucktarded vegans that believe women not getting their periods is healthy, and from moderate nationalists come white/black-supremacists.
This Sam Harris tier logic is the most supremely retarded thing i've ever read.

Now, one could make the quite successful point that Islam has an inherent bias towards radicalization and fanaticism, and i agree, but "le moderates are a smokescreen for jihadis, thinking is hard, and liberals went full retard in the opposite direction, so fuck that shit, let's treat everyone like a criminal" is the most strategically retarded thing ever.

>country has islamic republic in it's name.
>army's motto is literally jihad for allah
>secular.

>Pakistan
>secular
Islam is literally the state region, enshrined by the constitution.

and who or what is going to control this huge religion?
There is no legitimate head of the fate for islam like there is for catholicism. Wahabism oftentimes has a hostile relationship with other forms of islam to the extent of countries reducing their islamic identities like bangladesh

>moderate nationalists
Turbo meme. Annex Czecho-Slovakia or go home

I'm talking about at a government level. There was never meant to be any actual Islamic law incorporated into the government, but the coup under Zia changed that as he handed more power to the mullahs. I'm hoping it does change back one day.

t. adolf "overheat the economy" Hitler

>it was never meant to be islamic
>country founded as islamic homeland for all subcontinental muslims.
>the moment jinnah croaks country starts becoming more islamic every time.
>armed forces literally have the motto - follower of none but God, the fear of God, struggle for God
It is an islamist country with a nuke. And a US ally for nearly all of the cold war and beyond.

Yes it's a Islamic country but it was never meant to be the near Sharia law shithole it is today. What can't you understand about that. Separation of religion and state doesn't mean you absolutely have to be a literal commie in all other aspects.
> the moment jinnah croaks country starts becoming more islamic every time.
More like decades afterwards. You could still do things like taking off your shirt at the pool without some faggot chimping out before.

okay milo

>country runs on sharia, is controlled by an army that has it's motto as jihad for allah.
>"it was not meant to be one"
It became one and has become more islamicized ever since while the United states, the only "major country to fight islamism" has been steadily propping up its army, turning a blind eye to it's nuclear program and supporting it.

>country runs on sharia
It is in nowhere comparable to Saudi Arabia, a literal Sharia law country. People here can still go without hijabs if they want for example.
>It became one
>is controlled by an army that has it's motto as jihad for allah.
I did say post-Zia thing's changed a lot. I also never said it wasn't Islamic for your average person, just that we didn't have any Islamic laws before.

>has been steadily propping up its army, turning a blind eye to it's nuclear program and supporting it.
Why wouldn't they. America is only against things which threaten their interest and we're not involved with ME politics at all.

>it was never meant to be the near Sharia law shithole it is today
pakistani.org/pakistan/constitution/part9.html

This from the 1956 constitution. i.e. decades before Zia.

Absolutely not. If you read the bottom of the page you'll notice this was implemented in the 80's. The one implemented by Jinnah didn't have this.

My bad. Have the actual 1956 constitution. Exact same wording.

pakistanspace.tripod.com/archives/56_12.htm

The Islamic law in this case was restricted to personal status issues like family law. On an institutional level it was secular and would remain so until Zia's era.

Funny how the constitution doesn't split any such hairs and just states that all law in the country would be brought into adherence with Islamic law.

Argue for how culturally Islamic Pakistan was before Zia all you want. The fact remains that from the very start Pakistan was an Islamic nation, first and foremost.

>Funny how the constitution doesn't split any such hairs and just states that all law in the country would be brought into adherence with Islamic law.
Yes I guess that China is communist country too then.
>Argue for how culturally Islamic Pakistan was before Zia all you want. The fact remains that from the very start Pakistan was an Islamic nation, first and foremost.
I never said that it wasn't an Islamic country, but on bureaucratic level we were secular.

>We were secular on a bureaucratic level
>the absolute state of pakis
It was literally the british state machinery you guys were running off while becoming islamicized.

>becoming
It was abrupt and literally all of it came at once.
Also not an argument. If Zia wasn't there we'd be the same.

* same as before

It is unrelenting only because its two greatest backers, saudi and pakistan, are us allies, and thus allowed to support it with impunity

Furthermore a series of wars in and around the middle east have allowed a die hard core of mobile jihadists to roam the region fighting and recruiting and gaining experience

>Soviet afghan war
>afghan CW
>chechen wars
>balkan wars
>algerian CW
>intervention in somalia
>invasion of afghanistan
>second intafada
>post invasion iraqi CW
>syrian CW
>libyan CW

The west hasnt got a clue what to do about it since they cant really just turn their back on saudi as their source of oil and their meddling in the ME to try and fix the situation is mostly counterproductive

Its not so much that the salafists are super determined, they are but that doesnt count for much against properly organized and equipped enemies who know what theyre doing, they just benefit from the sort of stable instability in the ME that allows them safe havens and for their backers to do whatecer they want

It's simply being exported by Saudi Arabia, and the U.S. uses the ensuing strife to crack down militarily. This -ism is no more special than the others and is on par with autism.

Why is this on his board

France and Russia are both heading to muslim majorities. US is heading to becoming Brazil 2

>As of now there are only 3 states that have set out to fight Islamists and those are; the US of A, Russia and France.

Pic related is the real fight against Islamists.
The U.S has hindered the fight against Islamists.

Wahhabism is more than 150 years old.

They don't. Hitler was heavily pro Mohammed. They only use islam as a smoke screen to recruit gays and other people legitimately afraid of their lives in a Muslim world.

It will defeat itself.

Islam is way too divisive and Arab culture itself is. Just look at the Umayyads and Abbasids, they seemed unstoppable when suddenly they tore themselves up.

>Vienna included in the map
Reminder that roaches will never ever take vienna

>it's another polititard talking about History

We have kebab shops there which is a good enough alternative so fuck you.

bump for interesting discussion.

>not mentioning male genital mutilation

Gotchu there, Friedberg.

Men are disposable in western culture, the majority of homeless people and people who commit suicides are men and nobody gives a fuck. Yet Islam is the "shitty" culture.

If we're talking about the origins of the anti-Islam element online, it's because it began with Western and Israeli right-wing Jews and pro-Israeli suppporters.

Syria released many of its captive Islamists, some of whom were more secular rebels that radicalized by putting them in proximity of the hardcore radicals and brutalizing both. These released Islamists steadily took over the opposition, because then Syria wouldn't have to face a popular, secular front.

Syria isn't any different from the others, who see the Islamists as useful enemies and subversive agents to bolster chaos in the ranks of their opposition all to make their own rule seem more positive by comparison.

>My question is will it ever be defeated or will it win just by sheer determination
Once stability is restored, it will die. And that's even if it wins. Much of Wahhabism and Salafism is fueled by its current demographics, favoring disenfranchised and (those who believe themselves to be) underprivileged men without strong roots in any community. Once the dust settles, however, the society that emerges will include new elites, middle class workers, women of all backgrounds, and the always irreverent working poor.

It wouldn't be the first time it happens in Islamic history. It's happened before even in European history.

>Fight Islamists
>U.S.A.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

wsws.org/en/articles/2017/11/16/isis-n16.html

Muslim isn't a race.

I'm sorry, were you expecting logic and consistency... from /pol/?

Nah, they're gonna try to destroy the West but get curbstomped as China asserts itself as the new hyperpower.