Is pic-related bad for you...

Is pic-related bad for you? I'm not fat but I have a small gut and slight double chin so I started running to hopefully get rid of that. Do any of you guys drink coffee or should I try to stop?

As long as you drink it black and don't use cream or sugar, coffee is fine to drink.

Starbucks is shit coffee, I fucking hate it, I should know

>implying people go to starbucks to get black coffee

I drink my coffee black with no sugar and one drop of milk.When I drink sweet coffee on cafeteries with friends I feel like having a heart attack.Starbucks coffee must taste like fucking nesquik

When I worked there, some autists did, pretty rare though.

Coffee is not bad for you. In fact, it can give you energy to workout harder. It's what you put in coffee that can cause weight gain.
A pack of sugar is only around ~20 calories. That is fine once or twice a day. As soon as you start having multiple packs of sugar and cream, multiple times a day, you are adding a couple hundred extra calories to your diet.
My advice is to try and drink it black, but if you cannot stomach it, just make sure you have enough wiggle room within your daily caloric limit to have the coffee without going over your TDEE.
But always, always, try and avoid those slushie "coffee" drinks.

Coffee is good to drink. Coffee with a little cream and sugar is fine as long as you count those calories toward your daily total intake. Double mocha frappachino or whatever the fuck else you get at Starbucks is more or less a milkshake though, and it's going to do nothing good for your body.

I always get a medium iced coffee with creamer and 4 pumps of whatever flavor I want at the time, and order a large water to go with it. I like it a lot but I don't want to get fat. It won't impede my progress will it?

I was one of those autists. Still am, in fact. Do the baristas make fun of me?

black coffee is fine, the shit they serve in starbucks is not.

Yep, I know for a fact frappuccinos are the worst drink you can buy from there. Another thing, I eat two big meals per day and I try to snack on fruit and vegetables whenever possible. I'm pretty sure my daily caloric intake is less than 2500, maybe even 2000. That's how I've always eaten though.

They have a website that tells you how terrible it is.

I just drink coffee with a little sweetener and sometimes a bit of almond milk.
If I want something really tasty, I'll have iced coffee with the almond milk and a scoop of chocolate protein powder.

>4 pumps of sugar

>Not fat
>Slight double chin
pick one

Your sugary coffe milkshakes are irrelevant if your ego is so fragile that you keep lying about how fat you are

I think most of them are sugar alcohol based.

Is that so? Well then, pump away you lard-ass

The way you've always eaten has got you a gut. Perhaps it's time to reevaluate?
Cardio is great for you, but you're going to get hungrier, so you need to know what foods to eat to fill you up, while giving you nutrition, and not going over TDEE

How are you tracking your calories?

I'm not him and I wasn't trying to upset you. I'm just saying I think they're sugar alcohol.

I'm really not as fat as you'd think. What I meant by slight is if I look down a bit, it's there. I have "skinny fat" and it's fucking gross to me.

I am one of those autists. The commercial drip coffee makers get it just right temp and flavor wise for me. Tall black Pike please.

>> SB changes the star rewards to be based off how much you spend

Coffee is great. The shit you're putting in the coffee is ruining it. Fine in moderation, but it packs a load of empty calories.

I just count what I eat. Super basic, I'm new to this.

I used to skate and actually be active. Besides running, I sit on my ass and play video games.

No, they like you, at least I did, easy to do.

Barista here. It's all sugar.

Thank you for that valuable input, tubby

It's not the coffee itself that's the problem, it's everything else they put in it, sugar, cream, etc.

Plus, Starbucks is just bad anyway, on moral grounds.

So you're probably pushing 3000-3500 calories

>that thing
>coffee
Fucking Americans

They're more like treats, I agree.

Not exactly. Like I said a while ago, I eat two or even just one large meal per day and I work in fruits or vegetables whenever possible.

What a stupid fucking question

But you're eyeballing. You don't have any idea about how much you are really eating.

Ignore the autists in this thread.

Coffee is fine as long as sugar and creamer is controlled for.

Your pic (med iced coffee w/ 1 tbsp creamer) is about 25cal. No big deal.

If you get the flavored crap, frappuccinos, seasonal lattes, etc, you might as well head over to 7-Eleven and get the Big Gulp.

Which ones are the autists?

How many calories are in one "large meal" and hiw did you arrive at that figure?

>Is a sugary coffee drink bad for you

It sure fucking is

Just go buy some gourmet coffee and make yourself a cup

I only ate a Double Double yesterday, so whatever calories that has is all I took in. I have a feeling I should stay away from that though.

>ls pic-related bad for you?

>Yep, I know for a fact frappuccinos are the worst drink you can buy from there

How many calories in a double double?

Also, please answer the question:

> How many calories are in one "large meal" and how did you arrive at that figure?

So you're not tracking your calories

My bad! A Double Double has 669 calories, give or take. That would be my "large meal". For other meals, I do the same. It is a rough estimate like you said.

Rough estimate based on what? Are you tracking these calories on paper? Do you cook your own meals or do you rely on fast food?

>McDonald's as a diet staple

You're definitely eating more than 2500 calories. You need to start cooking your own meals and keeping track of exactly how much you eat.

I'll be honest, I eat out a lot. I guess coffee isn't my only problem fuck

Iced coffee - fine as long as you don't go ham with the sugar
Iced latte/mocha - getting into trouble
frappuccinos - DANGER ZONE

Coffee has no calories or significant nutritional value, so it shouldn't affect your diet much either way

If you mix coffee with a milkshake you're still drinking a milkshake though

I agree, but SB are super successful in most european countries, so yeah.

Can someone tell me what a frappuchino is? Is it a frozen coffee/latte thing or nah?

>that guy who puts sugar in black coffee

It's a coffee milkshake.

Make one at home - a shot of strong coffee, a cup of milk, some sugar, cup of ice, and the secret ingredient 'xanthan gum'. Just a pinch.

Put it all in a blender. Just as good as the real thing, and it doesn't cost £4.

>coffee

I have never understood why people drink anything else other than water and milk.

It's not that fucking hard.

Thanks m8. I'll try it out.

Heavy cream+flavoring+1 shot of espresso topped with whipped cream.

NP Familia. In fairness it's actually kinda delicious.

>everyone saying it's bad unless you drink it black
Just put some milk instead of cream.

Xanthan gum is simply a flavorless thickening agent. They use it for texture and consistency.

Literally nothing wrong with black coffee.

There is 50/50 split amongst the population as far as who experiences a net benefit. There is a genetic component that makes the cardiovascular damage outweigh the antioxidant benefit.

>>It's not that fucking hard
No point to it either