Tfw family friends son is a millionaire with his own businesses

Tfw family friends son is a millionaire with his own businesses
>charismatic
>social
>millionaire at 26
>likeable (even i like him)
>dyel (by Veeky Forums standards)

Im 24, work in network security, and have been lifting since 2010.
Honestly, there comes a time when 'making it brah' definitely isn't applied to lifting.

I remember when i started in 2010 with great enthusiasm; i ate right, i stuck with my gym schedule and routine, I pretty much made it my ultimate goal to be buff.
That's okay when you're 18, because at 18 year olds think about getting buff more than starting early to develop his wealth.
Now im 24 and lifting with the same intensity and dedication isn't for someone my age anymore unless im trying to make something out of it; i could drop 15% of my weight and still come out alright.
It's just a funny realisation when you finish uni and you're out in the workforce, no one cares if you lift apart from the usual compliments and asking you for advice, but being buff doesn't hold the same value as when you're in uni/college anymore.

1/2

If you're still in uni, stick to lifting, when you're out of uni, you're going to have to change your priorities.
It's like being the best DOTA player in high school, unless you're taking it to the competitive level to make something out of it, no one cares how good you are at DOTA at a certain point in life; it might even be looked down upon too.

Discuss.

2/2

Don't compare yourself to others, grass is always greener.

Lifting, aside from the strength, is like a small buff to alot of other aspects of your Life, and isn't that huge if an investment.

I always had this in the back of my head. But always remembered to take the way i treat and feel about lifting, towards every day hard work and reaching my career goals. I'm going to end up doing what I love (lifting) and use it as a side job (personal training) so I can make money and keep doing what I love, while progressing in other areas of life to make as much money as I can. I don't think i'll ever chanve my mentality.

Well sure but at post-uni age you should lay off the level of dedication and intensiy unless you need the body to make a living.

There's so much to do in life and spending an hour in the gym plus travel time 5 days a week + losing energy for other activities isnt worth it.

Funny how you mention dota. I was 6k in 2013 and was ranked #1 in NEL for a bit. Stopped playing completely a year ago and my life is a million times better.

Look, your personality really does come first.

ON AVERAGE ,GIRLS NEVER FUCKING APPROACH YOU, REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU LOOK

Lmao, because I remember when dota was all the rage back in high school when i shouldve been lifting, i only realise it until it's too late.

>girls
This thread has nothing to do with girls mate. To even bring this girls in this thread after what I've written, surely you're 16. Go away.

if you had a social group whatsoever it would still be valuable

i donno man. i'm in uni for pharmacy and i lift. i don't ever see quitting though. gonna be a sick cunt when im 40. i dont see the value depreciating.

use your friend to get into wharton. thats what i would do ya cheeky cunt

You have a plushy office job. Material goods or more wealth won't solve your uncontentedness with life. (inb4 retarded memesters reply thinking having a zippy zap bing bang fast car or an oversized house isn't just temporary gratification and is equatable to a fatty eating a pie and wanting more afterwards)

Not op but lol @ these kids whos still in college thinking they'll lift forever. Good luck having both the time and mental energy to go to he gym at 40. You have no idea what responsibilities comes your way in 20 years

Thats because you're some gook studying in UNSW making up for being skelly in high school

That depends on how much you enjoy it, and what else you got going on on your life.

I don't think anyone spends more time in the gym than they think they need.

you think ill have less time being a pharmacist than being in pharm school?? ...................... ok
maybe if i have kids and a naggy wife, i don't plan on that, but yeah it could happen.

im an american, mate. i just like aussie words

>i don't plan on getting married and having kids
>the ignorance

Do you know how many kids your age say this only to have kids in their 30s, you know heir reason? "people change". Anyone reading this over the age of 25 would agree with me

i'm 30 and marriage is horrible and so are kids

Your sentence is ambiguous as to whether you're married and have kids or not, do you?

people change, yeah, i like your arbitrary pigeonholing of anyone under 25 though

I'm 30 now, run a business, own a home, have bills to worry about, have 5+ close friends plus over 100+ aquaintens and still lift
>tfw no gf

I don't. I've never even considered marriage with the girlfriends I've had, relationships lasting up to 2 years. I think it's an odd concept and most of them fail

Oh so most people think about the prospect of having kids at 18? But that would go against my argument. If my age range is only off by one or two years then that means you're nitpicking.

What's was even your point? Lets hear it.

clearly people older also disagree with you. it's not a one-size-fits-all. it may or may not happen, but i can tell you that i deeply have no desire to have children, and i know myself, and i know this isn't likely to change. i may have a child and love that child, but i don't plan to. i may deeply love a woman and give in to her desire to have a child, but i don't plan to. so you could be right. but you could be wrong

People feel the primal urge to get married as they get older. You can google this for opinions. It's one of those things you don't realise it until it's happened.

Only a minority will live their entire lives without a mate and kids.

Logically, its better without, but what happens when you're 50 and all your friends are settled?Loneliness will creep in and the urge to also settle will linger.

Side note: George Clooney is married and is expecting a child at 55. Who would've thought.

>Clooney
The answer is simple: he got cucked. Time gets the best of us

My future kids and wife and my career will take priority but I don't see myself quit lifting. Go to any gym early in the morning, in the afternoon, or between 5-7pm and you'll find plenty of middle aged fathers and mothers getting in a quick workout before taking on their daily responsibilities. The fact that you were so quick to give up says more about you than anything

Found the cuck

The lonely thing makes sense, and it's something I've pondered and had perhaps only the slightest fear. I can thrive quite well as a recluse, but being social is nice, too. I would hate to regret my choices being alone when I'm 80, but is there much of a point to life at 80 anyway? Don't know what tomorrow brings.

Cuckadoodledoo

For real.. "Not having the energy" at 40. Ha. Like I'll just roll over and die.

>having a wife and kids

What happened 15 years ago when you said youll never have kids? Lmao "people change"

Cuck

Damnit that hits hard

What does he do?

15 years ago I was in 1st grade

my parents are in their 60s, i have 2 brothers, they have worked out consistently my entire life and are still in great shape. fucking stupid.

>wife and kids
Oh boy.... We have a casualty here!!!!

>exceptions exists
>can't grasp anything beyond his own view
>calls people stupid

Fucking stupid

He was born to be a beta provider. Makes our job easier

no, this OP is the one who set out saying you're doing it wrong if you're one of the exceptions

well i'm gonna be an exception and kick ass doing it, you pussies can stop lifting and turn into shit whenever you feel like it

Brah, finish high school then talk. Your adolescent idealism is both adorable and nostalgic

ad hominem, you dont know my age, your arguments are weak gtfo, im done

Who cares about being rich? Money doesn't buy you happiness.

The only standards you have to measure up to are your own. Who cares if that guy makes more money than you? It means fuck-all when you're dead.

>fallacy fallacy
>i don't know your age even though i do, so that means i can pretend that you're wrong ;^)
>im done so i dont have to read your replies because i feel like a rekt is incoming so i step out while making it look like ive proven my point by calling your post an ad hominem which i learnt by reading wikipedia.

Top FUCKING kek

>why live if you're going to die anyway
Women tier mental gymnastics. You embarrass me.

You seem really upset and hostile that others aren't giving up their minor hobby as easy as you are? Are you really giving up lifting or are you really here to have someone pat you on the back for getting a job and being 24

Who said anything about living?
I said material wealth doesn't matter.

Learn to read, mate.

>It means fuck-all when you're dead
>resorts to grasping

Grasp grasp. I can read fine. I can also read implications, which you're desperate trying to deny.

Your move "mate" kek

Okay, I'll bite. Exactly how much money do you make? It must be a lot, since you're all butthurt that it doesn't impress me.

I'm in the same position as you. Doing my first week of EPE (a course requirement where we p much have to volunteer in a pharmacy) is killing me. Standing for 8hrs per day, you just want to sit around after work and do nothing physical. It took all the discipline I could muster up to go lift today.

Who said anything about money? If money is all you care about then you have some reevaluating to do..

I did.
It was the entire basis of my first comment, because OP is all whiny that his friend is a millionaire or something stupid. Do you even know what we're arguing about?

Do you even know what this thread is about? You have it all wrong. Reevaluate yourself right now.

props, man! it's not easy at all. but those who really want it will make the time!

sooo edgy omgg :p X)

I just finished all my internship hours, there were some days where I was up at 5:30, in the hospital from 7 am to 5 pm, then to the gym right after. I barely had time to do my assignments before it was bedtime, but if you want to lift, you'll lift. I found that if I even sat down for one second when I got home, I would have a hard time making myself get up and go to the gym, so I would just get home and immediately change and be out the door.

Lifting takes 5 hours week. Come on user...

forming your body
becoming the fittest
and you tell shit about business and money

money will come and go
so will women

being fit is not about what other people may think of you
being fit is something you do for yourself

OP is a fag

Nope. Happiness is mostly an illusion, and money does buy you exactly that

You can bullshit and lift and have fun steady progress. Just look at plg.

Eat whatever, autoregulated lifting. Life is good.

I lift for myself. The mires are just a bonus.

I see lifting and getting swole as part of later success. Think about the determination,pain and sacrifice you need to go through to get fit. Now apply that to a career and a gf maybe. Now you made it AND are a respected sick Kent people lookup to. Lifting is the body, use da bady to change da mind. Or whatever Arnold would say.

On the topic of marriage:

You should marry the first girl you meet after turning 26 that is better than every girl you have met before.

I read it in The Guardian the other day. It was in some book about applying algorithms to daily life.

But i only.met one

most of the people here spend their first 25 years of life alone, why should it bother them more when they're older?

man i can't wait until im done with my education. Sure uni is fun as fuck but i miss having no responsibilities once i go home for the day. That crushing feeling when you can't take a day off because then you'll get behind in school.

Getting a wife, having children, buying a house , building my own home gym so i don't have to waste 1 hour every workout by going to the gym.
I don't lift for girls since i've had the same live-in GF for the past 4 years, i do it because it's fun and it's something im good at. Feels nice to always be the physical alpha in the room

Unfortunately, adult life doesn't usually work that way. You'll have plenty of shit to do once you're at home.

Same shit thread every day.

Fuck off Hamburglar, can't stop me from gaining.

Yeah, i know, but atm i go to school from 8:15-17:00. Go home make dinner, go to the gym, get home at 20:30. Study for 2 hours, spend some time with gf, go to sleep. Repeat 5 times a week) i only live for the weekend, even then i spend most of the day getting back up to speed with stuff from school. Then i have to do "chores" and other stuff you have to do, cleaning, shopping, meeting friends walking the dog, fixing shit, laundry etc.

My parents have way more free time as i do. And sure they still work some weekends, but when they come home from work, they usually go out for walks, watch netflix, make dinner, take vacations. (i haven't had a vacation in 4 years, since i work during breaks)

I know the grass is always greener. But having 0 time, 0 disposable income and constantly feeling stressed about upcoming tests etc is hell. Medicine sucks ass.

now this is what i call edgy, depressing and sad

>It's like being the best DOTA player in high school, unless you're taking it to the competitive level to make something out of it, no one cares how good you are at DOTA at a certain point in life; it might even be looked down upon too.

Teared up a little bit. God damn, naming DOTA really does a number on me

honestly 2hours a day in the gym is nothing in the grand scheme of things. i mean those two hours wont get in the way of building a social life and advancing academically

Pretty sure DotA ruined my life. Thank god I dont play vidya anymore

>lifting to get higher in your career

top kek, the funniest shit ever

this

normies underestimate us and our capability to remain alone without breaking apart

A lack of money causes unhappiness though.

It works in the military